Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Yeah, these two looks clean. Could you just modify the second one so the blur is more noticeable? E.g. by adding some background inactive window with text etc? And is it simple custom resource change? I don't want to present "Use unsigned themes" feature now because it is still buggy and I will not fix it in final release, thus screenshot must show only what we are able to achieve by changing "CustomThemeResource" registry value.

DimasKid

It will not be long now, new website is being setup ready for full version, but you may have to pay for full version.

MY opinion:

Bigmuscle deserve every penny for all his hard work (If he is going to charge / sell dwmglass.dll).

Hmm, windowblinds8 is out, here is a random theme applied to win8

39y0.png

There is transparency behind the navigation bar :D, but without blur it looks like sh*t!

Edited by Tusticles

DosProbie: nice screenshots, I should make some gallery on the website to present the look of AG's users.

Tusticles: yeah, WB does not provide blur effect but even if it does in the future, it still follows different approach than my Aero Glass. WB just hooks into system via RegisterUserApiHook and thus completely replaces UX theme service. Then it draws the frame completely via GDI so you cannot be sure that HW acceleration is used for it. My first (private only) version of Aero Glass worked this way, because it is very easy to do, but I rather decided go the native way by DWM hooking :-)

DosProbie: nice screenshots, I should make some gallery on the website to present the look of AG's users.

Tusticles: yeah, WB does not provide blur effect but even if it does in the future, it still follows different approach than my Aero Glass. WB just hooks into system via RegisterUserApiHook and thus completely replaces UX theme service. Then it draws the frame completely via GDI so you cannot be sure that HW acceleration is used for it. My first (private only) version of Aero Glass worked this way, because it is very easy to do, but I rather decided go the native way by DWM hooking :-)

What about the transparency in navigation bar area? Can you do it?