On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

3 hours ago, maile3241 said:

Hello everybody.
There is a new way to update Xp or Win 2000 more can be found here: https://legacyupdate.net/

Github: https://github.com/kirb/LegacyUpdate

Some screenshots:

hQCKwUp.png

Y12S34e.png

smilie_m_006.gif
Hello @maile3241! Long time no hear from each other! Are you OK? I hope so. Anyway, this Legacy Update service is an interesting found! I had a look at its homepage but I couldn't find any information about the supported languages. Do you know if it is for English Windows versions only? :dubbio:

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie_schild_035.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

8 hours ago, WULover said:

No, I tested on french Windows XP and 2000 and it worked

This means that the Legacy Update service offers you French-language Windows updates. Did I understand that correctly? interroge.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

19 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

smilie_m_006.gif
Hello @maile3241! Long time no hear from each other! Are you OK? I hope so. Anyway, this Legacy Update service is an interesting found! I had a look at its homepage but I couldn't find any information about the supported languages. Do you know if it is for English Windows versions only? :dubbio:

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie_schild_035.gif

Hello @AstroSkipper thank you for asking! I am fine. I hope everything is fine with you too. Well, this website is in English but it still searches and finds updates in the respective language, so that works without any problems. 

1 hour ago, maile3241 said:

Hello @AstroSkipper thank you for asking! I am fine. I hope everything is fine with you too. Well, this website is in English but it still searches and finds updates in the respective language, so that works without any problems. 

Glad to hear! I am fine so far. Just a little more coughing after a Covid infection. mouchoir.gif And, thank you for the information! At first sight, I thought it's for English Windows versions only as it is very often the case. smilie_denk_24.gif But, good to know that other language versions of Windows are supported, too. Anyway, good find! smilie_g_024.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

This means that the Legacy Update service offers you French-language Windows updates. Did I understand that correctly? interroge.gif

Yeah, you understood it correctly. As english is not my native language, it's a bit difficult to write the right sentences (I don't use any translator, it's my english training).

But the most important thing is that you understand me :D.

On 11/8/2022 at 2:08 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Glad to hear! I am fine so far. Just a little more coughing after a Covid infection. mouchoir.gif And, thank you for the information! At first sight, I thought it's for English Windows versions only as it is very often the case. smilie_denk_24.gif But, good to know that other language versions of Windows are supported, too. Anyway, good find! smilie_g_024.gif

<OT>

Please consider sipping green tea is possible.

<OT>

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

<OT>

Please consider sipping green tea is possible.

<OT>

OT: Unfortunately, I am actually a black tea drinker as you already know, more precisely East Frisian Tea. Have you had positive experiences that sipping green tea helps to get rid of the cough or to get better faster? smilie_xyz_006.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 11/7/2022 at 12:13 PM, maile3241 said:

Hello everybody.
There is a new way to update Xp or Win 2000 more can be found here: https://legacyupdate.net/

Github: https://github.com/kirb/LegacyUpdate

Some screenshots:

hQCKwUp.png

Y12S34e.png

Oh cool, I should make a Windows 2000 VM and try it when I get home. Also, does it have Office updates or is it just Windows updates only?

On 11/8/2022 at 1:08 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Get well soon! Me and my family got COVID during the summer and it SUCKED. :angry: