MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

This app is a must-have, killer app for Windows forever now going forward. The taskbar fixes for me are indispensable. Btw, what app am I supposed to use to edit StartAllBack msstyles for Start menu or taskbar. Windows Style Builder? I wasn't into theming and skinning much these past many years until the default Windows appearance went so downhill in usability that it started to affect functionality and ease of use.

12 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Okay, this one should do it

http://startisback.com/StartAllBack_setup.exe

If fails, please monitor debug output 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/debugview

The line I'm interested in is like '[6988] XXX PACKAGE Microsoft.SecHealthUI_8wekyb3d8bbwe FULL NAME Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe NEWFULLNAME Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe'

I had the same crash as andreymd87, and this latest build seems to have fixed it.

• Like 1

Thanks for creating StartAllBack! I'd like to purchase it, but there is one major issue that is holding me back. When StartAllBack is running, when I hold Alt and repeatedly press Tab to cycle through the open windows, it does not switch to the selected window when I release Tab. I have to press Enter or click the desired window. This problem goes away if I disable StartAllBack. Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Edited by bdr9

Hi,

First of all: great work! I love it!

I noticed a slight bug when using the Ribbon mode of the Explorer: the window title is white, which is almost unreadable on light background colours. The 11 standard Explorer correctly uses black text color.

I also noticed that the german translation still has lots of untranslated texts. I hereby offer my help in completing the translation. :)

1 hour ago, Tihiy said:

Those sound like transient Win11 bugs, can't repro them

Since M$ removed the ability to use "Start_ShowClassicMode" to get the Win10 Start Menu back, will it be possible to re-enable the Win10 Start Menu in a future version of StartAllBack? Or is the Classic Start Menu going to be the only option?

Posted (edited)

Please do not hijack posts. Reinstating Win10 menu as it was is not planned. Even if it is possible, it will be too fragile.

Reimplementing is considered, but that won't happen anytime soon. Start11 will do that tomorrow but it is strictly not compatible with StartAllBack.

Edited by Tihiy

3 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Those sound like transient Win11 bugs, can't repro them

I meant the translation of your SAB settings. There are still a lot of english items (roughly 70% is not yet translated into german, e.g. the whole "Welcome" tab, most of the "Taskbar" tab, the entire "Explorer" tab etc.), but I would gladly help to complete the german translation.

As for the text bug when using Ribbon Explorer: this only happens when the Mica effect is turned on. Then the Window title should be black, but is white. Did I understand correctly that you have no influence on that?

ribbon explorer title no mica.png

ribbon explorer title with mica.png

Edited by Locutus2002

2.9.91 RC(2)

- Implemented Search / Task View hover popups

- Removed Widgets if they're uninstalled

- Fixed search crash on certain systems

- Fixed close button thumbnail styling

- Fixed empty names for Win+X menu items

• Like 1

Hi,

StartAllBack 2.9.91 RC2:

Using StartAllBack taskbar and start menu :

If I click on the start menu icon first, start menu open normally, then if I click on the search icon, search window open normally, but if I click again at the start menu icon, search menu is still open and the start menu does not open.

Using Windows 11 start menu and StartAllBack taskbar:

I can toggle clicking on both icon and the action if correctly toggled.

Thank you.

Hi,

Is it possible to get the same start menu color as the search window and calendar and notification window?

Thank you.

Edited by wmn