Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

spacequakes

3 hours ago, Milkinis said:

Sure, not only Germany, the US also banned Kaspersky:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184271-us-blacklists-kaspersky-antivirus-as-an-unacceptable-risk-to-national-security/

but that has nothing to do with my post, which was about the additional vetting of German workers in a German firm, checking their Germanic origin is only part of the answer.

jaclaz

On 3/19/2023 at 1:20 PM, jaclaz said:

Not only, some of those workers, even those with no less than 15 generations certified Germanic origin may be communists (openly or secretly).

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

but that has nothing to do with my post, which was about the additional vetting of German workers in a German firm, checking their Germanic origin is only part of the answer.

There is nothing to check in a German company in terms of the origin of their workers. Most antivirus companies operate worldwide, in most cases internationally. Certification of origin???  That kind of thinking is more of a pigeonholing or casteism. It is the year 2023. In which century do you live? Apart from the fact that all of your recent comments here are totally off-topic, they have nothing to do with antivirus programs targeting Windows XP, you should urgently reconsider such nonsense, especially regarding the recent history (of the first half of the last century). Anyway! One thing is crystal clear, any kind of racism is never a solution. :no:

AstroSkipper

Edited by AstroSkipper

Hey AstroSkipper, I didn't start it :no:.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:37 AM, D.Draker said:

Anyways, with German software one would need to make sure it's made by the Germans, since many software makers just registered there and

the workers are not of Germanic origin

I understand that sarcasm may be difficult to detect, but it seemed to me clear enough :dubbio:

jaclaz

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

There is nothing to check in a German company in terms of the origin of their workers. Most antivirus companies operate worldwide, in most cases internationally. Certification of origin???  That kind of thinking is more of a pigeonholing or casteism. It is the year 2023. In which century do you live? Apart from the fact that all of your recent comments here are totally off-topic, they have nothing to do with antivirus programs targeting Windows XP, you should urgently reconsider such nonsense, especially regarding the recent history (of the first half of the last century). Anyway! One thing is crystal clear, any kind of racism is never a solution. :no:

AstroSkipper

Well, during that days you're talking about, Germany was especially globalistic - using the labour of foreign workes to produce goods, so it's nothing new. It doesn't matter what ideology is being used to cover the deception ! What he meant - it's exactly otherwise, I'm sure his posts have nothing to do with racism, albeit being offtopic.I want to buy Swiss cheese, so as jaclaz wants to buy Italian made pasta made by Italian workes and he wants to use an AV made in Germany by the trusted Germans, real Germans with no ties to other foreign (hostile) nations. There's nothing wrong with being able to choose what we want, as customers.

That being said, I hope you understand he was joking about 15 generations and whatnot, but I still I hope jaclaz will suggest us an option regarding , say Italian made antivirus,

I don't mind to use Italian software at all. I like Italian goods, also.

Edited by D.Draker
a typo

16 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

whoever it is that started this argument we need to get this topic back on track and within the rules (I don't want anyone getting ban today)

It wasn't even an argument at all.

3 hours ago, legacyfan said:

sorry I'm just confused today (ive been battling a cold recently) that's why ive not been on in awhile

Please stop, freaking stop spamming threads with meaningles messages ! I'm really, really getting tired of this. 

Only a handful of members do this. two members , for the most part.

4 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Hey AstroSkipper, I didn't start it :no:.

I understand that sarcasm may be difficult to detect, but it seemed to me clear enough :dubbio:

jaclaz

Good to know that it seems to have been sarcasm. But honestly, this is easily misunderstood and also completely uncalled for. The only good thing about this banter is that you have brought up an antivirus program that seems to be XP-compatible in its current version. And now, we are back on topic. :) I took a look at the Vir.IT eXplorer homepage. Do you know if the Vir.IT eXplorer Lite version has a background guard? :dubbio: I could not really see it on their homepage. 

AstroSkipper

Edited by AstroSkipper

has anyone tried avira antivirus on windows xp? I had seen recently that they dropped support for xp/vista recently and was considering if it would be a good option anymore (if it's not ive found better options than this)

33 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

has anyone tried avira antivirus on windows xp? I had seen recently that they dropped support for xp/vista recently and was considering if it would be a good option anymore

Recently seen? The engine and signatures updates for Avira Antivirus products running on Windows XP were abandoned on 08.04.2016. That is almost seven years ago! Where have you been the last seven years? FYI, here is a link with their product lifecycle archive: https://www.avira.com/en/support-product-lifecycle-archive
Actually, everyone knows that Avira was one of the first that has turned its back on Windows XP. Anyway! So much for Avira! :thumbdown No option! :no:

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Recently seen? The engine and signatures updates for Avira Antivirus products running on Windows XP were abandoned on 08.04.2016. That is almost seven years ago! Where have you been the last seven years? FYI, here is a link with their product lifecycle archive: https://www.avira.com/en/support-product-lifecycle-archive
Actually, everyone knows that Avira was one of the first that has turned its back on Windows XP. Anyway! So much for Avira! :thumbdown No option! :no:

I've been kind of behind in the antivirus support department recently