StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Hello Tihiy, first of all thank you very much for your applications, always wonderful!

I'd like to report an application hang when ticking and unticking the "Use new font for classic UI" option under the Advanced tab, the exe hanging is StartAllBackCfg.exe.

I made a video about it:

https://streamable.com/cd2xum

This is the Event Viewer reports after ticking and unticking the option.

Tick: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ArmouryDevice\asus_framework.exe" --- ArmouryCrate

Tick.png

Untick: "C:\Windows\System32\WerFault.exe"or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WerFault.exe" ---- Windows Problem Reporting

Untick.png

Let me know if I need to provide more info.

Edited by MaXeLL

@MaXeLL I can't fonfirm this. For me it's okay in RC3.

I've had another "strange" issue:

If I disable one of these two options, there was played a sound, like clearing the recycle bin.

Zwischenablage02.thumb.jpg.62ebfef333d6bfb8f1c49d8d6805b59c.jpg

...it's not a big issue, but a bit strange. :D

Edit:

If you untick this settings, the lists will be cleared automaticly. So the buttons on the right: Clear list, are redundant or the lists didn't have to be cleaned, if you only untick the settings.

Edited by geneticplasma

4 hours ago, MaXeLL said:

I'd like to report an application hang when ticking and unticking the "Use new font for classic UI" option

I confirm this issue on my PC.

Also about this new option: you have selected the Display variant, which as the name says it’s intended for large sizes. You should replace the old Segoe static font with Segoe UI Variable Text. Otherwise, the fonts look worse because of the selected font family.

spacer.pngspacer.png

2 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Now that was reported as OldNewExplorer conflict

Exactly so and that´s the reason why StartAllBack will be much better. I also didn´t know that till i tried StartAllBack two days ago for the very first time. OldNewExplorer never had that compatibility and stability right from the beginning. Thanks for that Tihiy.

Some bugs

1. If use windows 10 ribbon ui, then text color of icons are white and background also white, so can't usable. Sometimes it works correctly but most of time white text with white background

Windows settings->Personalization -> choose your mode -> custom, default windows mode - dark, default app mode - light

2. Aside, in this forum signup page, there is no windows 11 option to choose

Thanks!

Capture.jpg

On 10/8/2021 at 6:40 AM, Spode said:
On 10/6/2021 at 9:20 AM, ChrisK said:

is there anyway to center all icons in the taskbar?  I have to admit I like the centered look on a wide screen monitor.

I would really like this as well! Also @Tihiy, is there a changelog/version history on the StartAllBack website?

+1 here too, the only thing on my wishlist for this app! Great work as always.

With the update to make the network icon take you straight to the network settings I now have no way of easily accessing Quick Settings (I use EarTrumpet so have the stock volume icon disabled). It would be nice had a way to access it such as with the cog button that appears when you use other means to revert to the Windows 10 taskbar (such as ExplorerPatcher).