Jump to content
MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

StartAllBack for Windows 11


Tihiy
 Share

Recommended Posts


Hey all, your product is awesome but I'm having an issue with the task bar loading after restart. Not everything reloads, and when I uninstall Startallback it all returns. It's strange because just as Windows loads while SIB is running, explorer restarts and then all the icons and programs don't load from startup or task scheduler. I've attached my images below. I do load quite a few programs, and have bought both versions from you. The Windows 10 version works fine under the same amount of programs loaded.

Any help is much appreciated and thanks for your time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hashybot said:

Hey all, your product is awesome but I'm having an issue with the task bar loading after restart. Not everything reloads, and when I uninstall Startallback it all returns. It's strange because just as Windows loads while SIB is running, explorer restarts and then all the icons and programs don't load from startup or task scheduler. I've attached my images below. I do load quite a few programs, and have bought both versions from you. The Windows 10 version works fine under the same amount of programs loaded.

Any help is much appreciated and thanks for your time.

never had such problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2021-10-05_22-28-49.png.576f0cf5c5f47897cadb579a17d18e59.png

This one above is after installing the last beta on Windows 11, latest update today. This is all it will load after reboot.

2021-10-05_23-53-27.png.ed5ce862570c55a04d9ebcd1c2214c31.png

This is before installing SIB.

Sorry for separate post, images wouldn't work on previous post for some reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed a few small problems in High Contrast mode:

- when no programs are open, the pinned icons go all wide:

spacer.png

- colours in StartAllBack settings are a bit weird:

image.png.eb6daf6fb5a6821c9e736509f43efd08.png image.png.e0711e642f8397c629678c509d310838.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tihiy said:

Hashybot, so does this happen after explorer crash or after startup?

Hey Tihiy, it happens after I restart. On the initial load of SIB it loads everything fine (so right after the install, but as soon as I restart, under half the programs reload.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

Well, why do you reload and what apps do not reload? Do they reload with standard taskbar?

Without listing all the apps that don't reload, you can see from the screenshot there are a heap (more than a 2/3rds)... The issue happens only directly after a Windows 11 restart. As mentioned in my first post, all apps reload fine in Windows 10 x64 with SIB, with exactly the same apps... they also load fine without SIB installed, or directly after the initial installation.

Edited by Hashybot
Clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

If I remove the Widget package:

Get-AppxPackage MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -allusers MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience | Remove-AppxPackage

Unfortunately, StartAllBack keep having the option (taskbar right click) to show the new useless button on the taskbar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wmn said:

Hi,

 

If I remove the Widget package:

Get-AppxPackage MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -allusers MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience | Remove-AppxPackage

Unfortunately, StartAllBack keep having the option (taskbar right click) to show the new useless button on the taskbar.

...why would you delete critical system files to remove an option?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thepwrtank18 said:

...why would you delete critical system files to remove an option?

When removed, the windows taskbar widgets option is gone in the settings panel. StartAllBack should reflect this.

At least it should be checket at StartAllBack installation if the Widgets Package is installed (current user and all users)

Edited by wmn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having the Address toolbar turned on breaks the taskbar (such as making it taller and making the time default to what you would find on the Large icon setting). 

Before:

image.thumb.png.27e600a5d4e423157f938d941392f1e8.png

After:

image.thumb.png.b7b2eb03bc6f7368fb713ce77b842c23.png

Edited by thepwrtank18
redacted Discord profile name
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...