The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Well.. you know that old saying:

"Mockery Is The Sincerest Form Of Flattery" :lol:

So long as I laugh at myself first then the *joke* falls on the perpetrator. as I see it. ;)

Actually, nobody contacted me by PM rather in the Roytam1 thread and oddly enough he isn't even there anymore and there not much for me there as I don't have much to bring to the table, either. I'm just a silly old Blobfish. Ha!

I think the forum is not active and they are looking for new members but also my other XP forum is also quiet and this here is my home. It was actually @K4sum1 that said she wanted to contact me when my account vanished, I don't think I was banned just their forum was hacked or something, but I guess its not the same, but I doubt I'll be very active but thank you for the 'heads up' on the deal. 

Actually, I got a written invitation from him into my inbox, here at MSFN, so I assumed he went back to his "normal" spamming behaviour, right after he created his new fake account.

I'd make a screenshot, but it's forbidden to share private messages, in the meantime - the mods are very welcome to read and inspect my inbox.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Since you quoted me, I kindly ask you one thing: I don't want to interact with you, nor get quoted by you. Thank you.

But how do you even know that I replied to you, if you blocked me for the 187786987th time ? Weird. Perhaps @jaclaz could shed some light on this awkward situation ?

Try to block me again, maybe ? And don't forget to notify everyone again. 187786988th time is a charm ! Consult lagacyfan, also. He's an expert on blocking.

21 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I'm not Momiji ?

How is this relevant to what I am asking you?

9 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I'm talking about the forum eclipse.cx.

4 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

But how do you even know that I replied to you

There's an option to show a post from a member, even if the member is blocked.

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

1 - How is this relevant to what I am asking you?

2 - I'm talking about the forum eclipse.cx.

3 - There's an option to show a post from a member, even if the member is blocked.

1 - Opinions on Kasumi vs. Momiji may differ.

2 - Wrong spelling. You mean MSFN.org ? 

3 - You mean my posts are so tempting .... that you can't control yourself ?

https://www.thestreet.com/restaurants/taco-bell-just-knocked-off-a-mcdonalds-fan-favorite Taco Bell Menu Adds New Take on a Beloved McDonald's Item

The Mexican fast-food giant has some new menu items that McDonald's fans may find awfully familiar (even if it's not intentional).

Taco Bell has built its business, at least partially around the idea of not being McDonald's (MCD) - Get Free Report or any of the other fast-food burger chains. The Yum Brands (YUM) - Get Free Report chain even used the phrase "think outside the bun" as a tagline and it launched its breakfast offering by making fun of the Egg McMuffin and other Golden Arches classics.

The Mexican chain has not been above borrowing things from its burger chain rivals. Its Nacho Fries are, well, fries. Yes, they have a bit of a spin to make them fit the Taco Bell menu, but they're just french fries with some Mexican spices and nacho cheese dipping sauces.

Still, Taco Bell has resisted blatantly copying McDonald's. It doesn't offer a spin on a burger or its own variation of the Big Mac. Now, however, the fast food chain has been testing some new burritos and fans are questioning whether the items are actually what they're being marketed as.

Instead, some people have suggested that Taco Bell's new $2 Chicken Poblano Caesar Burrito seems a lot like a beloved McDonald's classic that many fans want the chain to bring back.

McDonald's Fans Miss the Snack Wrap

The McDonald's Snack Wrap was an attempt by the chain to add a menu item for people who were hungry but did not want a full meal. The line first apeared in 2006 and it was a pretty simple product -- a tortilla filled with a Chicken Select (a piece of fried chicken), lettuce, cheese, and ranch sauce.

Snack Wraps have been off the chain's U.S. menu since 2016 when franchisees pushed to get rid of them because they were complicated to make. It's not that it was actually hard to make them, but they required processes that slowed down the overall kitchen.

McDonald's has teased its fans multiple time recently hinting at a return for the Snack Wrap. In November, it made a Twitter joke about getting Taylor Swift tickets, "its easier to order snack wraps than it is to get these tickets." that seemed to tease a return. That followed an informal social media poll earlier last year where the chain simply 

Snack Wraps was one of the, if not the, most-requested items in that very popular Twitter vote. Now, it seems like Taco Bell has knocked off the Snack Wrap, even if it;s calling the new item a buritto.

Taco Bell Fans Clap Back 

Taco Bell customers have taken issue with the skimpy Chicken Poblano Caesar Burrito being called a buritto, Eat This, Not That reported.

"At what point does a burrito become a wrap?"."This is just a salad wrapped up in a tortilla."

"I don't know where the line is but this seems firmly in the wrap category,"

"I don't dislike Caesar salad wraps, I just think it's silly to call them burritos," said another.

The Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito, another $2 item Taco Bell has tested in select locations, has been directly called a take on a McDonald's Snack Wrap by some on social media.

[censored] the Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito is .Reminds me of the old McDonalds snack wraps," 

That comment touched off a long chain noting how similar the Taco Bell offering is while also clamoring for McDonald's to bring Snack Wraps back.

"I know this is a Taco Bell sub but man do I miss the crispy ranch snack wrap…," KaterWaiter wrote.

Another commenter noted not just similarity, but that McDonald's could easily bring the Snack Wrap back.

"It's even worse because mcdonalds overseas has them, we just don't deserve good things 

Edited by legacyfan
[censored] a word due to being inapropriate