Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

9 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I would delete the Build 1006 version (for now at least), you only need to delete the files.

It was for curiosity/testing since Build 2250 was crashing for a few of us.

I've reverted to Build 2206 and I have it available from the below links (if we find that Build 2206 crashes for a few of us then I'll revisit Build 1006) --

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk7fkatsa27l7mz/360_extreme_explorer_13.0.2206.0.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/277hb9m3n09dnvy0vgn3h/13.0.2206.0.xls?dl=0&rlkey=tcjlaugbf76xzssd04uxdh1b4

Do note that version 9.5 is expected to be slightly faster than version 13, but I wouldn't expect too much of a difference on an HP EliteBook 8540p.

I may do an actual BENCHMARK test between the two (as opposed to "gut feelings"), but I'm in no hurry for that.

My biggest thing is that v13 CAN DO stuff that v9.5 simply can NOT DO, so it's a balancing act, are those CAN DO'S worth the SLIGHT (if even noticeable!) speed difference?

To me they are because I don't own a phone and require v13 to use as a phone.

But in the ever-evolving internet, it won't be long before v9.5 simply cannot do half of what it used to be able to do.

Web sites are constantly changing and using "new code" that older browsers can't decypher/execute/render.

Unfortunately 2206 is pretty unusable for me. Youtube.com crashes immediately and it slows down the system very much. Win XP lags opening a folder! Build 1006 is the best one yet.

In any case, I really appreciate your efforts:rolleyes:!

5 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Does Netflix work in OTHER BROWSERS in XP?

With silverlight, it works in firefox52, in serpent 52, and at least until a couple of months in palemon 27 (i dropped it once roytam1 solved an issue with zotero in serpent 52). And as I said, it ran today for a while in 2250 as well, but no more.

Ok. 2206 and 2250 in my setup work well vanilla. With addons, depending on the addons, they crash often, but mostly with youtube. In both cases I was able to come up with addon/settings combinations that work in my system, without youtube crashing, and with most top-heavy scripted pages (FB, gmail, etc) loading with no issues. But again, it is hit and miss, depending on the characteristics of different setups. The main issues is, again, youtube.

I gave Humming Owl's 9.5 version another try, and it runs well and stable. Nether his version, nor 2206 and 2250 by ArticFoxie are DRM enabled. I do swear I watched part of a couple of Netflix movies in 2250 in the first run, though, although I can't replicate now. I must have been dreaming.

Now, if the directory structure in Humming Owl's 9.5 is adapted to replicate the one provided by ArticFoxie, it is possible to run the 360Loader ArticFozie provided, with (I think) the settings given in his 360Loader.ini.  With a vanilla default profile (at least) it is possible to simply change the content of chrome/application, shifting versions with no problem (at least in the limited testing I have done). 

I am now testing whether or not the registry settings in 360Loader.ini are really needed. It seems to me that they are unnecessary. 360Chrome writes the entries alone, with "wrong" data (bad language definitions and other settings, such as fixed default search engine, etc), so ArticFoxie's reg files in 360Loader.ini are necessary.

PS: no need to apologize, ArticFoxie. Thanks for your efforts, and the same to Humming Owl.

Edited by dmiranda

Hello!

I finally finished with the modifications I made for the original v9 version. I was incorporating almost all of the rules of @ArcticFoxie from the translation and grammatical issues. Thanks for all those steps man.

I will post all the modifications I made in a pastebin. I am still trying to organize them. The modifications for the prevention of Chinese connections were updated.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ie269yna5qb37w/360EE_9.5.0.138_Modified.7z/file   (newer one ahead)

Also if you want to run Flash Player you can use this extension: https://ruffle.rs/    (does not work, at least with v9)

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

The most-recent Build 2206 that was labeled as (unran) has more corrections than the Build 2250.

I'll likely redo the Build 2250 in the next few days or so but going through all of those changes takes a long time.

The skin subdirectory with the browser_strings.xml file in particular takes a long time.

When I redid Build 2206, I opted to Capitalze Every Menu Word like most modern browsers tend to do (unless it is a word like is, in, with, or, an, and).

For those using bleachbit 2.2.0.0, here goes a cus360chrome.xmltom xml addon to delete rubbish left over from browsing in 360-chrome. It should be placed in yourpathtobleachbit\share\cleaners\ modifying the made up path C:\Internet\Browse\Chrome\ in lines 32, 38, 179, 180, 181 to the path where your user data folder is.

17 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you install the extension from the zip provided by ruffle?

- Go to chrome://extensions

- Turn on Developer mode

- Drag and drop the downloaded ZIP file into the page.

You can test if it works in this page:

http://www.ultrasounds.com/

Tell me if it works. 

Cheers.

Edit: You have to unpack yourself the extension and then press the "Load unpacked extension..." button and select the folder you unpacked from the ZIP file.

Edited by Humming Owl