Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

spacequakes

And to reject MWAV - eScan Antivirus Toolkit as one of the few, free, up-to-date antivirus offline scanners for Windows XP due to font preferences speaks against all reason and for itself. nonono.gif :crazy:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

45 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

well if it's a virtual system I could not care less about it being ''untouched without anything integrated in it.''

I know, but I like it this way, even if it's a virtual machine.

Edited by mina7601

BTW, to mention here tests of recent Bitdefender and Avast versions is absurd and not helpful at all. Both have not supported Windows XP for a long time. The last, XP-compatible version of Avast, for example, is from 2018. Anyway! This thread is about antivirus or security programs that still target the Windows XP operating system. jaioublie.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

Both K7 and Seqrite from India supports XP and they still have top score in AV TEST

Thanks for the information! I know you mentioned K7 in a previous post. Unfortunately, both suggested programs are commercial. No free versions available. Seqrite doesn't seem to support Windows XP in its new versions 8.x, only in the old ones 7.x. And I can't see any products for home users. Or did I miss anything? :dubbio:BTW, both, K7 and Seqrite, are totally unknown here in Germany, and presumably, in other European countries, too.

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks for the information! I know you mentioned K7 in a previous post. Unfortunately, both suggested programs are commercial. No free versions available. Seqrite doesn't seem to support Windows XP in its new versions 8.x, only in the old ones 7.x. And I can't see any products for home users. Or did I miss anything? :dubbio:BTW, both, K7 and Seqrite, are totally unknown here in Germany, and presumably, in other European countries, too.

K7 and Seqrite have significant present in Eastern Europe specially Hungary , Greece and Poland & Japan USA and South East Asia  as far my knowledge

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And I can't see any products for home users. Or did I miss anything?

"Segrite" is the brand name of the corporation that targets the Enterprise market ;) ; Home Users are being targeted through Quick Heal:

https://www.quickheal.co.in/home-users

All these are paid-for products, because dedicated coders do need to make a living :P ... Some free tools are also offered:

https://www.quickheal.co.in/free-tools

Best regards :)

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

"Segrite" is the brand name of the corporation that targets the Enterprise market ;) ; Home Users are being targeted through Quick Heal:

Thanks for clarification!

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

All these are paid-for products, because dedicated coders do need to make a living :P ...

Never thought coders do need to make money :P ...

7 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

both, K7 and Seqrite, are totally unknown here in Germany, and presumably, in other European countries, too.

Yes, never heard of them before. 

OT. I was shocked the legendary German (Frisian?) WinHEX and all it can do is not yet well discovered, even by senior members.

17 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

OT: I use WinHEX for ages and already recommended it here:

I too always recommend German software/goods as I find them to be one of the best. 

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184130-cloning-windows-2008-onto-a-new-disk/?do=findComment&comment=1230660

Unfortunately, I don't know any German-made antivirus for XP or Vista. Panda is Spanish, I think.

Anyways, with German software one would need to make sure it's made by the Germans, since many software makers just registered there and

the workers are not of Germanic origin.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Unfortunately, I don't know any German-made antivirus for XP or Vista. Panda is Spanish, I think.

G Data and AVIRA are made in Germany but they don't support XP and Vista anymore in their recent versions. Most manufacturers of antivirus programs operate worldwide. The head office is in one country, with offshoots, branches and subsidiaries in many other countries. And antivirus programs often have several scan engines, which in turn are manufactured in other countries. So it's all quite confusing. :crazy:

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Anyways, with German software one would need to make sure it's made by the Germans, since many software makers just registered there and

the workers are not of Germanic origin.

Not only, some of those workers, even those with no less than 15 generations certified Germanic origin may be communists (openly or secretly).

jaclaz

On 3/19/2023 at 5:50 PM, jaclaz said:

Not only, some of those workers, even those with no less than 15 generations certified Germanic origin may be communists (openly or secretly).

jaclaz

Stop making Cold War Joke when Cold War 1.0 is over , 2.0 will soon begin so get your popcorn before Taiwan Saga

It wasn't a Cold War joke, it was a warning to those that need or want to be really-really sure that they can trust the makers of the antivirus.

I guess that those people will need besides the basics (genealogy trees, blood exams and DNA analysis) also a written declaration about political views (and maybe also religious beliefs) of all workers involved.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz