The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

51 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I know, my reply was meant as an opinion. Personally, I liked year 2017 and below.

Sometimes I also do that, I accidentally give my (jaded) opinion or validation when nobody needs another personal to validate how they feel. I guess, sometimes I just don't want to like or react when people are hurting in some way. I guess we all are improvising. I know all my life I was pretending and faking it, but never made it. Sorry, just I feel so sad and blue. Honestly, good thing I don't drink, because in this state of mind I wouldn't be able to stop this time. 

See you next year. Wishing everyone well.

and the month long celebration has begun! celebrating 3 years of being on the forum and what a great 3 years it's been so far! (and thanks to all my friends on here for getting me this far!) 

Edited by legacyfan

I'll just say may the new year be less crappy than the previous one!

8 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I know all my life I was pretending and faking it, but never made it.

I was also told at some point "Fake it 'till you make it.". Sounds cringe at this point, doesn't it?

8 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Sorry, just I feel so sad and blue. Honestly, good thing I don't drink, because in this state of mind I wouldn't be able to stop this time.

Sorry for the sadness. At such times, I try to remind myself that this too shall pass.

I've been sober all my life, can you imagine?

10 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

good thing I don't drink

me too

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

I've been sober all my life, can you imagine?

me too never too drunk... I didn't drink too much.... in my younger years I warmed, mulled wine with spices sometimes...

4 hours ago, msfntor said:

me too

me too never too drunk... I didn't drink too much.... in my younger years I warmed, mulled wine with spices sometimes...

I did quite enjoy chardonnay, but never stopped at just a buzz. I'm 6 full years clean and sober. Don't worry, you're not missing much @UCyborg your GABA receptors will thank you :yes:

ethanol is bad for the body

Edited by XPerceniol

The continuation of posts about Cosmos/Astronomy from page 97 here :

NASA's Stunning Discoveries on Jupiter's Largest Moons | Our Solar System's Moons

by Astrum - 2.5M views

A deep dive into the four Galilean moons of Jupiter: Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto.

"Excellent video! Chapters would have been a nice addition: 0:00 Introduction 1:07 Io 13:01 Europa 24:18 Ganymede 34:05 Callisto."

The Bizarre Characteristics of Titan | Our Solar System's Moons: Titan

by Astrum - 1,317,788 views

"Dude your video's, level of detail, content, your narrating and everything are just absolutely insane. Amazing work man. You put large scale production shows to shame. I would rather watch your content anytime compared to any of the big production companies. Keep it up."

NASA Discovers Mysterious Structure In Solar System!

by Destiny - 1,430,178 views

It seems that the solar system has been studied inside and out. Our spaceships have visited all of its planets and even managed to take their pictures. But today, we will show you our solar system in a completely new light. You'll discover secrets that haven't been revealed yet, hear eerie sounds coming from the solar system, see strange objects that frighten and amaze scientists, and even look inside the solar system's bodies! But let's start from the very beginning - the birth of the sun and the planets orbiting it!

"One of the best videos I have watched! I love it!"

"This is absolutely the best, most interesting, and in-depth space related video I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching! Thanx for putting all this information together for us..."

Edited by msfntor

Space Documentaries by Destiny - Best videos 2022

Something Strange Is Happening To The Solar System - Best Videos 2022

by Destiny - 99,587 views Dec 24, 2022

It would seem that the Solar System has been studied by mankind, if not completely, then in full detail. The planets have all been identified for a long time, rovers have been traveling on Mars for a while, comets and asteroids have been almost counted by name, and even the soil from one of them was taken and delivered to Earth for research. But this is where the scientists were dumbfounded. It turns out that our entire solar system, including the far, far away Oort cloud located at a distance of a light year from the Sun, is immersed in a giant bubble! Its diameter is 1000 light years. And what is remarkable, our Sun is practically in the center of this bubble! Are we really living in a huge bubble?! And how does our solar system actually work?

"I watched this entire video over the past week and that last bit made me realize... even if you could live forever it would be a sad and terrible existence when everybody else is gone for good. And I think death is actually a good thing. After a long and love filled life, loving your friends and family and the beautiful of our existence. When we all have to be gone from earth, can we live in space without being depressed? Without missing our Sun? Or Earth... the wind... the oceans and trees. Life is fleeting and this is a beautiful gift we all share right now."

Scientists Are Worried! Something Wrong Is Happening On Jupiter Right Now

by Destiny - 1,346,772 views Oct 15, 2022

Scientists don’t only study planets, but also their weather. And on one of the planets in the solar system, there are storms 1.3 times the diameter of Earth, and raging with a force that is hard to imagine. What's going on with Jupiter, and why is it so important that everything is okay with the gas giant?

"I always imagine that - when we die, we will become this "free spirit" noclip mode that can just roam around the universe in whatever speed that you want. So that you can explorer every wonders of the universe."

It Might Happen For the First Time in 100 000 000 Years!

by Destiny - 158,426 views Nov 26, 2022

Huge tsunamis tear down coastal cities and flood entire countries. Millions of refugees rush to the land that remains untouched. There’s not enough food and fresh water for everyone. Mass starvation and wars begin. Some scientists say this is what will happen to our planet in the near future. But what will be the cause? A huge asteroid impact? A supervolcano eruption? No… just this microscopic green plant, snow algae. Scientists have created the first large-scale map of their distribution across Antarctica. Researchers found that from 2009 to 2019, vegetation cover in Antarctica increased more than in the last 50 years altogether. Soon the white continent will turn green and then disaster will break out around the world. Although... Antarctica has already been covered in dense forests at least twice in Earth's history. What was happening on the planet back then? Why do scientists think that ancient Antarctica was covered with trees? And why would the transformation of an icy continent mean the total collapse of our world?

"If this was two hours long it would have been perfect!" - yeah, 13:50 only... 

Edited by msfntor

AS A FORMER FIGHTER PILOT WHO ENCOUNTERED UAP, WE NEED SCIENCE—NOT STIGMAS AND CONSPIRACIES—TO SOLVE THIS MYSTERY

RYAN GRAVES·

·DECEMBER 31, 2022

Ryan Graves is a former Navy fighter pilot and Chair of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) UAP Integration & Outreach Committee (UAPIOC). The following commentary is in response to a series of recent Op-Eds published in the Wall Street Journal by columnist Holman Jenkins, who named Ryan directly in his November critique. The author’s opinions expressed here are his own and do not necessarily reflect those of The Debrief. 

A MAJOR BARRIER to our understanding of Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) is not just government secrecy: it’s stigma.

Conspiracy theories like those perpetuated by Holman Jenkins in his recent Wall Street Journal columns, under titles like “UFO ‘Mystery’ Shouldn’t Drag On,” “The UFO Bubble Goes Pop,” and, most recently (and perhaps his most unhinged), “The UFO Crowd Wants an Alien Invasion for Christmas,” only help breed the stigma that hinders the very kind of scientific approaches he agrees are needed to resolve the UAP mystery.

Jenkins offers the idea that maybe a secret military laser program is being tested on active-duty pilots in midflight, deceiving them—and their infrared and radar sensors—into observing UAP by “creating plasma bubbles in the air.” Jenkins also says the DoD “may know exactly what they are” when the Department’s own UAP report to Congress says they do not. He has even gone so far as to say that recent momentum on this issue is due to “intelligence officials who think their job includes promoting false and tendentious information to the American public for their own purposes,” without offering any idea as to what those purposes might be, then accuses advocates of believing that “aliens are a Jesus stand-in.”

This kind of cynical speculation gives rise to the stigma that has long surrounded UAP. Not only does it have a chilling effect on military and commercial pilots coming forward, but it also discourages scientists from pursuing funding to study these phenomena....

MORE: https://thedebrief.org/as-a-former-fighter-pilot-who-encountered-uap-we-need-science-not-stigmas-and-conspiracies-to-solve-this-mystery/

Saturn has 7 layers of rings

645002791-H.jpg

Saturn has 7 layers of rings.

Galileo first saw the rings in 1610 through a telescope.

Some of the Saturn rings are about 242,000 miles in diameter and some are really small at only a couple of hundred meters thick.

Sometimes, the rings of Saturn gradually disappear because of the tilt of Saturn till they become invisible from Earth. Every 14 years, the rings look like they’ve just gone.

Saturn:

Saturn is the 2nd largest planet in our solar system after Jupiter and 9 times wider than Earth.

Saturn is a gas planet. It is one of the four planets that are called ‘Jovian Planets’ because they are made up of gas. Saturn’s core is rocky and may be covered in liquid gas, studies say.

Saturn’s rings are made up of millions of ice crystals, some very big and others as small as specks of dust.

Saturn is made up of hydrogen and helium which makes it incredibly light. So much so, that it would float in a bathtub; that is if you managed to find a big enough tub for it!

Saturn’s atmosphere is not always calm. There are storm winds travelling at 1,800 km/h present on the planet.

Saturn has a very strong magnetic field as compared to Earth. This means that it has a high level of radiation because it is known to trap particles that have high energy in its atmosphere.

Saturn has a total of 62 moons. Titan is Saturn’s largest moon and is also the second largest moon in the solar system after Jupiter’s moon Ganymede.

Saturn weighs 95 times more than Earth. That is one heavy planet!

Saturn is at a distance of 1,426,000 km from the Sun. The planet takes 29 ½ years to orbit around the Sun. This means that one year on Saturn is equal to 29 ½ Earth years.

Saturn is so big that you can fit 760 Earth-sized planets into it.

- from here: https://parenting.firstcry.com/articles/fascinating-saturn-facts-and-information-for-kids/