Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

16 hours ago, WinClient5270 said:

Yes! And also, unlike Firefox Quantum, H.264/AAC are working, and after noticing the slightly smoother fonts compared to other browsers, I noticed Directwrite font rendering is working also!

You can smoothen out the fonts in Firefox by switching back to the old font rendering. Go into about:config - >

gfx.canvas.azure.backends > direct2d1.1,cairo,skia (old font rendering)
gfx.content.azure.backends > direct2d1.1,cairo,skia (old font rendering)

(compliments Aris from CustomCSSForFx)

Or if you're using CTR in Wf Classic, (the sane man's way to use Australis) navigate to the advanced column and tic the box to use Old Font Rendering. Still, the best fonts I've seen are from Advanced Chrome. They have a custom mask over DirectWrite/Skia that makes it appear suuuuper sharp and crisp. Sadly it's x86 though so the kernel doesn't yet support it.

https://browser.taokaizen.com/chrome-directwrite/

Edited by docR

Rocket League is working with the extended kernel. I can't believe that.

The game itself asks for XAPOFX1_5.dll you can source it on the internet and after you put it in system32 folder the game launches normally.

Edit: Cinebench R20 is working too so you can add that one.

Edited by Jaguarek62

7 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Rocket League is working with the extended kernel. I can't believe that.

rocket league used to work on XP and Vista even before , unless a new update added extra functions extended kernel plays no part afaik

5 hours ago, burd said:

rocket league used to work on XP and Vista even before , unless a new update added extra functions extended kernel plays no part afaik

No rocket league stopped working on november 2019. You can try yourself without kernel extension the game wont simply launch throwing missing functions in kernel32.dll

2 minutes ago, Jaguarek62 said:

No rocket league stopped working on november 2019. You can try yourself without kernel extension the game wont simply launch throwing missing functions in kernel32.dll

aah my bad then , apologies.

Just found out that the latest Google Earth Pro works on Vista with the new Kernel. Im not sure if it supported Vista but Google says that the min OS was Windows 7. Great news!

BUT.. you need to install the latest IE9 patches, otherwise you will receive Certificate errors in GEP

Capture.JPG

Edited by yoltboy01

On 7/19/2020 at 6:54 PM, WinClient5270 said:

Here, you will find a list of software compatible with Windows Vista, after installing the new extended kernel by Win32. As this project is very new, this list will remain quite short for the time being. 

List:

BeamNG.Drive 0.16 and later

Chromium versions 53-73

Firefox/Waterfox Quantum version 78/79 beta

GIMP 2.10.18

Logitech Gaming Software 9.02

Palemoon 28.x 

Waterfox Classic 56.3

Whatsapp

I will continue to update this list as more software is made compatible. Feel free to contribute your own additions in the form of a reply to the topic, and I will add them ASAP.

Thunderbird 78 works with Windows Vista Extended Kernel.

Hardly surprising given Roytam1's unbranded XP port, but Interlink mail client is also fully functional with the kernel. Nice client, I'll add.

I extracted the core folder from the installer and just ran the executable from a local directory. Lightning works with bidirectional Google Calendar support too, but you'll need to enable the Firefox user agent in the configurations editor for that to function properly.

rO83Jc2.png

Slimjet 20.0.5 based on Chromium 68 (before the UI became.. questionable) working here, as is 72-based Cent Browser 3.9.2.45. Slimjet 20.0.5's installer runs without error, while Cent needed the browser-bin contents extracted via 7zip to a local folder. I recommend disabling update checks in SJ, and deleting the updater executable from Cent's directory. Both browser versions still archived on their respective sites.

(extensions still nerfed for me due to that certificate discrepancy, would appreciate any advice to that front)

NxWTLz0.png

Edit: and here's Chromium 72 Slimjet 22.0.4.0. Installer also just works.

Fhf8oq5.png

Edited by docR