[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

3 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

My best guess is that we replaced the media foundation with files from windows 7, but not 100% sure

Yes , this may very well be true . I would strongly advise against replacing it , esp. for those who love HD content. As you all know , Win 7 is just so much worse in terms of  h264 files playback , and pretty much everything else. They look washed out , pale , etc. And for those who simply can't live without firefox, why not do it locally ?

I just checked and it is the media foundation replacement that kills it (one of the tests it does is "checking Windows media playback"; a system with updated kernel files but not media foundation ones has no issues.

Just now, win32 said:

I just checked and it is the media foundation replacement that kills it (one of the tests it does is "checking Windows media playback"; a system with updated kernel files but not media foundation ones has no issues.

that what i thought. I don't care myself honestly, but still kinda bummer.

12 minutes ago, win32 said:

anything can be done about this?

1 minute ago, burd said:

anything can be done about this?

It may be possible to use Firefox with localized versions of mf and mfplat.dll along with the other codecs, as Dixel said. But there may have been a reason why I discounted it back in July.

8 minutes ago, win32 said:

Mine still works, even with win7 media foundation (though dreamscene can be enabled for W7, but is apparently unstable. for the record, it works on this same configuration with W7)

Yeah, well I need to reinstall vista anyway. My installation is broken AF. it takes like 50 seconds to boot on ssd..

1 hour ago, win32 said:

Mine still works, even with win7 media foundation (though dreamscene can be enabled for W7, but is apparently unstable. for the record, it works on this same configuration with W7)

The option is greyed out on my laptop