HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

I think that might be a problem. But it worked for me on Win2K...

Sorry it took so long. Passed out for a bit there (YAWN)...Anyways, I tried both ways. If dotnet2 is first, 1.1 does not show in Add/Remove. Other way around, everything looks cool. Still is there a way to test for 1.1?

If you go to WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework or WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework, do you see a subfolder called v1.1.4322 or just v2.0.50727? Don't mind the folder for 1.0...

I already suspected that the order might be playing a role so removed the extra .NET 2.0 handling from the latest releases again. For that work, HFSLIP would have to take into account the inclusion of .NET 1.1 too which means a heck of a lot more code (to exclude it from being parsed by other sections, etc).

Here's two options for you (all from HFSVCPACK)...

Option 1:

1DOTNET1.EXE (your silent .NET 1.1 installer)

2DOTNET1SP1.EXE (your silent .NET 1.1 SP1 installer)

3DOTNET1up.EXE (your silent KB886903 installer)

4DOTNET1lng.EXE (your silent .NET 1.1 langpack)

5DOTNET2.EXE (Aserone's silent .NET 2.0 installer)

6DOTNET2lng.EXE (your silent .NET 2.0 langpack)

Option 2:

DOTNET11.EXE (silent .NET 1.1 installer including SP1, KB886903 and langpack)

DOTNET20.EXE (silent .NET 2.0 installer including langpack + hack for installation at T-13)

You can make these two installers with the "beta" of MultiCompiler 2. Have you tried it already?

To all (not Tomcat) - What is the big h@rdon about DOTNETx? I mean, IMHO, it's not really required for the OS. It's a program. Is MS Office a operating system an OS requirement? No. Why not just use your own crafted post-windows installers for installing dotnet (and any other programs you want to install)? My PC runs GREAT without dotnet.

To all (not Tomcat) - What is the big h@rdon about DOTNETx? I mean, IMHO, it's not really required for the OS. It's a program. Is MS Office a operating system an OS requirement? No. Why not just use your own crafted post-windows installers for installing dotnet (and any other programs you want to install)? My PC runs GREAT without dotnet.

Not a biggie to me, just figured I'd give it a try. I had always been installing 1.1 after first install along with other base apps. BUT, I kinda consider dotnet a part of the OS as other apps rely on it. Same with say, JAVA (even though I install this at first reboot as well). I only load JAVA because IE requires (kinda) it.

If you go to WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework or WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework, do you see a subfolder called v1.1.4322 or just v2.0.50727? Don't mind the folder for 1.0...

Just compared both runs. They each have both folders populated. Any further test? (I think I need a 1.1 specific app?)

Is this built into the 060616a?
You can make these two installers with the "beta" of MultiCompiler 2. Have you tried it already?
No (sorry) Edited by NtegrA

HFSLIP has always supported silent installers from HFSVCPACK (formerly HFSVPK).

BTW... I just updated MultiCompiler 2. If both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 are detected, it asks you whether you want to merge it all into one file... :w00t:

HFSLIP has always supported silent installers from HFSVCPACK (formerly HFSVPK).

BTW... I just updated MultiCompiler 2. If both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 are detected, it asks you whether you want to merge it all into one file... :w00t:

I just meant because of the filenames. Should naming a certain way order the install? I think I will just continue installing at first reboot. That worked for my situation.

Edited by NtegrA

HFSLIP just copies the files from HFSVCPACK into SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK and echoes the executable names into SVCPACK.INF alphabetically. So if the order is important change the name(s) and you're good to go. Looking at your other thread, you're already doing that.

Edited by Tomcat76

Whoops... It just occured to me that I'm mixing you up with someone else... There is no "other thread" from you and I didn't ask you to try MC2 before...

Looks like I'm the one who needs some sleep, hehe... :lol:

hi!

just wanted to share ... i saw these ran through my screen ...

SBP-2 drive stops responding when you try to write data in Windows XP

WindowsXP-KB885464-x86-ENU.EXE

TEMP\SP2QFE\ohci1394.sys

1 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

Initialization phase of a Setup program may take longer than expected to complete in Windows XP

WindowsXP-KB885898-x86-ENU.EXE

TEMP\SP2QFE\msi.dll

TEMP\SP2QFE\msiexec.exe

2 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

A component that runs in the same process as the Windows Time service is stopped or is disabled unexpectedly in Windows XP

WindowsXP-KB888432-x86-ENU.EXE

TEMP\SP2QFE\w32time.dll

1 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

MS05-020: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

WindowsXP-KB890923-x86-ENU.exe

TEMP\SP2GDR\browseui.dll

TEMP\SP2GDR\cdfview.dll

TEMP\SP2GDR\iepeers.dll

TEMP\SP2GDR\inseng.dll

TEMP\SP2GDR\mshtml.dll

TEMP\SP2GDR\msrating.dll

TEMP\SP2GDR\shdocvw.dll

TEMP\SP2GDR\shlwapi.dll

TEMP\SP2GDR\urlmon.dll

TEMP\SP2GDR\wininet.dll

10 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

Packet-writing programs for optical media recording devices run slower than expected on Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computers

WindowsXP-KB891070-x86-ENU.EXE

TEMP\SP2QFE\ntkrnlmp.exe

TEMP\SP2QFE\ntkrnlpa.exe

TEMP\SP2QFE\ntkrpamp.exe

TEMP\SP2QFE\ntoskrnl.exe

4 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

FIX: You may receive a "Page cannot be displayed" error message when you click a hyperlink to view a Microsoft Office document in Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

WindowsXP-KB892056-x86-ENU.EXE

TEMP\SP2QFE\mshtml.dll

TEMP\SP2QFE\urlmon.dll

2 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

FIX: You may receive a "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" error message when you try to open the Internet Options dialog box in Internet Explorer 6

WindowsXP-KB894179-x86-ENU.EXE

TEMP\SP2QFE\shdocvw.dll

1 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

Software update 898461 installs a permanent copy of the Package Installer for Windows version 6.1.22.4

WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe

0 File(s) copied

The embedded resource version of the LIP MUI files is incorrect in Windows XP Starter Edition

WindowsXP-KB913808-x86-ENU.exe

0 File(s) copied

i may have to take these out or would this be script related issue? ;)

incidentally, i noticed that 60615a was a bit smaller in file size (144 as compared to 145 in earlier vers) ... moreover, the slipstreaming time went down to 30-31mins again for me ... just like what i mentioned in my embarrassing post earlier, it used to last as long as 40+ mins ... considering i even added the newer updates using 60615a ...

i just hope this post is not yet too late knowing that 60616a is already out ... (which i already downloaded) ;)

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh