StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 1/28/2024 at 1:02 PM, idbirch2 said:

"This version of StartAllBack is not intended for this Windows version"

Just had this popup twice in quick succession.  Think I was typing the first time so unintentionally hit Enter on 'OK' which resulted in something horrific I haven't seen in more than a year (the native Win11 start menu!).  I reinstalled 3.7.3 and once it enabled itself, I got the same message again.  I clicked "Enable" and everything seems ok but thought I'd report it.

Have attached the error and output of winver.

SiB_WinVersionIncompat.png

SiB_WinVer.png

I get this every time Windows restarts after an update. Just click Enable, and it's fine until the next update.

Been using StartAllBack for quite a while now and I am throroughtly enjoying it.

I still have two minor things I want to point out:, nothing game-breaking:

1. I have mentioned it already but there is no way still to change the language of the Settings window and is forced on with system locale.

2. New systray icons in the taskbar are not put in front of the list and I have to manually move them each time. For example, I launch Discord, Telegram and Epic Games Launcher in this order and I would like it to have the right order going from left to right (newest to oldest ran application followed by already opened applications and system icons). The icons for new applications often go in completly random places in the systray it seems...

10 hours ago, Mikaelo said:

How will Win10 calendar flyout work when Mail and Calendar app will be removed from Windows system and will be replaced by NEW Outlook?

The flyout for calendar and e-mail works perfectly with the new Outlook Mail as well as with other mail programs. I have tried the new one and also use a different mail program now because the new Outlook Mail simply sends too much data to the Microsoft servers. 
Canary version 26058 works perfectly for me and without any problems from StartAllBack. Many thanks again to the developer Tihiy. I love the layout and will never uninstall it again 

Is there any option to disable the taskband hot-tracking? I tried turning the values to 255/0 in msstyleeditor? I tried turning transparency off to trick the option, but just completely broke the taskband buttons, obviously lol.. Is there an undocumented registry key for it? I know there is an option to turn the animations off, but the color still appears. (Trying to make a Vista Taskbar theme which didn't use hot-tracking)image.png.83d7db407ddb7ee8f69acb6cb091f3b7.png

22 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Adjusted, please retest

Tested StartAllBack 3.7.5.
2 bugs:
Bug 1.

- Windows 11 Canary 26063 it has some problems with second screen taskbar:
image.png.97702e6f252de8d5deb0d3288876ed95.png

as you see there the build tag is in taskbar.
also an app is on right side (Win + Right Arrow) it shows like:
image.png.265249c72347a92b547e48bcb43c6aa9.png

Bug 2.

- Cannot pin apps to taskbar by dragging that into that, but pinning files to App's Jumplist is working.

1 hour ago, Ionut Bara said:

- Cannot pin apps to taskbar by dragging that into that, but pinning files to App's Jumplist is working.

That one was fixed

21 hours ago, Ionut Bara said:

not working . when i dragging it show pin to taskbar and nothing happens. same thing with older SaB,

please note this is happening on Windows Insider Canary Builds.

tested next beta of StartAllBack, pinning is working, and i love sharp corners .. no more Valinet's Disable Rounded Corners Utility

image.png.0f7293062d6db2e06011a491bf70d611.png

12 hours ago, Ionut Bara said:

tested next beta of StartAllBack, pinning is working, and i love sharp corners .. no more Valinet's Disable Rounded Corners Utility

image.png.0f7293062d6db2e06011a491bf70d611.png

what am i missing - how do i get dark magic to run - however i run StartallBack i cannot get it to show the 'Magic' button

Use 'startisbackcfg /magic' command to enable or disable.

24 minutes ago, adacom said:

what am i missing - how do i get dark magic to run - however i run StartallBack i cannot get it to show the 'Magic' button

5 hours ago, Ionut Bara said:

Use 'startisbackcfg /magic' command to enable or disable.

thanks afaik i have tried that and startallback /magic and it did not work but will try again as i guess i had something wrong

Edited by adacom