29 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

For every desired feature, there is a solution in the form of an extension. :) But my tabs will stay horizontally. I am a creature of habit. :P 

Agreed.  Horizontal for me also.  The only justification I see for vertical is because the tab width shrinks when you have too many tabs open or you think you are better off "never" closing tabs.

I call this "tab hoarding" and it is surprisingly a browser-habit on-the-rise.  It's a practice that has been linked to Attention Defecit/Hyperactivity Disorder.  To each their own, of course.

20 minutes ago, tinman2000 said:

Thanks mina7601 - that's the bar I was talking about.. Any ideas how to turn it off?

You're welcome.
And to turn it off, do this:

1. Type about:support in the address bar and press Enter on your keyboard.

2. Click "Open Folder" next to "Profile Folder".

3. Create a new folder with the name chrome.

4. Create a new text file there and rename it to userChrome.css (make sure you have unchecked "Hide extensions for known file types in Folder Options, otherwise, it will be renamed to userChrome.css.txt)

5. Open the file with a text editor (I personally use Notepad++, but the bulit-in Windows Notepad works too), and copy the text from here and paste it to your userChrome.css file, then save the file.

6. Restart Mypal 68, and the bar should be turned off.

(All of the above is originally from this article, but I tested it myself, and it works for me normally in Mypal 68)

Edited by mina7601

1 hour ago, tinman2000 said:

Thanks mina7601 - that's the bar I was talking about.. Any ideas how to turn it off?

And may I kindly ask where you want to open tabs if the tab bar is turned off? That does not really make sense. Tabs are opened horizontally or maybe vertically by using an extension. That's the way this browser works. If you need more space to read a web page, you can use the full screen mode with the F11 key. I know that for example in New Moon 28 you can toggle the visibility of the tab bar but I never used or needed it. :no: BTW, most features of the legacy browsers can also be retrofitted in Mypal 68 with the help of userscripts with the extensions *.uc.js or *.css. Have a look for example here under custom buttons:

Kind regards, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

That's excellent - thanks mina7601. That work around worked like a charm! I think I've got Mypal 68 working fine now. It'd be nice to change the drop down menus from grey to white for easier reading but it's no deal breaker.

AstroSkipper, I'm just an old codger so I like to keep my browser pretty simple. I just use my bookmark links to go anywhere I want to go.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you so much feodor! you have helped so many people with your projects and I would like to thank you for all you do here even with the struggles your having right now your amazing!

On 5/31/2023 at 11:47 AM, feodor2 said:

thank you for this updated , fixed mega.nz crash and fixed messenger.com/discord not loading , many thanks to you  ;)

this browser is very stable on Win2000 SP4 +kernelEx i use it  for a long time , and no BSOD appear as WinXP SP2 as you said in github  .

from Windows 2000 on real hardware :

gm.jpg

x.jpg

Edited by windows2

15 hours ago, windows2 said:

from Windows 2000 on real hardware :

can i see your pc specs and browser's about:support content?

thanks

Edited by Lemberg