Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

3 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

The Web Data file that my rebuild starts off with should have the Russian Google removed.

Unless I did that since my last upload, I do not recall.

Everything that I wrote before is in the chrome.dll.

Those are the "fallback" search engines that are only used if your default is unavailable.

You can OPT-OUT of the "fallback" search engine by UNCHECKING the option for it in Settings - Basic -> Search section -->> second entry with the drop-down to the right.

If you opt-in versus opt-out, then I suggest revisiting Settings - Basic.

Other than that, it is never used as long as you don't CHECK that checkbox.

3 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Everything that I wrote before is in the chrome.dll.

I am aware.

But they are overridden by various settings.

Code that exists in chrome.dll but NEVER USED based on SMART SETTINGS don't bother me.

If a user wishes to OPT-IN on those settings, I see that as "user preference".

9 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Sites to be changed/disabled , just a suggestion , in chrome.dll , https://skin.chrome. 

I see that as "opt in" also.

My skin disables the icon to go to that skin site, you have to jump through your own hoops if you don't want to use the XP skin I provided - as I'm sure you noticed since you don't like the XP skin.

I see that as "opt in" also.

OK , that was just a suggestion , whatever you desire . I can change it myself later . I prefer to hardmod the .dll because I like to delete the profile data quite often. 

ps - I plan on doing a rebuild for beta 1006 at some point in time, but for now I'm focusing on build 2206 [my initial run on 1006 had a TON of telemetry connections and it checks for an updated file (icudtl.dat ?) on every run]...  1006 will require a larger set of HOSTS file entries but I would prefer no telemetry connections out-of-the-box, without users needing to modify their HOSTS file...

Perhaps it would be a good idea to ditch 1006 and try 1106 then ?

... since you don't like the XP skin.

No , I've never said that "I do not like" , I said it is too bright and colourful for my big monitor. I just prefer dimm lights and colours , esp. if I sit at the monitor for quite some time (prolonged periods). Also , I said you're a good modder. (a compliment , actually ! ) , English is you first language , right ? lol

I haven't looked at 1106 yet, that may be an option once I revisit 1006/1106.

There's several "opt-in" 'features' that I chose not to "break" in case some people actually want them (their choice).

The search engine fall-back is one, the use a prediction service is another, the protect you and your devices is another, the smart prereading is another, the web service for navigation errors is another, the "do not track" scam is another, the automatic translation is another.

I didn't jump through any hoops to remove all of them from chrome.dll, the end-user can still "opt-in" if that is their preference.

The built-in Adfilter is yet another - no way would I trust it but if users want to "opt-in", they still can.

Well..

I've never used 360 until today - I'm quite impressed @ArcticFoxie @Dixel and others I'm sure I'm neglecting to mention here that also contributed. I must say, I have avoided this browser as it seemed intimidating to me ... seeing as I'm a clueless blobfish when it comes to Chromium and worry about telemetry, but I trust you both have done a lot to remove what is humanly possible.

Below is how I felt about trying this browser.

spacer.png

Ya never know, that could actually be me =P

Anyway, but on track!

Loaded quickly (actually much faster and responsive compare to even PM/FF that I'm used to) and youtube was enjoyable. No issues at all or crashes, but I also don't do much.

Sorry, I really would like to somehow help you guys with this, but I have zero knowledge regarding this.

Just wanted to say, I'm excited that I gave this a shot and I think this is a much more realistic future than what are currently dealing with; as far as browser. I was putting it off but went with your last upload (unran).

Great Job and keep up the good work :) 

@XPerceniol , thank you for the kind words ! There was an article (I think called "how to force internet suck less" or smth like that) , it had a ton of gurgle/yackoo IPs which are safe to block {they are useless for us} and will not interfere with casual browsing , but it got deleted ! These were the IPs for tracking , the same IPs that every chrome connects to at the start , including 360chrome , the same IPs that chromium browsers use for key logging. 

There's several "opt-in" 'features' that I chose not to "break" in case some people actually want them (their choice). The search engine ...

Yeah , right , though I do not think any users from the States / Europe would wanna revert back the chinese settings/engines. We are not modding this for anyone , except us (an extremely limited group of members from the West) in the end.

Settings - Advanced

Page utility  -->  Page Utility  ==  file 6151

Show tip on the video.  -->  Show tips on videos  ==  file 6150

Cache Location:  -->  Cache location:  ==  file 6068

Change the cache location, will empty the cache and relaunch 360Chrome.  -->  Changing cache location will empty the cache and relaunch 360Chrome  ==  file 6070

PS: Don't put the directory in USB Disk or Portable Device.  -->  PS - don't put the directory on a USB disk or portable device  ==  file 6071

Disable automatic translation will improving the page loading speed. You can still use the Right-Click Menu "translated to".  -->  Disable automatic translation for improved page load speed  ==  file 6077

Manage certificates…  -->  Manage certificates  ==  file 8939

Site trusted or blocked  -->  Trusted or blocked sites  ==  file 6230

Header of Site Trusted Or Blocked  -->  Trusted or blocked sites  ==  file 6231

(Only from the popup window)  -->   (only for pop-ups)  ==  file 6232 [note: space before opening parenthesis]

Background apps  -->  Background Apps  ==  file 6194