Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Ninho

Problems accessing certain sites (Https aka TLS)

1 hour ago, heinoganda said:

Have new build generated by ProxHTTPSProxy v1.5 (Rev3a), with small changes script, various python modules updated, config.ini supplemented by some entries, CA certificates (cacert.pem) updated and alternativ cacert.pem from MSCerts (Cert_Updater) 11/28/2018.
If anyone has interest please write a PM to me.

Info:
At Python 3.44 the support ends in March 2018. With the latest cryptography module version 2.5 (Jan 22, 2019) ProxHTTPSProxy does not work on Windows XP anymore. Last working version 2.4.2 (Nov 21, 2018).

:)

Working great!
:thumbup

Edited by Dave-H
Quote added as post has appeared on a new page

Posted (edited)

Have new build generated by ProxHTTPSProxy v1.5 (Rev3b), various python modules updated (cryptography-2.6.1_openssl-1.1.0j), config.ini supplemented by some entries, CA certificates (cacert.pem) updated and alternativ cacert.pem from MSCerts (Cert_Updater) 11/28/2018.

Info:
At Python 3.44 the support ends in March 2019. With the latest official cryptography module version 2.6.1 (Feb 28, 2019) ProxHTTPSProxy does not work on Windows XP anymore. Last official working version 2.4.2 (Nov 21, 2018).

Edited by heinoganda
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@heinoganda

Thank You very much for the new Rev3b release, works like a charm!:yes: But how did You managed to compile new cryptography 2.6.1 with XP compatibility? You previously mentioned that this is not possible...

8 minutes ago, Bersaglio said:

You previously mentioned that this is not possible...

I have created my own cryptography module with OpenSSL 1.1.0j. I would prefer the latest OpenSSL 1.1.1b, but this does not work in Windows XP.

More on this

Have new build generated by ProxHTTPSProxy v1.5 (Rev3c), python module cryptography-2.6.1 with openssl-1.1.1b (Thanks to @Mathwiz) updated.

Info:
At Python 3.44 the support ends in March 2019. With the latest official cryptography module version 2.6.1 (Feb 28, 2019) ProxHTTPSProxy does not work on Windows XP anymore. Last official working version 2.4.2 (Nov 21, 2018).

• Like 3

Is it possible to compile HTTPSProxy without SSE/SSE2?

Actually I tested only the version included with launcher (v1.5.2 2018-11-06) - it does not run on non-SSE Duron, but does on SSE2 Pentium M.

@Fritz_Geiger

I don't really know. But I think no.

HTTPSProxy is not compiled.

It is built with pyInstaller, which combines the required runtime environment from Python, the required modules, and the Python script.

In this respect, support for older processors depends directly on the version of Python and the modules that still support it. These versions should be very old and support the functions required here no longer, certainly not safe nenough.

And I'm sorry, because of a lack of hope and low demand: I can't and won't test this case.

I don't even have an old machine...

On 11/4/2019 at 11:33 PM, Thomas S. said:

I don't even have an old machine...

Thanks for your attention and clear answer.

Now I plan to install the old-https-program (BTW, ReGet download manager)

to other WinXPSP3 computer in my LAN,

that has SSE2 and where HTTPSProxy can work.

When ReGet on my current computer will not download some files

(and the destination site uses https strictly, search&replace 'https' to 'http' in download list can not help),

I will move the remaining queue to the computer with HTTPSProxy.

It can be done effortless, and, in most cases, this is more time-effective

than trying to manually edit requests and read negative server responses one-by-one.

P. S. There are some proxy sites, that do conversion from "old" to "new" https,

taking "old" requests from user and sending "new" to destination site.

Like other free proxies, they do not last long.

I used two Japan IPs In ReGet proxy settings, but they stopped approximately a month ago,

and other free proxies provided by FireFox add-ons "One Click Proxy" and "Best Proxy Switcher",

do not do the mentioned "conversion".

So I started to search how implement "my own" proxy, "with blackjack and hookers" (c) Bender.