Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

11 hours ago, legacyfan said:

windows 10 is definitely good but after awhile of using windows 11 it definitely is more usable then 10 (and way more stable) compaired to it even with the few annoying features in it its easy to configure to your needs

Ok with a statement like that....what do you base that on?

I base my findings on working with computers on a daily basis and Windows 11 has shown far more problems and still does than Windows 10...Yes...Windows 10 has had its problems - but Windows 11.....

bookie32

6 minutes ago, bookie32 said:

Ok with a statement like that....what do you base that on?

I base my findings on working with computers on a daily basis and Windows 11 has shown far more problems and still does than Windows 10...Yes...Windows 10 has had its problems - but Windows 11.....

bookie32

the only thing i like about 11 is how fast it runs (or at least it for me until slowed to nothingness) so I take back what I said about 11 (its still terrible) I'm back on windows xp again so the speed did not last very long

Edited by legacyfan

5 hours ago, legacyfan said:

the only thing i like about 11 is how fast it runs (or at least it for me until slowed to nothingness) so I take back what I said about 11 (its still terrible) I'm back on windows xp again so the speed did not last very long

You made my day:w00t:

Apparently, with Build 19045.2908, they added a new Search icon, which I find to be very ugly. It looks like they ported it straight from Windows 11, without adjusting it. You need to disable the large search box and only use the Icon to see it. Man, it's bigger than the Start Button itself..

• 3 months later...

is there any site to see stats about how many people really use Windows 10/11 Store/MetroUI in a PC or a laptop?  

Look at this:

ALL Metro-ified components of Windows ever since Windows 8.0.

https://winclassic.net/thread/1652/list-metro-ified-components-windows

This is the major mistake since SP3. This can't be a replacement of an Old Win32 or whatever OS classic component. Metro needs to be a separated component, moving and replacing system parts to a metro based application is a mistake.

Luckily you can get almost everything back with the help of winclassic forum, but a shell divided into classic and modern metro components it's not a user friendly interface.

Anyway, programmed obsolescence will disappear, and MS will be forced to create new updates for 9x and NT5, why? there is no reason to get rid of old hardware on this warmed planet that is already saturated with tons of trash.

you do not believe it? look what a (G)oldie OS means:

clicks-update-bsod-oh-dear-v0-zo4s8q5ukb

Please Bill, come back. Come back... it was all cool back in the day. Even the grey taskbar without themes. What happened?

tumblr_ovu6bbapRc1tigc1po4_400.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 2:58 PM, sonyu said:

Please Bill, come back. Come back... it was all cool back in the day. Even the grey taskbar without themes. What happened?

Bill has moved on. An excerpt from his AMA (https://www.windowscentral.com/bill-gates-things-we-learned-first-ama-reddit):

Question: Hi Bill, I am just wondering what your thoughts are on Windows 8. Do you think in general it has failed? I am not saying it has, but there are people saying it is not good, and I wanted to hear your thoughts on it.

Bill Gates: It is a huge advance for Windows which people will see even more as the great applications and hardware come out..

Question: Windows 7 or Windows 8? Be honest Bill.

Bill Gates: Higher is better.

That was over 10 years ago.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:58 PM, sonyu said:

Anyway, programmed obsolescence will disappear, and MS will be forced to create new updates for 9x and NT5, why? there is no reason to get rid of old hardware on this warmed planet that is already saturated with tons of trash.

Nah, they won't. Bill Gates' vision about security are more real now than they ever were in his wildest dreams back then.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-security-20-years-on-from-bill-gates-trustworthy-computing-memo-how-much-has-changed/

Windows 10 will go down the same path as Windows 7 - not enough security features.

My advice would be: if you need to stay on Windows 10 for hardware reasons, great; follow our security guidance from 11 and apply that to 10. Plan in your refresh cycles and security budgets to get the right hardware to get to 11 because, if you stay on 10 for too long, we will start to introduce things that are 11-specific – trust me, we have many on the way now – and we want as many customers as possible to get that value. It's very similar to the transition we went through from Windows 7 to 10: there's security goodness if you can get there.

Your old hardware's not good enough to support them.

Hurr durr durr!

• 1 month later...

I just noticed two changes in Windows 10 since the October Update (Release Preview Chanel)

-  Apps are now classified as System Apps if they cannot be uninstalled like Settings or Tips in the Start Menu (Ported from Windows 11?) 

- The Game Icon has changed in Settings (previously the XBox Logo - now a Joystick)

imgur.com/a/SNpw0um

honestly i wouldn't believe anything that comes out of our Billy
that guy is as huge liar as any politician is

as regarding to article, security is last thing he worries
guy who's company squashes on your privacy just like he takes a s*** daily

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 7:01 AM, yoltboy01 said:

I just noticed two changes in Windows 10 since the October Update (Release Preview Chanel)

-  Apps are now classified as System Apps if they cannot be uninstalled like Settings or Tips in the Start Menu (Ported from Windows 11?) 

- The Game Icon has changed in Settings (previously the XBox Logo - now a Joystick)

Since October, the cumulative update of 21H2 will install Edge and ignore DoNotUpdateToEdgeWithChromium. So I have to uninstall Edge after Patch Tuesday.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 7:15 AM, erpdude8 said:

That's good to know. It's still possible to get updates for Windows 7, at least until October of next year for those with embedded versions so my guess is Win 10 will have support for many years yet.   

On 11/17/2023 at 2:05 AM, halohalo said:

Since October, the cumulative update of 21H2 will install Edge and ignore DoNotUpdateToEdgeWithChromium. So I have to uninstall Edge after Patch Tuesday.

It seems that CU has nothing to do with installation of Microsoft Edge. When I tried to get game patch files which contain microsoftedgewebview2setup.exe, the installation files of Microsoft Edge were downloaded.