We need to take Climate Change seriously

Dibya

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

On the other hand, Windows XP is also bloated when pinned next to Windows 95.

Indeed and I did start with Windows 95 and moved up to 98 and stayed with that way WAY past its prime until XP was forced upon me. I just dabbled with ME on an old laptop and hated it and I did use 2000 for a little while until that computer was malware city and I thew it in the ocean. Ha!

Edited by XPerceniol

@XPerceniol

This:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WarGames

was the film that determined my work.

I was 20 years old.

Windows 95 was probably Microsoft's first Operating System that brought home users closer to computers.
It was simple and intuitive.

But with MS-DOS we were like modern scribes.:yes::hello:

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

Thank you for sharing that with us, Sampei, and I'm happy to see you back here again. Yeah good memories on Windows 95 and I forgot much of the DOS commands that I learned in my 20's. It sounds like you enjoyed a nice career in IT and I'd bet it was exciting to say the least and to see what its become now and how 'in the dark' people were back then and just how "trusting" we were. My first computer was a Hewlett-Packard but I cant' recall the model. I still have (both) windows 95 and windows 98 (I purchased Windows 98) with the keys and I save them for the memory sake. XP came installed on this Dell 745 and my Dell Dimension 3000.

Edited by XPerceniol

6 hours ago, UCyborg said:

On the other hand, Windows XP is also bloated when pinned next to Windows 95.

Not to sound like I disrespect your opinion, but how?

I ran Windows 95 on a PC with a 133 MHz Pentium and 16 MB of RAM.

Though good luck trying it on 1987 computer.

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19950924&slug=2143253

Kids today have no clue that have only experienced Win95 on a virtual machine at best, where it installs in seconds and generally feels different than on a real period-correct computer. There was a charm in waiting and seeing the animation and switching between that and text screen during boot sequence.

23 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I ran Windows 95 on a PC with a 133 MHz Pentium and 16 MB of RAM.

Though good luck trying it on 1987 computer.

Win95 on a '87 computer - that would be like getting a Speak & Spell to tell you what time it is.  :buehehe:

For some good history - https://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/computers/

10 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Win95 on a '87 computer - that would be like getting a Speak & Spell to tell you what time it is.  :buehehe:

Well that guy tried it.

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Lol, I have no computers from that year.

Likewise. Several years ago I still had two newer ones, the one with 233 MHz Pentium and another with 2 GHz Celeron, the latter had no working disk. They would probably still be collecting dust in the basement if we didn't move, they were disposed at that point. Some random stuff from old computers is still there.

On 1/6/2024 at 7:10 PM, Sampei.Nihira said:

Maybe I would have had more fun.:yes::D

I figured mandatory ever work day 8 hours at the screen isn't exactly fun...

Back on topic, found this: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/humans-suck-even-worse-thought-143339941.html

On 1/6/2024 at 7:48 PM, XPerceniol said:

Thank you for sharing that with us, Sampei, and I'm happy to see you back here again.

Agreed + @Sampei.Nihira good to see you posting again in the General Discussion forum! Welcome back! :hello:

Edited by mina7601

On 7/10/2020 at 10:21 AM, Dibya said:

Share Your ideas how we can deal with climate , specially how can we deal with e waste .

This thread seems to have morphed from one on climate change and the corona virus to one on W95 and XP. Both covid theory and climate change theory are based on propaganda not science.

Proof. The basis of climate change is the greenhouse effect, which is obviously modeled on a real greenhouse. The underlying theme is that CO2 emissions in the atmosphere work like glass in a real greenhouse, which is nonsense. The idea that CO2 works like this is an anachronism dating back to 1850 when it was believed that heat moved through the atmosphere as heat rays. That was disproved in 1913 when Neils Bohr discovered that heat is actually converted in a mass to electromagnetic energy, by electrons allegedly orbiting the nucleus of the atom.

Greenhouse theory claims that short wave radiation from the Sun enters a real greenhouse through the glass and warms the interior. The warmed interior emits infrared radiation which cannot penetrate glass, therefore it is incorrectly claimed that the trapped IR warms the greenhouse. That theory is based on the anachronism from 1850, that the IR is actually heat. It is not, the heat associated with IR is dissipated at he time the IR is produced. Ergo, there is no heat to be trapped in the atmosphere by CO2.

A real greenhouse warms because solar energy causes all air molecules to be warmed and air is 99% nitrogen and oxygen. CO2 is 0.04% of air and the Ideal Gas Law and the heat diffusion equation tells us that CO2 can add no more heat to a real greenhouse than about 0.06%. The other 99.94% is added by nitrogen, oxygen, and other gases. A real greenhouse warms because heated air molecules rise and they are trapped by the glass. That is, a real greenhouse warms due to a lack of convection.

The greenhouse theory and the associated anthropogenic warming theory, based on the GHE, are both fundamentally in error based on real science.

Same with the covid theory and everything related to it. We were hoaxed by epidemiologists using computer models that are programmed incorrectly just like climate models.

To understand covid theory, you need to go back to the early 1980s, when HIV was being investigated. Prior to that, there was a gold standard for identifying a virus created by the Louis Pasteur Institute in Paris in the 1970s. This was a stringent method that required a rigorous scientific process. The suspected virus had to first be placed in a sugar solution that was graded by density. The solution was centrifuged and if viral material was present, it would settle at a definite density gradient level. If that was found, the material was processed and prepared to be viewed on an electron microscope.

The viewing process was stringent as well. Since the viral material has the same density that means it has the same weight per unit volume and they particles should be  similar in size. Anyone viewing claimed virus photos on the Net can see immediately that is not the case. In fact, most of the viruses depicted are not even viruses, but viral material with no virus present.

When Dr. Luc Montagnier and his team were reported to have discovered HIV, the method was never discussed. Montagnier himself later admitted the team had never seen a virus on an EM and the technician confirmed that. Montagnier has only ever claimed he 'inferred' a virus, he did not claim to have isolated one physically. Ironically, a member of his team, Dr. Barre-Sinoussi, sat on the panel who wrote the gold standard for isolating a virus. At no time did she reveal that the team had abandoned that method.

Montagnier's field was in the brand new field of retrovirology. So, he turned to that theory to make his inference. Just to repeat, no virus was seen on the EM and now Montagnier is setting out to infer a virus using indirect means. His new method relied on RNA, a nucleic acid, and an associated RT, reverse transcriptase, which was believed to be associated with a virus. An early pioneer in the field had warned that RT and associated RNA were also found in humans and not associated with a virus. All, viruses since HIV, have been claimed based on the same indirect method. None of the major viruses has ever been seen on an EM even though there are many claims on the Net of such an isolation.

Covid is one of them. The team in Wuhan who claimed to have discovered covid did not isolate a virus. they used Montagnier's indirect method related to RNA. That's why the covid test is called an RNA-PCR test. There is not a shred of proof that the RNA used comes from a virus, therefore the tests are unreliable. Same with the vaccine, which is based on the same RNA.

Fast forward a few years. Montagnier is now claiming that HIV is a harmless virus to a healthy immune system. The interviewer was stunned and had him repeat the statement. Montagnier laughed and repeated it. He added that AIDS is caused by oxidative stress related to lifestyle. The CDC data supports his claim even though you will never heat that from them.

We spent decades with the belief that HIV causes AIDS and HIV was inferred indirectly by theory. That theory is still preached today. What if it is the same for covid, and it has nothing to do with the pneumonia from which so many died under the claim of a covid infection. Why, after two years of lockdowns was covid suddenly declared endemic, putting it in the same class as the ordinary flu?

Unless we start asking questions and demanding answers, governments will only become braver and meddle further with our democratic rights.

4 hours ago, gordo999 said:

Both covid theory and climate change theory are based on propaganda not science.

How then would you explain winters in my region are getting hotter and hotter after the Millennium, especially? How old are you? I'm old enough to remember what was happening in the past, when the climate was normal.