StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

4 minutes ago, Hashybot said:

Hey all, your product is awesome but I'm having an issue with the task bar loading after restart. Not everything reloads, and when I uninstall Startallback it all returns. It's strange because just as Windows loads while SIB is running, explorer restarts and then all the icons and programs don't load from startup or task scheduler. I've attached my images below. I do load quite a few programs, and have bought both versions from you. The Windows 10 version works fine under the same amount of programs loaded.

Any help is much appreciated and thanks for your time.

never had such problem

2021-10-05_22-28-49.png.576f0cf5c5f47897cadb579a17d18e59.png

This one above is after installing the last beta on Windows 11, latest update today. This is all it will load after reboot.

2021-10-05_23-53-27.png.ed5ce862570c55a04d9ebcd1c2214c31.png

This is before installing SIB.

Sorry for separate post, images wouldn't work on previous post for some reason.

Just now, Tihiy said:

Hashybot, so does this happen after explorer crash or after startup?

Hey Tihiy, it happens after I restart. On the initial load of SIB it loads everything fine (so right after the install, but as soon as I restart, under half the programs reload.

8 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

Well, why do you reload and what apps do not reload? Do they reload with standard taskbar?

Without listing all the apps that don't reload, you can see from the screenshot there are a heap (more than a 2/3rds)... The issue happens only directly after a Windows 11 restart. As mentioned in my first post, all apps reload fine in Windows 10 x64 with SIB, with exactly the same apps... they also load fine without SIB installed, or directly after the initial installation.

Edited by Hashybot
Clarification

Hi,

If I remove the Widget package:

Get-AppxPackage MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -allusers MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience | Remove-AppxPackage

Unfortunately, StartAllBack keep having the option (taskbar right click) to show the new useless button on the taskbar.

3 minutes ago, wmn said:

Hi,

If I remove the Widget package:

Get-AppxPackage MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -allusers MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience | Remove-AppxPackage

Unfortunately, StartAllBack keep having the option (taskbar right click) to show the new useless button on the taskbar.

...why would you delete critical system files to remove an option?

5 minutes ago, thepwrtank18 said:

...why would you delete critical system files to remove an option?

When removed, the windows taskbar widgets option is gone in the settings panel. StartAllBack should reflect this.

At least it should be checket at StartAllBack installation if the Widgets Package is installed (current user and all users)

Edited by wmn

Having the Address toolbar turned on breaks the taskbar (such as making it taller and making the time default to what you would find on the Large icon setting). 

Before:

image.thumb.png.27e600a5d4e423157f938d941392f1e8.png

After:

image.thumb.png.b7b2eb03bc6f7368fb713ce77b842c23.png

Edited by thepwrtank18
redacted Discord profile name

This app is a must-have, killer app for Windows forever now going forward. The taskbar fixes for me are indispensable. Btw, what app am I supposed to use to edit StartAllBack msstyles for Start menu or taskbar. Windows Style Builder? I wasn't into theming and skinning much these past many years until the default Windows appearance went so downhill in usability that it started to affect functionality and ease of use.

12 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Okay, this one should do it

http://startisback.com/StartAllBack_setup.exe

If fails, please monitor debug output 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/debugview

The line I'm interested in is like '[6988] XXX PACKAGE Microsoft.SecHealthUI_8wekyb3d8bbwe FULL NAME Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe NEWFULLNAME Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe'

I had the same crash as andreymd87, and this latest build seems to have fixed it.