Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

4 hours ago, siria said:

@Sampei.Nihira
Your screenshot is for httpS
rths also works with plain http (as in VistaLover's link)
Is http broken too?

JcrZYVrm_o.jpg

:(

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

That's probably not it; the browser itself detects that condition and produces a different message ("no cipher overlap," as I discovered with Mediafire). Besides o.rths.cf supports a couple of "strong" ciphers (forward secrecy, SHA256, no CBC) that I know NM also supports.

Try pinging o.rths.cf at a command line. IP address should be 104.27.136.100 or 104.27.137.100. If not try downloading directly from one of those IP addresses (replace o.rths.cf with an IP address in your browser's address bar) and see if that works.

8do7cIHy_o.jpg

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

Try pinging o.rths.cf at a command line. IP address should be 104.27.136.100 or 104.27.137.100.

Expected results here:

QYTEu0c.jpg

@Sampei.Nihira, did you try a ping? Did you get the same results as @VistaLover? If you did then your DNS is OK.

Unfortunately those IPs apparently host several websites, not just o.rths.cf; a frustrating but increasingly common practice. Therefore you must specify the host name, o.rths.cf, to access it.

So if your DNS is not OK, your only recourse is to override the bad IP address in your hosts file.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, siria said:

Uhm... just wondering (am not using it myself), but what does that mean? Does the installer delete the whole old program folder?? If yes, it's important to know that unlike other browsers, in KM some user customizations are stored outside the profile... Mainly toolbars.cfg (gets edited), usually all macros and extensions go in the app folders too (except if a user knows exactly what he's doing, does NOT follow the usual instructions and creates himself the matching folders manually in the profile)

What i mean is that it WAS an issue in previous versions and NOW it's fixed.
I am very well aware of how the k-meleon profiles differ from the other browsers at this point.
:yes:

Edited by i430VX

Posted (edited)

@VistaLover

@Mathwiz

N8lyHLpn_o.jpg

P.S. I couldn't do any more tests, I usually sleep at night.:)

I have now done a test with the smartphone (Iliad mobile network).
Does not work:

aMwaaIcD_t.png

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

Probably need to contact CloudFlare. Sounds like their network is fouled up somewhere between Rome and wherever o.rths.cf is (Wikipedia says .cf is Central African Republic, but that seems unlikely. More likely, the CAR is letting CloudFlare use their TLD for a fee.)

Posted (edited)

It is interesting to consider that I use 2 distinct DNS between primary and secondary.
Cloudflare DNS as secondary.
AdGuard DNS as primary:

ESo2LXYJ_o.jpg

flrrsag7_o.jpg

P.S. Also see the test with the smartphone.
Cloudflare (London) not Rome.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

Your PC is going to use the primary DNS first; the secondary DNS only if it doesn't get a response from the primary one.

Does your smart phone also use the AdGuard DNS?

And I ask again:

18 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

did you try a ping? Did you get the same results as @VistaLover?

Posted (edited)

And I ask again:

On 7/28/2019 at 5:19 AM, Mathwiz said:

did you try a ping? Did you get the same results as @VistaLover?

... But he did already :P :

The command prompt is in Italian, but I can tell you he passed the test (which is even more peculiar, given he can't access the hostname in a browser :dubbio:); only difference to mine is I pinged IP 104.27.137.100 (from Greece), while he pinged the alternate IP 104.27.136.100 (from Italy) ... :rolleyes:

Edited by VistaLover

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Your PC is going to use the primary DNS first; the secondary DNS only if it doesn't get a response from the primary one.

Does your smart phone also use the AdGuard DNS?

And I ask again:

No,
The smartphone has the predefined DNS.

For me it is their servers that have some problems:

OZkJvYv5_o.jpg

Edited by Sampei.Nihira