The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

13 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Man, I feel very negative right now. Impossible for me to get positivity during these hard times. As I said before, nothing entertains me. Can't even go outside because of the stupid bad weather.

No, not. Why negative, not positive, not entertaining these bad times to you?..

So to be able to go out in bad weather (very entertaining, I assure you!..) - we dress according to the weather, that's all. Better shoes, a warmer parka, extra underwear... and don't forget the headgear... and don't cry when the weather is bad, but be happy that there is something new! 

12 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I actually slept most of the morning and only came out of my room for little bits for lunch and now supper.

If you sleep all the morning, when you have time to live... afternoon only... Too little, too bad for you. You shorten your life voluntarily, why?

11 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

what to do other than keep it bottled up inside.

I don't think msfntor likes me anymore and I feel bad that I've disappointed so many people without meaning to. I upset people without realizing it sometimes which is why I keep to myself and have zero friends.

It's not true, I know how to distinguish between people and their thoughts (or actions) of the moment... don't make any mistakes and everything would be fine. Given your age, you should not be influenced by unscrupulous people who do not want your good, but act according to their agenda... I wish you that. It's up to you to find the best sources. We all try to be as informed as possible...

11 hours ago, mina7601 said:

and I feel bad that I've disappointed so many people without meaning to. I upset people without realizing it sometimes which is why I keep to myself and have zero friends.

Good, you guessed my thinking, which is this, exactly.

Mina: come out of your hole and be open to the world, it's time.

12 hours ago, mina7601 said:

and I feel bad that I've disappointed so many people without meaning to. I upset people without realizing it sometimes which is why I keep to myself and have zero friends.

Good, you guessed my thinking, which is this, exactly.

Mina (and XPerceniol): Nothing is lost. EVERYTHING is ahead of you.

22 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Impossible for me to get positivity during these hard times.

Something in your immediate environment or the world in general or both?

22 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

The 1st, 4th and 5th on the list I can not have but will work on number 3.

The 1st could come down crashing at any time, so...but that article...what does it mean nothing would change if one won the lottery?? Well, that was one example of a bigger event. For me at least, I can imagine it would certainly give some space to breathe, could move away, build a house done right the first time...throw some current anxieties out the window...maybe figure out some new interests. Though it could bring new anxieties and some people crash harder than they ever did before in the end.

It's the sad fact that money corrupts, but without it, you're pretty much screwed.

Getting used to being worse-off? Ugh, I'd rather not, but it's all random, a Russian roulette, no pattern, just life throwing rocks at you.

21 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I can only put a checkmark on the 3rd as my father has passed away, and mom, well ... I'll just say nothing.

My father passed away as well. He was a workaholic and distant. It was weird, we were like two people that just happened to live under the same roof. There was also drama due to the way he functioned, rather anti-family. I kept myself out of it, which thinking about it now, was a bit frustrating to the rest of the family: "Why he never says anything?"

I guess things were a bit better in my childhood, but, it was strange, he was a backbone of the family, but lacked that personal side of a "real" father. It was difficult for me to even talk to him. There was never a deep conversation between us, not once.

I'm close to my mother and my brother's the funny guy of the family.

There's no one outside the family though, hence I concluded 3rd point as lacking. There was one person I kept in touch with for over a decade, but it seems he has decided he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore.

How are you doing @UCyborg?

Seems to be an ordinary weekend, I've caught up a bit on the sleep, went for a walk, drove to the library (not for me, though, at least not for the books, just to go out), going to watch some quiz on TV and then, I dunno...probably waste some time on computer, listen to some same old tunes, scroll on Reddit...

I'm thinking I should replace Linux distro I have on the laptop, it's an old Ubuntu version, forgot which one, must be 7 years old by now. Maybe tomorrow if don't procrastinate again. I'm thinking of Debian, supposedly one the last big distros available in x86 flavor. I haven't dribbled much with Debian before, might be interesting.

Edited by UCyborg
Changed some wording to relay better/more accurately what I was trying to say.

6 hours ago, msfntor said:

If you sleep all the morning, when you have time to live... afternoon only... Too little, too bad for you. You shorten your life voluntarily, why?

Thank you and I do miss you and our posting together. I'll try to stop hiding away and wasting time sleeping life away. I actually did come out of my room but I insisted on science fiction instead of the dreadful news on the big TV. 

18 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Same case here, my friend.

We'll get there and I KNOW you will dig yourself out of thie hole. Me, I think its too late and I'm too far gone and too old to change from being ultra loner city. I'm a sqaure peg.

Edited by XPerceniol

4 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

We'll get there and I KNOW you will dig yourself out of thie hole. Me, I think its too late and I'm too far gone and too old to change from being ultra loner city. I'm a sqaure peg.

I don't hate myself though, there are things I wish I could change some things but overall nothing. 

6 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Seems to be an ordinary weekend, I've caught up a bit on the sleep, went for a walk, drove to the library (not for me, though, at least not for the books, just to go out), going to watch some quiz on TV and then, I dunno...probably waste some time on computer, listen to some same old tunes, scroll on Reddit...

..................:cheerleader:

Yeees!!!

@mina7601
Should've figured...

On 2/10/2023 at 11:36 AM, msfntor said:

Never seen this PSY video, it's horrible to my taste, not my taste definitely.

I think it wasn't meant to be taken as seriously. I'll take some silly and ridiculous over vileness and hostility that has been appearing throughout the world and history.

21 hours ago, mina7601 said:

I think the same as well, but for @AstroSkipper, as he used to talk to me a lot at the beginning of the last year, until September last year.

This person I mentioned, we used to chat every day. Now it's just history. Was about your age then.

Continuing...

I don't think msfntor likes me anymore and I feel bad that I've disappointed so many people without meaning to. I upset people without realizing it sometimes which is why I keep to myself and have zero friends.

...this was one of a kind thing that happened once and it seems it won't happen again. Personal interactions with others...is a mystery to me...how you start it, what you say, how to keep it going...I mean it happened ONCE that I seem to have got it right...but that was then, the combination of circumstances that just happened to work I guess...these days I doubt my understanding of definition of "friendship".

Just a thought about these online-only interactions...I think they work for exchanging ideas and such, but at least to me, this artificial layer between us just doesn't feel right, even though some say they have online friends.

I'm the last guy to ask for advice on these matters, but on feeling bad about disappointing others and such, if it's any consolation, some of us out there may have bizarre mental brakes (or anxieties, if you will) and may not know how to respond in certain cases.

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Both.

Maybe when you graduate and head to college you will have better luck finding like-minded people. High school is tough unless you are a carbon copy of each other because everyone is trying to "fit in" and I was (and always will be) a misfit. Welcome to the misfit city central.