[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

2 hours ago, Ark_mage2180 said:

Except of Windows Installer. It still crashes when I try to install most MSI-depending apps.

I've never got this error myself, but this might be because i've never had 32bit extended kernel installed, so you can try installing the extended kernel manually and skip copying 32bit files or restore your original 32bit files from .bak files and see if it helps.

WMP11 still breaks when the Media Foundation files are installed. I think it breaks even without them installed, though I'm not too sure as I haven't bothered to test it without.

It's worth pointing out that double clicking on a file opens the x86 version of WMP: the x64 version works totally fine but I can't set it to be the default, so you know...

@Ark_mage2180 Often enough I've found adding "setup.exe" to Application Verifier (32-bit) and setting HighVersionLie to build number 6.1.7601.1 works fine, even on 64-bit MSIs.

Edited by Compa

6 hours ago, Compa said:

when the Media Foundation files are installed

why did you even install them? you know you can make a firefox.exe.local folder and throw the dlls there, right?(after merging dllredirectionenabler.reg)

6 hours ago, Compa said:

I think it breaks even without them installed

it doesn't

Anyway.. Does anyone have a working steam client? I mean a more recent version than oct. 2020

Also great to see that the new version fixed the explorer.exe problem on the first run

I've switched to an athlon 64 like cpu and older desktop PC and decided to try vista with the extended kernel. It is simply the best OS i've ever used on a computer with the ext kernel along it. Thanks win32. This makes me able to have a powerful computer and OS with programs to use all day and work without having to pay a lot on repairs on my expensive laptop. The kernel extensions makes sane computing (winvista, the opposite of win10 and 11) affordable

Hi, it may be a stupid question, but where can i download newest version of Extended Kernel for Vista? I've just browsing around the pages on this forum and i can't find any :/

3 hours ago, NdrX said:

Hi, it may be a stupid question, but where can i download newest version of Extended Kernel for Vista? I've just browsing around the pages on this forum and i can't find any :/

you're supposed to get in touch with win32 to get access 

Hi guys, did someone managed to install Office 2019 or 2021 in Windows Vista with the latest extended Kernel? I can't spoof the setup. Apparently Win32 managed to do it. Here is my osver.ini. I noticed that I can't spoof any 32 bits application.

[C:\Users\Disquete\Desktop\BraveBrowserSetup.exe]
enabled=1
Win7SuperVerFix=1
[C:\Users\Disquete\Desktop\qcgc-setup.exe]
enabled=1
Win7SuperVerFix=1
[D:\Setup.exe]
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1
[C:\Users\Disquete\Desktop\Setup64.exe]
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1
[D:\Office\Setup64.exe]
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1
[global]
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1

10 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

Hi guys, did someone managed to install Office 2019 or 2021 in Windows Vista with the latest extended Kernel? I can't spoof the setup. Apparently Win32 managed to do it. Here is my osver.ini. I noticed that I can't spoof any 32 bits application.

[C:\Users\Disquete\Desktop\BraveBrowserSetup.exe]
enabled=1
Win7SuperVerFix=1
[C:\Users\Disquete\Desktop\qcgc-setup.exe]
enabled=1
Win7SuperVerFix=1
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1
[C:\Users\Disquete\Desktop\Setup64.exe]
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1
[D:\Office\Setup64.exe]
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1
[global]
enabled=1
Win10SuperVerFix=1

Can't spoof any 32 bit version? But I can spoof PCSX2 emulator and the log prints the spoofed version

18 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

maybe try copying the cd contents over to the desktop in a folder and do the same thing again?

still can't install Office 2019 despite that I copied the content of the cd to the desktop and added the setups to the osver.ini. There should be a method to install Office without the setup or modify the global osver.ini adding some stuffs like the number of the build, or bipass setup's restriction using a command line tool maybe? Don't know. Tried to create a portable with Cameyo, but no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting you guys know that the Microsoft Tinker game does not work with OSver.ini global configured like this:

[global]
Enabled=1
Win7SuperVerFix=1
MajorVersion=6
MinorVersion=1
BuildNumber=7600
CSDVersion=Service Pack 1
PlatformID=2

Either putting this file on the desktop or changing it to read:

[global]
Enabled=1
Win7SuperVerFix=0
MajorVersion=6
MinorVersion=0
BuildNumber=6003
CSDVersion=Service Pack 2
PlatformID=2

will allow the game to run like normal. Not a big issue by any means, but for anyone struggling to run this game, this is why. You also need d3dx9_39.dll. Get both the 32 and 64 bit versions. Although the game is 32-bit, it can't hurt to have the 64-bit version as well. Place the 64-bit version within System32 and the 32-bit version within SysWow64. With this done and OSver either moved to the desktop or edited, the game will then finally start.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:38 AM, Sergiaws said:

still can't install Office 2019 despite that I copied the content of the cd to the desktop and added the setups to the osver.ini. There should be a method to install Office without the setup or modify the global osver.ini adding some stuffs like the number of the build, or bipass setup's restriction using a command line tool maybe? Don't know. Tried to create a portable with Cameyo, but no luck.

Not even Office 2013 works, so I guess you should try porting 2013 first instead of 2019

10 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

Not even Office 2013 works, so I guess you should try porting 2013 first instead of 2019

Office 2013/2016 will be more difficult to install, as far as @Win32 told, Office 2013/2016 has more checks against Windows Vista.

Edited by Sergiaws