My Browser Builds (Part 3)

6 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Funnily enough, the yidio URI referenced,

https://www.yidio.com/movies/filter/free

loads as expected in my copy of 360EEv11 (Russian RePack, i.e. none of the modified versions offered by the two MSFN members ;) ) :

DzxgHBW.jpg

Yeah, no problem to load this site, but did you try to watch any of these movies for free?

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

646538696_yes.._yes.thumb.JPG.a8fbe13fc0b22491cb8e2db2dc980c5c.JPG

Yeeees!!! That did it - thank you very much my movies are back again.

EDIT:

If I may dare ask .. in that useragent, what does "rv:5.1" mean or refer to and I don't know what to use for general.useragent.compatMode.version so I just went with 31 for now and left general.oscpu.override empty.

Spoofing the user agent works, though, but this site doesn't seem to offer movies for free. Either I do something wrong or this site has changed to an untrustworthy one. I tried it on my Android tablet either, and none of the movies were for free. Could you really use this service without payments in the past? Anyway, very strange! :dubbio:

Cheers, AstroSkipper unami.gif

Oh, well you need to sift through each movie and see where it takes you. I guess I mainly use it for reference. I don't have paid services so unless it takes me to something free, I can't watch it. But to answer you question, early in the year almost everything was free, but now, hardly any so the site (itself) isn't much good anymore. Maybe sites that used to be around are no more and gone. Too bad actually but people were blocking the ads and I guess they wanted to make money.

Edited by XPerceniol

For the most part, I have a Vudu free account but I have to log in (yuck) but Pluto and Tubi I use the most and no spoofing required.

https://tubitv.com/

https://pluto.tv/

Well actually I do spoof my Serpent 52 and 55 to:

user_pref("general.useragent.compatMode.firefox", false);
user_pref("general.useragent.compatMode.gecko", false);
user_pref("general.useragent.compatMode.version", "102");
user_pref("general.useragent.override", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win32; x86; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/102.0");

user_pref("general.oscpu.override", "Windows NT 10.0");untitled_sal_2.thumb.JPG.355f9d3ab6f263e537aa0579375f5101.JPG

Edited by XPerceniol

3 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

For the most part, I have a Vudu free account but I have to log in (yuck) but Pluto and Tubi I use the most and no spoofing required.

https://tubitv.com/

https://pluto.tv/

Well actually I do spoof my Serpent 52 and 55 to:

user_pref("general.useragent.compatMode.firefox", false);
user_pref("general.useragent.compatMode.gecko", false);
user_pref("general.useragent.compatMode.version", "102");
user_pref("general.useragent.override", "Mo

Thanks for the information! I personally do not use streaming services. I don't watch movies online either. Only offline! And if I wanted to watch movies using tubitv, I would have to connect via VPN. This service is in my area (Germany) blocked. I could do that, but I prefer watching movies in my native language i.e. in German. :)

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

did you try to watch any of these movies for free?
(snipped)
this site doesn't seem to offer movies for free.
(snipped)
Could you really use this service without payments in the past?

One might also consider the fact many of the free offerings may be geo-blocked (e.g. YouTube Movies do offer "free" movies, but mainly in the US...); and using a VPN isn't much help, especially if you need your Google Account+credit card to sign-in/watch (because Google demand you associate it with your mobile phone number, IIANM...).

I was under the impression "Free" G-Movies required you to "rent" one first with a sanctioned credit card, except for the fact the charge would be USD0.00 in that case... :dubbio:
Another concern of mine is that most "movie" providing services listed in "yidio" (e.g AppleTV, Amazon Prime, Google Play Store, Paramount+, Hulu, Showtime, etc. ) ALL employ DRM (WidevineCDM), even for "free" content; Widevine isn't compatible with XP/Vista (thanks, Google :realmad: ) ...

51 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

BOTH only available in the US... :angry: (Later edit: Pluto appears to be available in select European locations: UK, Germany, Austria)

The real question remains unanswered: Why does currently the desktop version of "yidio" NOT display in UXP-based browsers? :dubbio:

Edited by VistaLover

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks for the information! I personally do not use streaming services. I don't watch movies online either. Only offline! And if I wanted to watch movies using tubitv, I would have to connect via VPN. This service is in my area (Germany) blocked. I could do that, but I prefer watching movies in my native language i.e. in German. :)

Agreed 100% I LOVE my old DVD collection and VCR over streaming services that are collecting every bit of data to try to track your every move across the web. Free VPN services scare me. Makes me laugh when I see a commercial and they think they know me ... they are so far off. Ha, guess I'm doing something right ;)

Honestly, if they are trying to figure me out, its pretty clear I'm 1 bolt short of a complete nut case....

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

One might also consider the fact many of the free offerings might be geo-blocked (e.g. YouTube Movies do offer free movies, but mainly in the US...); and using a VPN isn't much help, especially if you need your Google Account/credit card to sign-in (because Google demand you associate it with your mobile phone number, IIANM...).

I was under the impression "Free" G-Movies required you to "rent" one first with a sanctioned credit card, except for the fact the charge would be USD0.00 in that case... :dubbio:
Another concern of mine is that most "movie" providing services listed in "yidio" (e.g AppleTV, Amazon Prime, Google Play Store, Paramount+, Hulu, Showtime, etc. ) ALL employ DRM (WidevineCDM), even for "free" content; Widevine isn't compatible with XP/Vista (thanks, Google :realmad: ) ...

BOTH only available in the US... :angry:

The real question remains unanswered: Why does currently the desktop version of "yidio" NOT display in UXP-based browsers? :dubbio:

Yeah, even Mypal 68 wouldn't load without all those errors (in the picture I attached a page prior). What is odd is its not the browser because I tried FF 102 on Android and it loaded fine so sites are not happy with Windows?!?!

YT is just awful now no matter the spoof. although a "tad" better spoofing win32 at least on my systems.

Edited by XPerceniol

10 hours ago, VistaLover said:

BOTH only available in the US... :angry:

https://pluto.tv/ is not restricted in my area i.e. it works and in German, too either. The desktop version works in Mypal 68 with spoofing the user agent. UXP-based browsers, I didn't try yet.

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

7 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

https://pluto.tv/ is not restricted in my area i.e. it works and in German either

I'm treading on OT ground right now, but yes, you're right:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto_TV

On December 4, 2018, Pluto TV launched a regional service in Germany and Austria, also through a separate collaborative agreement with Sky, with the app's content made available initially via the Sky TV stick; the German/Austrian service initially incorporated a slate of 15 streaming channels (composed of both Pluto-exclusive services with German and English language content as well as channels compiled by third-party content providers)

Sadly, not available in my parts...

OT2: If you're using an online translating service for posting, do note that "either" in your posts is often out of context, you'd probably need "too" in its place:
"it works and in German either" => "it works in Germany, too" (or: "it also works in Germany"); please, I'm not in any way criticising your English :) (it isn't my mother tongue either, I'm also prone to errors, spelling or otherwise), just a friendly hint... ;)

Best greetings :)

10 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Agreed 100% I LOVE my old DVD collection and VCR over streaming services that are collecting every bit of data to try to track your every move across the web. Free VPN services scare me. Makes me laugh when I see a commercial and they think they know me ... they are so far off. Ha, guess I'm doing something right ;)

Although I am in many ways old school oldschool.gif, I watch movies using my USB stick or mobile hard disk, connected to a WD player, at my TV flat screen. So, I am both, a bit old school and a bit modern. In the last years, I used DVD and VHS rather rarely. jexplique.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

OT2: If you're using an online translating service for posting, do note that "either" in your posts is often out of context, you'd probably need "too" in its place:
"it works and in German either" => "it works in Germany, too" (or: "it also works in Germany"); please, I'm not in any way criticising your English :) (it isn't my mother tongue either, I'm also prone to errors, spelling or otherwise), just a friendly hint... ;)

Thanks for your hints! I do not use Google translator in general, only if I want to have a second opinion. Most of my posts are written by myself. Google translator doesn't work properly, most translations are crap.

29 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

"it works and in German either" => "it works in Germany, too"

I didn't want to say "it works in Germany, too", what I meant was the movies can be watched even in my native language German either. Is that right? Or do I really have a problem with the word "either"?

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Is that right? Or do I really have a problem with the word "either"?

No, am afraid it isn't right... "either" is always associated with a negation preceding it:

"The Euro European currency isn't used in the United Kingdom (they use the Pound Sterling there); it isn't used in Denmark, either (they use the Danish Krone).

What you should've written, probably, would be:

"It (Pluto) works in German (language/subs, etc.), too!"

@Dave-His a native en-GB speaker, so I'd like very much to hear his view on this... :P

Hate to say it ... its (plutotv) not that great at all .. maybe aliens on another planet find it exciting :w00t:

Too bad there is no blobfishtv down here on the ocean floor.

Maybe the mods will move all our postings to streaming services thread (or something) in respect to Roytam1, feel bad about it, actually.

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol

12 hours ago, VistaLover said:

No, am afraid it isn't right... "either" is always associated with a negation preceding it:

"The Euro European currency isn't used in the United Kingdom (they use the Pound Sterling there); it isn't used in Denmark, either (they use the Danish Krone).

What you should've written, probably, would be:

"It (Pluto) works in German (language/subs, etc.), too!"

@Dave-His a native en-GB speaker, so I'd like very much to hear his view on this... :P

Ok, I think I understand what you mean. The word "either"has to be used in the case of a negation preceding it. Thank you very much for clarifying! Obviously, I didn't use that word correctly. Mea culpa! And many thanks again! :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

1 minute ago, AstroSkipper said:

The word "either" has to be used in the case of a negation preceding it.

... and "too" (often in the end of the sentence, often in conjunction with an exclamation mark) in the case of an affirmation preceding it:

- I don't love you!
- I don't love you, either! :angry:

vs

- I love you!
- I love you, too! :wub: