MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Great, I just upgraded my license and it worked/activated perfectly.

What I have noticed is missing in SAB:

• In the original Windows 11 task bar in the window preview function there are snap groups previews shown always on the rightmost side next to the window preview thumbnails. Those snap groups previews are missing in SAB.
  • In the original Windows 11 task bar there are the most recent searches shown when hovering over the search icon. Those are missing when hovering over the search icon with SAB active.
  • The new animations from the original Windows 11 task bar (for example when hovering over or clicking an application icon) are missing in SAB.

My conclusion is that SAB injects some older Windows taskbar DLLs into the system which lack those newer functions and animations.

My question: Is it possible to add those Windows 11 features into SAB?

Also: It would be great if there were an option to have SAB start menu enabled, but at the same time use the Windows Search instead of the built in search of SAB. So that the SAB start menu invokes the Windows Search when users hit the Windows Key (WinKey) on the keyboard and start typing. Currently this is only possible when the SAB Start Menu is turned off.

Edited by Riban

Updated to new build and it fixed one little issue I had with the Old/New Context Menu and I upgraded my License so thanks.

I admit I may be clueless but some of the settings do not appear to do much so would be graceful for some kind of "Read Me" that explains what some of the less obvious settings do.

Edited by helmutcheese

1 hour ago, thepwrtank18 said:

Anyways, great work @Tihiy! Much better than Start11 in my opinion.

Absolutely. Better than many other start menu/taskbar replacements, too.

215675716_QQ20211005140354.jpg.f31cf439ed04123fd1b95fc32a4ad150.jpg

Enabled "Use new font for classic UI"

Chinese font would be the old "Simsun"

It should be "Segoe UI Variable" + "Microsoft YaHei" like in StartAllBackConfiguration

It seems change SystemLink in registry like the uploaded reg file can fix thisSystemLink.reg

526935023_QQ20211005144853.jpg.14519b851e0aed211e9d069b2ba8ec0b.jpg

Edited by SakuranomiyaAira

Okay, this one should do it

http://startisback.com/StartAllBack_setup.exe

If fails, please monitor debug output 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/debugview

The line I'm interested in is like '[6988] XXX PACKAGE Microsoft.SecHealthUI_8wekyb3d8bbwe FULL NAME Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe NEWFULLNAME Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe'