POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

All:  My updates went well (I think) except that Malicious Software Removal Tool didn't install at first and then didn't run by itself when I tried again.  So I looked, and my MRT.exe file is modified date Feb. 12, 2016.  Also, I am running it now, and its title bar says Feb 2016.

Is this the new version?  Thanks.

Belay that!  The new version of MRT.exe is March 2016.  I finally got it installed.  Ignore alien orders!

Also, after the ten updates, I now have the updated .dll files for Outlook Express 6 described by Dave-H above.  So far no problems.

Edited by glnz

I created a .reg file, with this code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

Do I have to delete the something too?

Edited by Stefan43

@ Harkaz,

@ FranceBB,

I also deleted the 2 registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\WEPOS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\WES]

with PCRegedit because the two keys can not be deleted.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

All entries in the Reg Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA"  one cannot delete while XP is running. To delete any of those entries one needs a boot medium where a Reg Editor can access the registry of the operating system. (For example ERD Commander or Kaspersky Rescue Disk)

@glnz

In my tests, I noticed no abnormalities, works so far everything as usual.

@Stefan43

This key should contain the longest support time. Let's see what the future brings.

:)

I created a .reg file, with this code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]

"Installed"=dword:00000001

Do I have to delete the something too?

No. Your system is OK, as it is.

On 16/05/2014 at 7:45 PM, submix8c said:

OUCH!

.NET optimisation service
I turn that bad boy off (disable the Service) IMMEDIATELY after any updates. It (IMHO) drags the system.

With .NET Runtime Optimization Service v.2.050727.x86 listed as Manual under Startup Method, is that something I should need to do?

I take it you don't have .NET 4 installed.

When that is installed .NET Runtime Optimization Service v.2.050727.x86 is disabled, and it's replaced by .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86, which is on Automatic start, and will run to optimise the system after .NET updates.

It does slow the system down a bit while it's doing its thing, but once it's completed it will not run again until the next update, even though it's set to Automatic start.

I just let it complete, it doesn't take all that long, and then you can forget about it again!

I don't know how beneficial its optimisation routine is, but it's presumably there for a reason.

try to use this  batch file , it will fix serious ngen bug which cause slow startup of windows xp.

@echo offSET "MNF4SBF="%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\MS .NET Framework 4 - WinXP Slow Boot Fix.vbs"">%MNF4SBF% ECHO ' [ MS .NET Framework 4 - WinXP Slow Boot Fix v3.1 ]>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO ' This Script will fix silently in the background a Microsoft .NET Framework 4 bug that causes a slow Windows XP boot up.>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO ' This Microsoft .NET Framework 4 bug can occur, for example when reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or when installing new Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Updates.>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO.>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO.>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO ExeFile = objShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%%SystemRoot%%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe")>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO   If (objFSO.FileExists(ExeFile)) Then>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO     objShell.Run Chr(34) ^& ExeFile ^& Chr(34) ^& "eqi", 0, false>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO   End If>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO.>>%MNF4SBF% ECHO WScript.Quit
Edited by Dibya

Does that script actually stop the optimisation happening altogether, or does it just fix the "bug"?

As I said, it's never really worried me, once the computer has restarted after the update it only needs to be on for a short while for the program to do its job in the background, and once it's completed it never runs again until there's another update.

On which subject, there doesn't seem to have been any relevant .NET updates for us for a while, or have I missed some?

The last ones I installed were at the end of last year.

On 10/03/2016 at 4:01 PM, Dave-H said:

Does that script actually stop the optimisation happening altogether, or does it just fix the "bug"?

As I said, it's never really worried me, once the computer has restarted after the update it only needs to be on for a short while for the program to do its job in the background, and once it's completed it never runs again until there's another update.

On which subject, there doesn't seem to have been any relevant .NET updates for us for a while, or have I missed some?

The last ones I installed were at the end of last year.

it just fix slow boot bug

You mean the one that increases the connections? nLite does that for you (AFAICR) so just try it out and hex compare the two. Besides, if that's what your asking for, the instructions should be on the WWW somewhere. :unsure: