Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

You can be certain any systems running some version of XP are running on hardware purchased over a decade ago.

And the fact that the computers are old and running old OS gives you a clue about how much they invest on something new. No instead they hold onto what they have and resist upgrading until there is no other option. I'm aware of one company that has an active "bounty" on specific types of motherboards with VESA slots on them because they are stuck in that type of rut of continuing the use of the old tech because making things work with modern hardware is either prohibitively expensive or time consuming.

Just had contact with Medion computers who are a part of Lenovo...

My customer has been experiencing all sorts of problems with power button not working properly...computer not having the right drivers etc...

Because I am in Sweden when I search for Medion this link comes up...if I go down the page it has a "Looking for drivers, program software, manuals etc"...if I enter the MSN number for her computer 30030073 the response is...

Here you can find all downloads for your product

Drivers

Dear user,
Windows 10 makes it easy to find the latest software, firmware updates and new hardware drivers. It detects most devices automatically and installs the necessary drivers, software and firmware updates when you're connected to the Internet, this keeps your computer up to date. Therefore we do not offer driver updates for download at this point.

Detailed instructions on how to update the device drivers of your computer and how to check whether a device driver has been updated successfully can be found in a corresponding FAQ in the MEDION Community.

Manual

Handbuch MEDION AKOYA E1530x/E1540x Notebook Serie

Version: Deutsch

Download

Manual MEDION AKOYA E1530x/E1540x Notebook

Version: English

Download

Technische Angaben EU Verordnung 617/2013 System MEDION E15301
Guidelines EU Commission Regulation 617/2013
System MEDION E15301

Version:

Download

So there are manuals for the computer but at this time they don't have drivers... they rely on Microsoft to fix everything...go figure....

Last time I will even consider recommending their computers...Lenovo I haven't a problem with - but this is a joke....Microsoft fixing things?!!!!!!! Microsoft couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag!!

bookie32

It seems like it may be a trend going forward. That company is not relying on Microsoft doing the drivers, MS doesn't do that. Instead the ODM is pushing the correct drivers to Windows Update only.

I am working with a product from Intel that has been frustrating me for some time. Where with both Windows 10 and Windows 11, there are drivers for it you can get from Intel or the update catalog, but they do not work in the OS manually. Only the drivers installed from Windows Update work. So for products that are not specifically aimed at Enterprise channel, appliances or Server OS, drivers may more and more only appear on Windows Update.

On 4/5/2022 at 3:50 PM, Tripredacus said:

It seems like it may be a trend going forward. That company is not relying on Microsoft doing the drivers, MS doesn't do that. Instead the ODM is pushing the correct drivers to Windows Update only.

I am working with a product from Intel that has been frustrating me for some time. Where with both Windows 10 and Windows 11, there are drivers for it you can get from Intel or the update catalog, but they do not work in the OS manually. Only the drivers installed from Windows Update work. So for products that are not specifically aimed at Enterprise channel, appliances or Server OS, drivers may more and more only appear on Windows Update.

Thanks for the update....you live and learn...

bookie32