Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

spacequakes

1 hour ago, legacyfan said:

after doing a little bit of research I found this page by AVG (a subsidiary of avast) https://www.avg.com/en-us/windows-xp-antivirus#android which is the windows xp support page for avg antivirus as well as the download for the last version on windows xp (it only get security updates thou)

That's not correct, unfortunately. AVG 18.8 versions won't receive security updates anymore but definition updates. There is a significant difference.

4 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

That's not correct, unfortunately. AVG 18.8 versions won't receive security updates anymore but definition updates. There is a significant difference.

well back to more researching!

12 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

after doing a little bit of research I found this page by AVG (a subsidiary of avast) https://www.avg.com/en-us/windows-xp-antivirus#android which is the windows xp support page for avg antivirus as well as the download for the last version on windows xp (it only get security updates thou)

BTW, Avast and AVG are almost the same. Now one and the same company, so what applies to Avast also applies to AVG. I know both of them very well. I used them for years. That's why I didn't mention AVG here at all.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

10 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

it was not listed on the list of supported os on the page I found so I assumed it did not support vista anymore 

No, don't worry, it is supported. I can test it for you if you want.

Edited by mina7601

9 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

You're welcome. Please wait.

ive also got a windows vista sp2 virtual machine being set up in virtualbox for my own private testing (its x86)

Edited by legacyfan

11 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

We all can test a lot. But AVG 18.8 is definitely supported under Windows Vista. Following approximating equation has to be evaluated by the Boolean value of true

Avast 18.8 ≈ AVG 18.8 

Thanks for the Boolean value. While what you said can sound true, showing a screenshot with the application installed and running on Windows Vista is better, since it proves it.

Edited by mina7601

36 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Thanks for the Boolean value. While what you said can sound true, showing a screenshot with the application installed and running is additional proof.

You're welcome! Not only does it sound good, but it also values an actual true statement. smilie_denk_24.gif But verifications of statements can of course always be carried out and won't harm, anyways. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

well back to more researching!

This is a very good idea! ssupercool2.gif Maybe, there is more antivirus outside for all desperate Windows XP users (and I don't mean me). total-lol.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper