Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

17 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

OK, I downloaded this one, and it looks pretty good so far!

However, is there a way to enable a menu bar?  I can't seem to find an option for it....

Speaking of options, I discovered some awkward grammar errors in some English phrases, screenshots of which follow, along with captions (this will take awhile):

1564766910_BossKey.png.45fbb18e7f4d1c38b0533ea4e5aa8dfe.png

What on earth is a Boss Key?

1743115734_EnsureinsteadofOK.png.fc7464281447aeda5789359c41b7087b.png

That's probably supposed to be something like "OK" or "Understood"

201616202_Avatar.png.5aa46ac7f4bad5491a5e127d954ca262.png

The Avatar seems to be Chinese?  Can I remove/change it, or must the browser be modified?

104659866_ClunkyEnglishpart1.thumb.png.e16a267452b6752f59df15d5c6647802.png

The phrasing of some of these is decidedly weird.  For example, ought "Not use system dpi" be "Use Custom DPI" instead?

647067191_ClunkyEnglishpart2.thumb.png.82dd4491527734fca1098f9adfc407b7.png

More of the same.  Obvious issues indicated by the red arrows, underlines and ovals.

264384863_ClunkyEnglishpart3.png.cf114081c2a309765385b6a88f6f5075.png

2143352978_MouseGesture.png.aff6ae2879ae852c03403c3170d137b9.png

And finally, this.  As far as I know, in this context, one doesn't generally use the singular "gesture", since there's usually more than one!

I feel like maybe I'm being very OCD, and I don't mean to be a pest, but these stood out as things that ought to be reported so the maker of the package can fix it.

c

4 hours ago, cc333 said:

However, is there a way to enable a menu bar?  I can't seem to find an option for it....

What on earth is a Boss Key?

The Avatar seems to be Chinese?  Can I remove/change it, or must the browser be modified?

None of the 360Chrome versions have a menu bar that I am aware of - ALTHOUGH several of the .xml files DO contain the words Menu Bar, so maybe there is some skin setting, I'll attempt to dig up in free time.

Never used a Boss Key, but if I understand it correctly, it's just a keyboard shortcut that minimizes the browser so that when you are stealing company time and browsing at work, you can hide the browser by hitting the keyboard shortcut when the boss walks by.

The Avatar is easy to change, I prefer not to use it at all so I didn't bother changing it thus far.

15 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I also kind of disagree with YouTube &/or Netflix being "the" guage to determine which version is "optimum".

Google Voice is more important to me than either of those two web sites.

But I also can understand why other users will think the exact opposite.

I Netflix daily - but from the 50" TV in the Living Room or the 42" TV in the Bedroom, never from the 21" computer screen.

Interesting. For my PC I use a 40'

I went the route of a 42" for the PC for a while but then moved it to the Bedroom.

Then opted for FIVE 21" widescreen monitors for the PC with keyboard shortcuts to "send" Windows to different screens.

A 3D model of my Living Room / Office  --

spacer.png

Edited by ArcticFoxie

7 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

I just updated the v9. I think this is the final one. The reason for the re-upload was that in the adfilter exception list there were Chinese URLs. I removed those entries through the "chrome.dll" file.

It works very well, vanilla, and with the flags and extensions below. I will keep it for my browsing in heavy scripted pages, which tend to hang firefox derived builds. As I said before, I kept the folder structure in ArticFoxie's experiments (chrome ---> application ---> chrome (where i place the contents of your chrome-bin), and am able to use the 360loader.exe, whose ini I modified to include the parameters suggested by Nihira (besides the ones ArticFoxie had already put in): --no-referrers --ssl-version-min=tls1.2 -cipher-suite-blacklist=0x002F,0x0035,0x000A,0x009C,0x009D

I am still playing with 2206-2250. The only remaining issue (among the apps I use) is youtube, that crashes constantly. I will report back.  I haven't tried discord in XP, and would like to see if it works.

As per flash, the are many movie and games places that rely on it, unfortunately. The pp and np flash folders in 2206-2250 components provided by ArticFoxie do the trick. I would prefer ruffle, but it requires work, will report back. As per DRM... I do not see a way to solve the issue if it depends on widevine, but am open to try things.  Cheers!

Chrome://Flags
Extension Content Verification - Enforce Strict
[WebRTC remote-bound event logging - Disabled]
[Enable AppContainer Lockdown - Enabled]
Framebusting requires same-origin or a user gesture - Enabled

EXTENSIONS
Behind The Overlay
Enhancer for YouTube™
Open With
Sexy Undo Close Tab
Social Fixer for Facebook
Zoom Scheduler

Allow Right-Click

Clear history, Cache & Cookies for Chrome
[Cookie Autodelete (2206-2250) OR Vanilla Cookie Manager (9.5)]
Decentraleyes
HTTPS Everywhere
Scriptsafe
Ublock Origin
Umatrix

Edited by dmiranda

11 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I went the route of a 42" for the PC for a while but then moved it to the Bedroom.

Then opted for FIVE 21" widescreen monitors for the PC with keyboard shortcuts to "send" Windows to different screens.

A 3D model of my Living Room / Office  --

spacer.png

Nice set up.

One final post for this week: on a clean 2006 chrome (all previous data-cookies and s*** deleted) it SOMETIMES runs with no problem. If you open it again with traces of it in the profile, it crashes mercilessly. I wonder why.

Edited by dmiranda

44 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

One final post for this week: on a clean 2006 chrome (all previous data-cookies and s*** deleted) it SOMETIMES runs with no problem. If you open it again with traces of it in the profile, it crashes mercilessly. I wonder why.

Unable to replicate.

What "traces of it in the profile" specifically?

1 hour ago, dmiranda said:

As per flash, the are many movie and games places that rely on it, unfortunately. The pp and np flash folders in 2206-2250 components provided by ArticFoxie do the trick.

I was wrong about the pp flash and npflash components. They do not do the trick. After taking out --js-flags=--noexpose_wasm from he 360loader.ini, the new version of ruffle (07-02)starts to work, but not quite yet.

--js-flags=--noexpose_wasm

On 7/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Is your YouTube test before or after you install any extensions?

I didn't install any extensions and didn't change any settings when I did the YouTube test with your 13.0.2250.0 modified version.

I did the same YouTube test for 15 minutes with your 13.0.2206.0 modified version and there were no crashes, so I guess for YouTube 2206 seems a bit more stable than 2250 for now. I think the current RAM usage also plays a role in this but I could be wrong because I have't tested it much. 

360 Extreme Explorer versions 12 and 13 work OK on Win XP Pro x86 SP2, but for some reason version 9 (including @Humming Owl's 9.5.0.138 modified version) doesn't work on Win XP Pro x86 SP2, it shows this when I start it:
1.png.406eae8d31fcd1c07550d6cea21158ac.png
It shows the same with the default unmodified 9.5.0.138 version.
Works OK in SP3 though.

Is it possible to make version 9 work on Win XP Pro x86 SP2?

Edited by we3fan

50 minutes ago, we3fan said:

I did the same YouTube test for 15 minutes with your 13.0.2206.0 modified version and there were no crashes, so I guess for YouTube 2206 seems a bit more stable than 2250 for now.

Thanks, that's what I tend to see here also.

I'm going to stick with Build 2206 for all of my rebuilds (I may revisit Build 1006 in the future).

I plan to have some more grammatical errors fixed and a new upload later today.

2 hours ago, dmiranda said:

All options enabled in "Clean All - History & Cache Cleaner" extension. Some times it works.

Crashes happen both vanilla and with extensions. Using the extension above sometimes stops the crashing, for a while. But i realized that running the bleachbit script I posted before, and reattached here again, seems to be more (but not always) effective. There is something that is written in the files erased by said script that makes youtube crash.  The script is an adaptation of the chromium community addon to bleachbit 2.2, in yourpathtobleachbit\share\cleaners\  (check https://github.com/bleachbit/cleanerml/tree/master/pending and whereabouts).

And it is something related to the youtube mainpage. Playing youtube with, for instance, last.fm does not result in crashes.

360chrome.xml

Edited by dmiranda

Another last post, he. It may be a residual cookie. I installed the extension "Vanilla Cookie Manager", which has the option to  "Clear unwanted cookies on startup", and have had a run of running youtube, closing chrome, reopening, playing youtube, closing and so on without a crash (which would happen after two or three rounds, otherwise). Of course, this means logging in (if needed) to every service, but I do not plan to login much into more than a few sites,and clean session automatically on close, anyway.

All this with 2206. Humming Owl's 9.5 has no issues.

Edited by dmiranda