why ? how so ?

its not need to be full functional as in windows 8

same basic features would be gr8

there a lot of start menu replacement but Tihiy can make it better

Why waste resources on a more than a decade old OS that has less than a year of support left?

why ? how so ?

its not need to be full functional as in windows 8

same basic features would be gr8

there a lot of start menu replacement but Tihiy can make it better

Why waste resources on a more than a decade old OS that has less than a year of support left?

good question

why more then ~40% ppls use windows xp ? when there windows 7 ? and 8

Great program that makes Windows 8 useable.

A feature request, if it is possible and you have time.

When the taskbar is vertical on the left side of the screen it would be nice to have an option to have the ORB at the bottom of the taskbar.

So that the ORB is at the same location as when the task bar is at the bottom of the screen.

When the taskbar is on the left, Windows has always put the Orb at the top which makes no sense to me, especially if you have to use different computers some of which have the start menu at the normal position.

First of all: Tihiy (hope he is reading this) really did a great job on making this awesome piece of software :D

I'm currently testing SIB+ on 8.1 Preview in a virtual machine.. and imo SIB is the best Win8-Start-menu solution out there!

I very much like the new option to display the taskbar on Start screen; so here is my feature request :thumbup : Is it possible that future releases will be able to show(and pin?) running ModernUI apps on taskbar? That would make it much more easier and coherent to switch between Modern and Desktop apps (compared to the Win8-SideModernUI-Taskbar-whatevar-solution..). I know that there are already tools existing which can show Modern apps on taskbar, but I would prefer an "All-in-One-Solution"

The "Everything at once" feature is also a great idea but unfortunately on my setup it works sometimes not so properly as it should (know this is still not finished)...

Another appeal to mention:

Does anyone know how Windows 8.1 (or eventually SIB+) handles the startup delay for desktop apps? Winareo mentioned this annoying behavior of Windows 8 in an article on their site. (not sure if I'm allowed to post teh link, google is your friend)

Greez, XKingSchulzX :hello:

+1.0 RC1

What's new:

- User items (Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music) now show folders if libraries are not enabled in This PC
- Start menu now scales consistently with Icon font size
- Removed 'Disable context menu and drag&drop' setting. Policy still applies.
- Surfaced 'Display start menu adjacent to vertical taskbar' setting

Fixed:

- Issues on build 9471

- Explorer crashed if dwm.exe was restarted

- Other minor issues

This build contains additional debugging info to help fix Windows key not working issue.

Also, I have some 8.1 File Explorer fixes/legacies at hand / in mind, but not still not sure if they apply to SIB.

Great to be back! Off topic, I know, but thanks to Tihiy for much help getting a message to higher-ups so that they would change my username and I could log on to MSFN with their new software! Thanks to you or whoever realized that my spaces and quotes in my name caused the problem with the new software.

Trying RC1 now. Wow, I can put a lot in my Start Menu now! :)

Possible bug report if not reported previously:

If I check the box for renaming the start screen to "Apps"..., and then hit No (I don't want to continue), the box is still left checked. Further, hitting OK just closes the configuration with the box checked, and it's still checked when I go back in. Correct me if this is by design, but I suspect it's not. No big problem. Also, BTW, now unchecking the box gives the same prompt even though I never went through with it after checking the box the first time. Of course if you make it so it won't leave the box checked if you hit No, then that problem will disappear too.

Good night Tihiy and all!

Hey,

I've been trying this new beta on Windows 8.1 Preview and so far I am pleased. However I have noticed a bug regarding the start menu on a second monitor. When the taskbar on the second monitor is right orientated and clicked, the start menu displays on the first monitor at the side.

Screenshot (please excuse my awful editing): http://imgur.com/NZJ9a5Q (may have to zoom in to read text)

It would also be nice to have an option which allowed us to disable the start menu button on the second monitor.

Thanks!

Keir

Start button still isn't opening the start menu unfortunately. Still on 8.1 preview. This time it won't do so no matter what. Ctrl+Start still works.

Interestingly enough I clicked the taskbar to focus it, hit the WinKey and Chrome focused :huh:

Edited by PandaX

Start button still isn't opening the start menu unfortunately. Still on 8.1 preview. This time it won't do so no matter what. Ctrl+Start still works.

Interestingly enough I clicked the taskbar to focus it, hit the WinKey and Chrome focused :huh:

That's good because now I'll be able to debug it.

Download DebugView and run it for some time while the issue happens, then attach log here. Thx!

+1.0 RC2

Fixed a lot of issues, including:
- start menu showing on incorrect monitor
- start button sliding into another monitor
- start button stucking in pressed / hover states
- shutdown button Windows Update notify not applying sometimes
- start button / Windows key not working in very rare cases

This is the last RC planned. PandaX, can you please do debug log for your issue?

Edited by Tihiy