We need to take Climate Change seriously

Dibya

On 12/12/2021 at 10:17 AM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Limiting gas cars and going to EV is just way to move problem out of your eyes. No matter what they claim they will use fossil fuels to charge those EV. And remember that test that says EV is more environmental friendly is done biased way. They do like petrol car output exhaust fume and ev wont mean ev is clean.

But of course electricity comes out of wall outlet so it is clean

But I agree that many uses too big engine for daily use. I understand huge v6 and v8 if you move huge amount of load but having one for daily drive without load is overkill.

For me 1.8l DOCH engine without turbo or VVT/VTEC or 1.6l DOCH with vtec/vvt (Toyota silvertop and Honda JDM B16-A as example) is my minimum because it is something that would have enough horsepower for mixed use on highway/town/with load while not sucking too much gas

Start with introducing the real limits for the "tourists" , "refugees" , "asylum seekers" . Vote better next time and you won't need to limit yourself in any way . 

44 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Start with introducing the real limits for the "tourists" , "refugees" , "asylum seekers" . Vote better next time and you won't need to limit yourself in any way . 

I do not know but feels that voting wont matter as everyone feels to fall same empty promises from same parties every year. When elections are coming they promise moon from sky but after election they forget all.

Also political memory is short here. After someone does something actually bad it is forgotten in next election

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, i must admit, i don't read most of topic, just first page.

Because i am politically incorrect i will say what most people does not dare:  I AM ROOTING FOR GLOBAL WARMING.:w00t:

Here is short list of why i am such a heathen:

1) I like worm climate, i don't like cold European winters. Having Subtropics instead of continental climate is better.

2) I tired care about people from other countries who don't give a flying f*ck about me\my people\my country\my region. I stop care about you, since you don't care about me.

3) I am adult enough to realize that technical progress and Exhausting reserves of cheap carbon based fuels will eventually end mass burning of Oil, Methane and Coal. So, eventually problem will fix itself.

4) More warm means more vapor in atmosphere = more rain. Rain + Warm = better crop yield. Better harvest = less hunger and more profit for country budget.

Remind me Climate change was suppose to be bad, not good, then why i love climate and economical benefits from it? Better live in subtropics then in continental climate, believe me.

Using Nuclear stations and Pumped-storage hydroelectricity is despised by "ecologists" despite it is anti global warming measures that gives many countries energy independence. Why should i hate it - i endorse it - it is logical to do. Whole History Nuclear Stations accidents kill about several thousands people. Cars kill in USA alone every year about 30.000 people. Should i remind you that most of such ecologist who demand stop nuclear energy is goofy, to say the least?

I also noted interesting discussion here that modern vehicles is unreliable because of planned obsolescence and cars from past was more reliable. Yes, driving or reliable cars deserve respect. There is also many used reliable cars as Mercedes W124 with 4 speed auto and inline-6 diesel. Or first GEN Lexus IS200\300. If you find them in good condition. But you still can buy new and reliable Mitsubishi Pajero, for example, it is one of the most reliable SUV in production. As well as find many other used reliable Japanese SUV. Most modern cars are intolerable garbage, but there is still several "Last of the Mohicans" on market.

Edited by Rod Steel

1st half of 2020, German electricity prices 43% higher than the EU average. As a result, Germany’s renewables experiment is effectively over.

By 2025  $580 billion spent to make its electricity nearly 2x more expensive & 10x more carbon intensive than France !!!

LOL or someone's really working on purpose ?

On 12/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, D.Draker said:

But i don't understand why no one gives a damn about the native population ! Perhaps we need to vote better ?

On 12/17/2021 at 2:17 PM, D.Draker said:

My point of view is, that the native population lacks solidarity, the thought is totally destroyed by the propaganda of mass media, moreover the vote does not give anything cause it is rigged everywhere in the world, on all the levels...
Then it remains in these circumstances to take care of the relatives, to enjoy the beautiful sun...

It's true that I don't have much hope for a quick improvement in the situation, but who knows...life can cause surprises....

PS.

Waste in the environment - address your complaints to third world countries...

Taking care of our world: https://nitter.net/oloiux and too: https://nitter.net/Arch_Revival_

1500x500

Edited by msfntor

As far as landfills and waste in general, I once heard that today's teenager consumes (ie, buys, wears, then throws away) more clothing in ONE YEAR than what we older generations did in FOUR YEARS.

So the next time one of these "yutes" points a bony finger about "saving the planet", ask them what they think about the vast amounts of "textiles" that they throw away NOT because they outgrew them, but because they don't want to be seen wearing the same thing more than three times.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure all of you are aware that Russia placed enormous amounts of war arsenal (and some say approx 125-150 thousands of cannon fodder too) extremely close to the European borders .

Not to mention russian fleet in 240km of Ireland's shores , right above the data/internet cables for war "exercices". Why no one says anything about the catastrophic impact on the climate

All of that efforts that @Mr.Scienceman2000and @Gansangriff were doing all these years (using old phones , saving the planet) are in vain. 

Anyone ? Silence ? And what about the poor animals killed ? Poor Irish fish ? No protests against near russian embassies ! Where is Greanpeace ?!?!?

That's what I thought...

Ever wondered why the "greens"(reds) only oppose UK/US and not Chino-Russia ?

Well , one can't bark at the master . Here's a short but sweet explanation and a bit of history of this "movement". Esp. about the current German ones.

Original :

https://twitter.com/andersostlund/status/1485121247440773125

The same , conveneint to read (merged)

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1485121247440773125.html

BTW , this is not over and looks like far from it , you can watch some pretty interesting footage here , many videos added daily.

https://twitter.com/EndGameWW3

https://twitter.com/RALee85

Will continue to limit yourself ? lol

Edited by Dixel
added more links

13 hours ago, Dixel said:

I'm sure all of you are aware that Russia placed enormous amounts of war arsenal (and some say approx 125-150 thousands of cannon fodder too) extremely close to the European borders .

Not to mention russian fleet in 240km of Ireland's shores , right above the data/internet cables for war "exercices". Why no one says anything about the catastrophic impact on the climate

All of that efforts that @Mr.Scienceman2000and @Gansangriff were doing all these years (using old phones , saving the planet) are in vain. 

Anyone ? Silence ? And what about the poor animals killed ? Poor Irish fish ? No protests against near russian embassies ! Where is Greanpeace ?!?!?

That's what I thought...

Ever wondered why the "greens"(reds) only oppose UK/US and not Chino-Russia ?

Well , one can't bark at the master . Here's a short but sweet explanation and a bit of history of this "movement". Esp. about the current German ones.

Original :

https://twitter.com/andersostlund/status/1485121247440773125

The same , conveneint to read (merged)

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1485121247440773125.html

BTW , this is not over and looks like far from it , you can watch some pretty interesting footage here , many videos added daily.

https://twitter.com/EndGameWW3

https://twitter.com/RALee85

Will continue to limit yourself ? lol

Not sure where you got the idea that nobody cares about this, but most "real" environmentalists that likewise also decry all of this as well.

If you think about it, resources that go towards so-called "national defense", e.g. artificially devoting resources towards blowing up other people or countries, is a complete unproductive use of resources, sustainable or note.

If you were paying attention, surely you must know that right now in the U.S., people are outraged about the enormous spending bill giving the Pentagon nearly $1 trillion is budget appropriation.

Slashing national defense is certainly an important step that can be taken here.

The Post Office is a much larger waste of money, in my humble view.

Between 2007 and 2020, the US Government has had to bail out (ie, taxpayer money) the Post Office pretty much each and every year to the total of $78 billion spanning those years.

The Post Office is *NOT* supposed to be funded by TAXPAYER FUNDS.  Let alone each and every year!

30 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The Post Office is a much larger waste of money, in my humble view.

Between 2007 and 2020, the US Government has had to bail out (ie, taxpayer money) the Post Office pretty much each and every year to the total of $78 billion spanning those years.

The Post Office is *NOT* supposed to be funded by TAXPAYER FUNDS.  Let alone each and every year!

That is simply downright false.

The post office is peanuts compared to other rampant government spending.

Military funding alone is on the order of a trillion a YEAR.

78 billion over 12 years is NOTHING in comparison.

Post office is a basic service that at least services the public good, unlike most things in society...

Time to end subsidies to cell phones and divert that to landlines and the post office instead, so we can maintain our basic public infrastructure, not toxic useless crap.

27 minutes ago, InterLinked said:

That is simply downright false.

No it isn't.

But yeah, it's "peanuts" and not worth arguing over.

While my recollection of "exact" details may be fuzzy (because it's an "issue" that only ranks right around a 4 on a 10-point scale), but it *is* an "issue" that should not just be shoved under the rug and "ignored".

Google for "history of post office bailouts".

But again, yeah, "peanuts" so not worth arguing.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Google for "history of post office bailouts".

This is "about climate" topic . Do you think USPS trucks pollute the atmosphere ? 

Yeah , I agree , it's peanuts compared to the russian tanks/rockets near our borders.