My Browser Builds (Part 3)

Just unbelievable .. as if I've not enough to be concerned about. Here I am at 9:33 cuddled up in my pajamas with my teddy bear all ready to watch a move .. mind you, I've been watching movies on yidio without any issues at all on on:

Serpent

Version     52.9.0 (32-bit)
Build ID     20220701004211

Here I get a blank page. Could somebody confirm this, please. Thank you as I don't actually know how or what is the problem, but this is awful news to add injury to insult :unsure:

https://www.yidio.com/movies/filter/free

I'm relying on free sites now as I can not afford paid movie sites and this will hurt if we can't watch movies.

Again, sorry, I'm just a bit frazzled about it.

question.JPG

Even 360V11 is not working and watching movies with 13.5 is nearly impossible with only 2GB of memory.

Screw it ... I'll go to bed early.

EDIT: Yeah, is what it is, I guess. After looking in the mirror I realized I (perhaps) needed to begin this 'beauty sleep' about 10 years ago.... not a pretty site to say the very least. Oh well. While your at at, anybody know if somebody is holding an Avon party somewhere? Free face cream samples.

Good night!

Edited by XPerceniol

Hi,

I've been using and enjoying Roy's builds for several years [as well as lurking in this thread and its predecessors, and learning from posters], and am grateful to still have browser choices which look and behave like legacy Mozilla, and which support my legacy Mozilla extensions.

Like many of the posters here, I too hate unnecessary change.

Usually I can figure out what to do when website incompatibilities happen, whether because I updated a browser, or sometimes a site makes changes when I have not.

Today, I updated an install which I mainly use for YouTube, from New Moon 27 of February 2020 to same but of May 28, 2022.

It works and seems stable, but I encountered a problem when YT wanted me to login to my Google account in order to view a newscast which contained some violent content.

The login page for Google did not work.

Even with a new profile with no addons, the problem persisted.

It's been a few months, but I am pretty sure that the last time that I had to do this with my last version of this browser, it worked.

I have also tried several alternate UA  strings for YouTube, but without improvement, and sometimes causing other problems.

So I ask :

Is the Google login borked on newer builds of New Moon 27, or did Google just make yet another unannounced coding change to their site and I am incorrectly blaming the browser update ?

Has anyone else had trouble logging into their Google account with any build of New Moon 27 ?

If so, what did you do to fix it ?

I the meantime, I will copy from a backup, and try the old version to compare.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Just unbelievable .. as if I've not enough to be concerned about. Here I am at 9:33 cuddled up in my pajamas with my teddy bear all ready to watch a move .. mind you, I've been watching movies on yidio without any issues at all on on...

...Good night!

Sadly, same here with "Help"->"About Serpent": v52.9.0 (2022-07-06) (32-bit) posted saturday 07-09. Also same in a bit older version of Roytam1's K-Meleon (Goanna) and

same with much older RT's New moon browser from 2022-04-01 (27.10.0, 32-bit) on XP SP3 x86. Blank/black page with all three. And of course same with Firefox 52.9.0 (XP-last).

2 hours ago, modnar said:

Sadly, same here with "Help"->"About Serpent": v52.9.0 (2022-07-06) (32-bit) posted saturday 07-09. Also same in a bit older version of Roytam1's K-Meleon (Goanna) and

same with much older RT's New moon browser from 2022-04-01 (27.10.0, 32-bit) on XP SP3 x86. Blank/black page with all three. And of course same with Firefox 52.9.0 (XP-last).

Thank you .. strange because I've been watching for months and only last night (and still this morning) blank page?

This is the only thing I get for error.

yidio.thumb.JPG.0f9f97876470e3bee40c66d63e0da907.JPG

RE: sleep ... I feel like a 100 bucks ... ugh!

Edited by XPerceniol

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Thank you .. strange because I've been watching for months and only last night (and still this morning) blank page?

This is the only thing I get for error.

yidio.thumb.JPG.0f9f97876470e3bee40c66d63e0da907.JPG

RE: sleep ... I feel like a 100 bucks ... ugh!

I get this in New Moon 28 (partially translated from Dutch):

Timestamp: 11-7-2022 17:02:44
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIStringBundle.GetStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: XStringBundle :: getString :: line 22"  data: no]

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIStringBundle.GetStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: XStringBundle :: getString :: line 22"  data: no]

Timestamp: 11-7-2022 17:02:47
Error: None of the 'sha512' hashes in the integrity attribute match the contents of the subresource.
Source file: https://www.yidio.com/movies/filter/free
Line: 0

spacer.png

In official Pale Moon 31.1.1 the page doesn't display either and I get only the last 'sha512' error.

Page displays fine in Firefox 102.0.1...

[offtopic]

Tip:

Save your screenshots in .png format.

They will be much clearer. ;)

Edited by nicolaasjan

1 hour ago, nicolaasjan said:

I get this in New Moon 28 (partially translated from Dutch):

Timestamp: 11-7-2022 17:02:47
Error: None of the 'sha512' hashes in the integrity attribute match the contents of the subresource.
Source file: https://www.yidio.com/movies/filter/free
Line: 0

spacer.png

In official Pale Moon 31.1.1 the page doesn't display either and I get only the last 'sha512' error.

Page displays fine in Firefox 102.0.1...

[offtopic]

Tip:

Save your screenshots in .png format.

They will be much clearer. ;)

ping.thumb.PNG.a2d3cbcbc2d7dbadd17958632070fe98.PNG

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help. I never realized the format made such a difference ... this does look much better!

Sad to say, although the page will load, I can't watch anything and these are the errors in the very latest:

Name     Mypal
Version     68.12.4b
Build ID     20220609091236

Please accept apology if this is encroaching on Roy's thread, and I hope the mods will move if needed to the mypal thread(s) if need be :)

Edited by XPerceniol

15 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I never realized the format made such a difference ... this does look much better!

[offtopic]

That's because by default .jpg applies compression that causes the infamous jpeg artefacts (relic from the past, when images needed to have small file sizes).

You can see them when enlarging the image.

png compression is much smarter. :)

[Edit]

Why are you running RogueKiller?

Hope  you don't have malware.

Edited by nicolaasjan

14 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Even 360V11 is not working and watching movies with 13.5 is nearly impossible with only 2GB of memory.

Funnily enough, the yidio URI referenced,

loads as expected in my copy of 360EEv11 (Russian RePack, i.e. none of the modified versions offered by the two MSFN members ;) ) :

DzxgHBW.jpg

17 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

relic from the past, when images needed to have small file sizes).

... However, @XPerceniol is using MSFN itself to attach screengrabs, not an external third-party service like you (dropbox) and me (imgur), so by using PNGs rather than JPGs he'll run out of MSFN attachment space much sooner... :P

15 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Here I get a blank page. Could somebody confirm this, please. Thank you as I don't actually know how or what is the problem, but this is awful news to add injury to insult :unsure:

Just add a custom user agent in about:config=
--------------------------------------------------------
general.useragent.override.yidio.com
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad Plus; CPU OS 15_5 like Mac OS X; rv:5.1) Goanna/20220506 PaleMoon/31.0.0

Makes the page work again here.

Edited by Saphir

1 hour ago, Saphir said:

Just add a custom user agent in about:config=
--------------------------------------------------------
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad Plus; CPU OS 15_5 like Mac OS X; rv:5.1) Goanna/20220506 PaleMoon/31.0.0

Makes the page work again here.

646538696_yes.._yes.thumb.JPG.a8fbe13fc0b22491cb8e2db2dc980c5c.JPG

Yeeees!!! That did it - thank you very much my movies are back again.

EDIT:

If I may dare ask .. in that useragent, what does "rv:5.1" mean or refer to and I don't know what to use for general.useragent.compatMode.version so I just went with 31 for now and left general.oscpu.override empty.

Edited by XPerceniol

9 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Still there is another big problem now, there is now no link to Google play as i have used a faked Apple user agent. So while the page can be partly viewed again, you still may not be able to watch movies from there :(

7 minutes ago, Saphir said:

Still there is another big problem now, there is now no link to Google play as i have used a faked Apple user agent. So while the page can be partly viewed again, you still may not be able to watch movies from there :(

I used an Android 9 Chrome user agent, and no free movies. You have to watch via Apple TV or Amazon, And that means you have to pay for it. :( Or the filter free doesn't work properly anymore. :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

32 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Good news, after trying out some other user agents this one seems to work for Google play - if you make a right click on the Red circle with the play symbole and pick "open in a new tab"

Unbenannt.png.3c73606cac1aa07d279d868c8b39c16c.png

just change the value of

from

into
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 10) Goanna/20220506 PaleMoon/31.0.0

Edited by Saphir

8 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

[offtopic]

That's because by default .jpg applies compression that causes the infamous jpeg artefacts (relic from the past, when images needed to have small file sizes).

You can see them when enlarging the image.

png compression is much smarter. :)

[Edit]

Why are you running RogueKiller?

Hope  you don't have malware.

I'm sorry, I missed your edit ... I feel asleep on the sofa (rough night prior) and woke up to read over ... no malware ever on my system. I only run that when I get suspicious.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Malwarebytes ADW Cleaner 6.0.4.7 - Malwarebytes Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit 1.9.1.1001. Still new definitions with limited Heuristic ability to detect, but I DO NOT use real-time on my systems.

Besides, if things go *that* bad, I'd rather just use my Acronis backup and restore it - usually backup once a week.

Thank you again for your concern and help :)

EDIT: Needed to correct mistakes - I'm very groggy when I first wake up lately.

Edited by XPerceniol