6 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Guys,consider that I was (today I am retired) an IT security.

Then it's strange you were not aware of this simple setting which is there for ages.

privacy.resistFingerprinting

5 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Ugh :angry:

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

@XPerceniol

*** Canvas test ***
I get the same result in Edge.

For me it is more than enough.:D

14 hours ago, D.Draker said:

And this is what military experts like D.Draker get. 

Canvas toDataURL ×False

Canvas Fingerprint

Signature n/a

Uniqueness n/a

Military_Experts.png

And this is what AstroSkipper gets when blocking the Canvas Fingerprint in Mypal 68:

Mypal-68-13-7-Blocking-Canvas-Fingerprin

Edited by AstroSkipper

6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Unless there is something I'm not getting

I think @Sampei.Nihira put it all there. I follow (according to my taste and needs) arkenfox's user.js prescriptions.

Two points to add. 1) I (nowadays) use this relatively unique profile in a unique browser to access the big cats of the e-oligopoly. As a foreigner, therefore, all data in this profile are belong to them, so to speak. There my contribution to thee. 2) I even surf in what they manage to suggest, and let them bots spy each other spying my not clicking any of the bait. So far I still get the fish, so I'm not thinking much of plan b, seriously ;P. 

Edited by dmiranda

12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And this is what AstroSkipper gets when blocking the Canvas Fingerprint in Mypal 68:

Mypal-68-13-7-Blocking-Canvas-Fingerprin

But of course such hard settings break the functionality of many websites. That's why I usually prefer other settings.

Edited by AstroSkipper

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And this is what I get when faking the Canvas Fingerprint in Mypal 68:

Mypal-68-13-7-Faking-Canvas-Fingerprinti

Jaw breaking success! @AstroSkipperis the first one to successfully fake and randomise the fingerprint in Firefox (Mypal68).

This needs to be patented and saved in a dedicated topic, memorised for the future generations!

Thank you for sharing, AstroSkipper!

Just as an illustration, see the printout of lightbeam (addon that shows the sites you visit, and the resources (cdn, fonts, etc) they take from the cloud. These are 200 pages/subpages I visit almost daily, for work  and leisure (all mainstream). For my research I have similar pics in sp52. If you visit those sites without proper settings, the app will show not the neat balls you see below, but a bunch of interconnected meshes made of sites, and of the common resources they use to keep our attention. To avoid that interconnection means privacy. But that information remain in your isp, and the multiple cloud-spaces where (generic) you have most of your data, which makes that information a security issue. For that reason, site/tab isolation (containerization) is a must. And for that reason, you should use, if your hardware allows, multiprocess.   

Noname.png

Edited by dmiranda

Just for clarification, I do not and have not previously used Arkenfox user.js in Mypal 68 (or any other Firefox-based browser, Edge or Chrome which are all definitely off-topic here). jexplique.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Gawd ..

privacy.resistFingerprinting

So yeah, its keeps the browser at the preferred space but I expand it anyway to fit my screen which makes me even more unique.

As as to:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-protection-against-fingerprinting

privacy.resistFingerprinting.letterbox

https://tor.stackexchange.com/questions/23313/today-there-is-privacy-resistfingerprinting-letterbox-which-prevents-firefox-tor

with that set to true it makes it not enjoyable so I go without it. 

Just sayin, is all ... hopefully @feodor2 will come up with something to scramble or poison the canvas.

Edited by XPerceniol

Hi @XPerceniol, in mypal68, Chamaleon (successor of legacy xul random user agent extension) allows you to fake your screen size, among other things. It won't protect you from super-agent Maxwell Smart (CONTROL), but it will keep your privacy with most sites, unless you whitelist them (as you have to with the e-oligololy).