Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

harkaz

Introducing - Unofficial Windows XP SP4

That's exactly right. You can still enable WGA Notifications from Add/Remove Components in Control Panel (it is disabled by default).

I mention imply it in the "Windows XP SP4 Default Components Set": Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications – Disabled by default, Live installer will disable it.

Edited by harkaz

v 3.1 will delay a bit until a few things are clarified.

(Some new reports about 4GB PAE patch failure).

Edited by harkaz

Version 3.1 has been released today. Release info and download available at RyanVM.net.

I will not be supporting SP4 any longer. Thank you for your support all these years!

@harkaz, 

Thanks again for all your hard work, it is truly appreciated to keep alive one of the best OS ever made!

i am running SP4 here since installing earlier today and it sems to be doing fine. But the keyboard is English, is there any way I can install my own language?

I've never had to do that, so I don't know.  There is an XP SP4 MUI Pack available, see here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140755#140755.  Would that help?  There is an instructional YouTube video, (use SP4 instead of SP3 as mentioned in the video).  If it would help, it is now also included in the torrent that was added to the first post of that thread.  Good luck!

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Err... Did you try: "Control Panel" --> "Regional and Language Options" --> "Languages" --> "Details" ?

It oppens the "Text sevices and Input Languages", from which you can add another keboard layout, which is what I think you're looking for...  :unsure:

You should actually be looking for v3.1a. :)  [i forget, but you might need to be registered there to see and get to where you need to go.  But don't worry, many of us here are members there as well, and RyanVM will never use or share your registration info, nor will you get any emails or anything else from RyanVM.]  You can find it here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10321.  Look for "Windows XP Unofficial SP4 Download Locations:", and you will see both a cloud location and a torrent. Take your pick, but the torrent has a very, very slightly, essentially insignificant, updated documentation file as detailed here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140826#140826. So use whichever one is quicker and more convenient for you.

Cheers and Regards

@jabeleba, if you are not yet registered at RyanVM, you may need to contact them directly if you experience any delay in that regard.

hi, I am also a member in RyaNVM

Thanx a lot guys, I appreciate your help!

Got a question though; if I instal SP4, is it (un)necessary to do also this: ?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/05/27/simple-hack-gives-windows-xp-users-5-more-years-of-support/#269e5967208a

That PosReady registry entry is included and you do not have to apply it manually.  Once USP4 v3.1 is up and running you'll be 'good to go'.

Before installing SP4 on a system with many post-SP3 updates installed, follow the steps described here (do not restart your PC after applying these steps, just run the SP4 installer and then reboot):

http://www.rarst.net/software/failed-install-catalog-files/

This will prevent a common error message: "Failed to install catalog files"

Although SP4 installer takes steps to automatically delete these files, it may require manual intervention in some cases.