List of software that doesn't support Windows 7

asdf2345

does anyone know if easyanticheat still works on Windows 7?
MCC, a game which used to work for me, but after the december 2022 update it for some reason stopped working for me and i still dont know why, nor how to fix it.
On the steam page it still states windows 7 as being the minimal system requirement, however 343 does not provide any tech support anymore for Windows 7 users just stating, that they should upgrade to a newer version of windows.
The game works when you start it without easyanticheat though

edit: MCC being "Halo the Masterchief Collection"

Edited by Zastava 101

On 12/31/2020 at 8:04 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

Screenshare works, but audio does not. In browser it works and when you use app verifier and spoof windows 10, audio works too. It is intentional

Hi! When I trying to spoof using application verifier, discord just refuses to launch. Any way how to fix that?

Edited by Cockatiel

Remnant II: Ultimate Edition v382788 Steam/Epic 

Genres: Action, Shooter, Third-person, 3D

Companies: Gunfire Games, Gearbox Publishing

This game requires Windows 10/11

Counter-Strike 2 is coming. Beta supposedly runs on 7 and 8.1 unofficially, but official requirement of Source 2 based games has been Windows 10. Additionally, Steam is pulling the plug on Windows 7 and 8 next year, as must have been brought up already.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2952326766

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Counter-Strike_2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 3:19 AM, asdf2345 said:

Instead of making a long list of software that supports Windows 7, I'm making a list of software that doesn't work with Windows 7.

The tides are turning. Due to recent influx of game related posts, here's another:

https://support.activision.com/articles/windows-7-support-in-call-of-duty

As a result of Microsoft ending support for Windows 7 in early 2020, Windows 7 is no longer supported to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera, and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.

PC players running Windows 7 no longer receive software and security updates to the operating system from Microsoft, which can leave a PC at greater risk for viruses and malware. The absence of updates to Windows 7 also leaves the games and their players vulnerable to security risks, making this change necessary.

PC players will not be able to play Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PCs running Windows 7 beginning September 7, 2021, or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera beginning September 8, 2021.

Therefore, players will need to upgrade to Windows 10 or to a PC running Windows 10 in order to continue enjoying these games on PC.

'Cause otherwise, hackers can spawn-kill you then teabag you in real life if you don't upgrade to the latest security greatness that is Windows 10. No, wait, that's yesterday's news, better switch to Windows 11 as 10 doesn't have enough claymores planted at strategic locations and they're breaching your perimeter right now!

Edited by UCyborg

FileZilla no longer supports Windows 7 it seems (and the author definitely has no qualms about that, given his, er, very made up views about certain things).

3.65.0 is definitely not compatible, but 3.62.2, the last version I used, was.

Does anyone know off hand what the last compatible version was? It's not documented on the website (probably intentionally), and I have to cross-compile FileZilla myself, which is extremely arduous, so trial and error is not really an option.

17 hours ago, InterLinked said:

FileZilla no longer supports Windows 7 it seems

It's been written for a while now that there is no Win7 support, but everything installs and works without problems (so far).

spacer.png

FileZilla no longer supports Windows 7 it seems (and the author definitely has no qualms about that, given his, er, very made up views about certain things).

3.65.0 is definitely not compatible, but 3.62.2, the last version I used, was.

5 minutes ago, ED_Sln said:

It's been written for a while now that there is no Win7 support, but everything installs and works without problems (so far).

spacer.png

Latest Nightly build also works, at the time of this writing.

fu-ZFM4-Cz-Ar.png

Yeah, seems to be the case now actually after more testing. What's not working is when I cross compile on Linux for Windows, which I need to do to incorporate custom FileZilla patches (TL;DR, see this project: https://github.com/InterLinked1/fastfilezilla)

I did this once before but didn't compile with the update nags turned off, so I need to do it again with that option passed in, and every build I've produced so far results in that missing API error:

The procedure entry point GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Yeah, seems to be the case now actually after more testing. What's not working is when I cross compile on Linux for Windows, which I need to do to incorporate custom FileZilla patches (TL;DR, see this project: https://github.com/InterLinked1/fastfilezilla)

I did this once before but didn't compile with the update nags turned off, so I need to do it again with that option passed in, and every build I've produced so far results in that missing API error:

The procedure entry point GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Finally managed to build a working cross-compiled version.

Since the previous one was built on a different system, perhaps Windows 7 was implicitly supported then, but I had to be explicit about maintaining Windows 7 support this time around.

This version also has updates disabled, so for those who don't want to see nags about updates, this may also be of interest, in addition to the speed improvements - source and binary available here:

https://github.com/InterLinked1/fastfilezilla