My Browser Builds (Part 1)

But you can add it yourself easily. Just right-click on the about:config page, select New / String, enter the name (general.useragent.override.github.com) then the value: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 (Pale Moon)

8 hours ago, roytam1 said:

So GitHub updated javascript that breaks PM27.

What particular part of their website have they updated, if I may ask? I'm using 27.9.1a1 (32-bit) (2018-05-28) and I can visit the website, log in with my account and do everything.

1 hour ago, CoRoNe said:

What particular part of their website have they updated, if I may ask? I'm using 27.9.1a1 (32-bit) (2018-05-28) and I can visit the website, log in with my account and do everything.

it shows a banner at the top, and network graph is not showing.

On 11/3/2018 at 6:26 AM, roytam1 said:

Am I the only one who can't run it on Windows XP 32 bit? I extracted the archive contents into the new folder, tried to launch the EXE - and then something went terribly wrong. First I got a wndow "Welcome to the New Moon update!" with the Finish button (like the last step of the installation step-by-step master). The a browser window opened, but it contained 2 Windows XP borders (one inside of another), and inside the inner one was a decorated browser frame (themed by NewMoon engine). A closed the browser, and when I tried to start it once again I got an empty dialog with no text and 2 buttons, OK and Cancel. I pressed them several times, nothing happend, but at some point I got an application crash. Tried to create a shortcut on the desktop, adding -p new in the end - nothing has changed.

What am I missing?

UPD: added another profile name, new2. A profile dialog opened, but none of the buttons inside it seems to work (only the X button closes the window and terminates the process).

Edited by Alex654

5 minutes ago, dencorso said:

You bet! :yes:

Please, can you try to guess what's wrong? All other applications run well (including basic Firefox 42, portable Firefox 47, portable Firefox 52 ESR, portable Chrome 45, New Moon 27.9.1a). I have 2 profiles in "Moonchild Productions" directory, one for Pale Moon 26.5 and one for New Moon 27.9. I'm starting Pale Moon 27.9 with -p new ("new" is the profile name), and it works OK.

You ought to have a further subdirectory named "Basilisk" (under the "Moonchild Productions" directory), with your independent profile for Basilisk/UXP for XP. It seems it wasn't created for some reason... Let's wait for @roytam1 to chime in, though, before trying anything. Maybe he can provide you with a profile cleaner or some other convenient utility to clean-up before trying to reinstall. Patience usually is worth it. Just my 2¢, of course! :)

On 9/3/2018 at 8:48 PM, msfn-guest123 said:

anybody else seeing this "line" ???

(did not want the YouTube download discussion to "bury" the enquiry since YouTube is entirely pointless to me personally)

I have this line too when I have the menu bar off on Windos XP.

I traced its origin via debugger, so I know how to fix it (it is really a theme related issue).

1. Open the .xpi file with your theme using any archive extractor (I am using 7Zip for example).

2. Find the chrome/browser/browser.css file, extract it somewhere and open in text editor.

3. You need to fix the following block:

#appmenuSecondaryPane menupopup {
    -moz-appearance: none;
    background-image: linear-gradient(to right, #F0F0F0 26px, ThreeDLightShadow 26px,
                                      ThreeDLightShadow 27px, ThreeDHighlight 27px,
                                      ThreeDHighlight 28px, #F0F0F0 28px);
    border: 3px solid;
    -moz-border-top-colors: ThreeDShadow #F0F0F0;
    -moz-border-bottom-colors: ThreeDShadow #F0F0F0;
    -moz-border-left-colors: ThreeDShadow #F0F0F0;
    -moz-border-right-colors: ThreeDShadow #F0F0F0;
}

I figured out that setting for example, this value for background-image property solves the problem:

linear-gradient(to right, #F0F0F0 26px, ThreeDLightShadow 26px, ThreeDLightShadow 26px, #F0F0F0 27px)

I really think this gradient is unnecessary on XP, because there is really NO GRADIENT at all on the screen. Maybe this is some CSS code copied and pasted which was initially targeted for Windows 7, I suppose. So you may even go futher and write

background: #F0F0F0;

4. Pack the updated version of the CSS file back into the .xpi using the same extractor by dragging it into a window.

Edited by Alex654

1 hour ago, dencorso said:

You ought to have a further subdirectory named "Basilisk" (under the "Moonchild Productions" directory), with your independent profile for Basilisk/UXP for XP. It seems it wasn't created for some reason... Let's wait for @roytam1 to chime in, though, before trying anything. Maybe he can provide you with a profile cleaner or some other convenient utility to clean-up before trying to reinstall. Patience usually is worth it. Just my 2¢, of course! :)

Oh, thanks, I didn't know about that. However, I figured out that version 28.1.0a1 works fine for me (I created a fresh profile for it), so this is really something wrong with the latest release, I think.

11 minutes ago, Alex654 said:

Oh, thanks, I didn't know about that. However, I figured out that version 28.1.0a1 works fine for me (I created a fresh profile for it), so this is really something wrong with the latest release, I think.

upstream breaks it (or not, since it is working fine here)

11 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

upstream breaks it (or not, since it is working fine here)

Version 28.2.0a1 from 2018-10-05 works fine too. How is it possible that the build worked on your test machine and doesn't work on mine (the situation when I tried again was the same, window with "Finish" button, then window with 2 frames, then crash after some time after I closed the window)?

Edited by Alex654