Aero Glass for Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041

tron03

I haven't been on MSFN ever since mid this year, but all I can assume is that bigmuscle has not been online since July. Before that, he would occasionally come on every month or so and maybe like something or respond to a post.

Ever since July, he went offline and hasn't said anything since. I don't know if its just me, but I am a little concerned, not that aero glass isn't done, that he won't be coming back.

Not that large of concern, but 1903 ends support in December. 1909 ends support in May 2021. The last two supported builds of 10 that AG still works with.

Edited by Tonny52

im new here but like with the rest of you i am also concerned about bigmuscle of about in real life and aero glass for windows 10 as i miss using this glass8 like heres a picture from 2019 of glass8 for windows 10 taking from my gaming tower pc but now i feel something is missing from windows as i am now on version 2004 20H1 on that computer but i do not want to let go of version 1909 on my other computer but i know i got to update to 20H2 at some point on that computer

Screenshot (45).jpg

Edited by Thanos the god88

On 10/18/2020 at 4:53 PM, djmagnifique said:

I found this skin for curtains which has round corners so it is possible.  I'd be tempted to use curtains if I could get something like this with transparent borders and normal close/max/min buttons as well. https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/curtains/114/

preview-103-114.jpg

Thanks for pointing me towards Curtains, just downloaded it and had a quick play at creating a custom titlebar with transparency. Basically create an image 285x52 (got this from another theme) and the first 26 pixels of height is the Active titlebar image the second the inactive. Add as much transparency as you desire and then save as a PNG.  After that it's just a case of loading it and selecting  Tick the Replace default frames. I have no idea how it works underneath the surfcae but it does seem to provide a means to get a transparency effect and I guess you can choose the corner shap based on the image you import.

I'd definitely prefer a new version of AeroGlass due to it's simplicity and the reduced lieklihood of incompatibilities but I always assumed it would simply stop one day either due to loss of interest to continue updating it or it becoming too cumbersome to maintain and it's had a pretty good run if this is it. I'll have a proper play with Curtains a bit later in the week and if it definitely does the job get it. After all it's only £8 at the moment which wont break the bank and will allow the minimal customisation I tend to use plus more.

Yeah I bought Curtains. Definitely a worthy purchase. I just played around the titlebar texture I wanted to use in Photoshop to make a blurred transparency and that was it. It works great for me. Sadly, I dont think we'll ever see a real update to this project anymore and can only hope that folks get it going on something open source, as it should have been in the first place.

9 hours ago, raiden89 said:

Yeah I bought Curtains. Definitely a worthy purchase. I just played around the titlebar texture I wanted to use in Photoshop to make a blurred transparency and that was it. It works great for me. Sadly, I dont think we'll ever see a real update to this project anymore and can only hope that folks get it going on something open source, as it should have been in the first place.

Were you able to duplicate the blur in the title bars?  I've tried creating a png that keeps blur intact, but no go on my end.

Carrying on from my description of how i created the title bar in my last post I have tried following this tutorial to get an acrylic blur (I had added some guassian blur onto the initial attempt which looked a bit better than straight transparancy with no blur) - https://lucidrhino.design/acrylic-material-photoshop/.

I've bought curtains now but not had much time to play with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 8:06 PM, Valentin Radu said:

So, as requested, I am back with an update: I have pushed modified code in a new branch of my WinCenterTitle project: https://github.com/valinet/WinCenterTitle/tree/glass . Feel free to have a look (“aero” stuff is in dllmain.c). I have not polished it, but it is not gigantic, so it is straightforward to understand. I hook functions and mess a bit with DWM. To understand how I came up with those things, there are some comments, but you can also disassemble uDWM.dll using IDA or Ghidra and start with checking the functions I hooked.

At the moment, there are obviously issues: window borders overlap the “1px thin” borders in Windows 10, as in previous versions of the OS, all windows are “glassed”, even child windows and popups, which should be excluded, the frame color gets out of sync with the stuff behind when rearranging windows. That’s what I found out from my testing. Anyway, maybe this is a starting point. Let’s work there. I attach a small screenshot to have a visual representation of what I am talking about.

Lastly, thanks for the kind words, I am glad my message was well received, and also I as well hope maybe we gather a few people who are interested in developing this a bit more, in the open, so we can all benefit.

Thank you.

P.S. Is MSFN blocked in Europe or something like that, because of GDPR compliance or...? I am from Romania, we do not have any internet censorship laws, so this is definitely weird: I keep getting a timeout when attempting to access the web site. It happens both at home and at work, different ISPs, tried with Google’s DNS, no dice. It always “takes too long to respond”. For now, I have installed a free VPN on my phone and I write these messages on my phone, but I was wondering if you have any idea why this might happen.

594E29CC-A603-4BC1-89AA-B64FC351B2FC.jpeg

Where is the Glass effect?? greetings, just testing ....