HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

yes, I made another CD without the InstallRC option and the error message I mentioned didn't came up. After install, I ran from the command prompt: START /WAIT I386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons /unattend

The error I mentioned came up again but just like what happened when I included InstallRC, it just continued with the installation after I pressed OK.

it should be noted that if you delete winntupg folder, you can not install the recovery console...most people dont delete this folder either, but its needed for the same thing and that folder is compdata...though I dunno if you can delete that folder and windows will install still.
http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t29212.html

this more or less confirms your find glentium :)

normal installation once OS hits the GUI is: x:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

try to cross-refer to this too: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=75945 ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

All right. So I guess Tomcat can put a line inside HFSLIP that looks for the presence of WINNTUPG before inserting the line in HFSLIP.CMD, as such:

IF "%InstallRC%"=="1" IF EXIST SOURCE\I386\WINNTUPG\* ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD START/WAIT %%HFSLIP%%\winnt32.exe /cmdcons /unattend

btw, sirs ...

any support issues w/ the new security updates?

(KB911280) - XP/2K

(KB914389) - XP/2K

(KB914798) - XP

(KB917734) - 2K MP7.1

(KB917734) - XP MP8

(KB917734) - XP/2K MP9

(KB917734) - XP MP10

(KB917736) - 2K

(KB917953) - XP/2K

does 60612a accommodate these already?

thanks!

All right. So I guess Tomcat can put a line inside HFSLIP that looks for the presence of WINNTUPG before inserting the line in HFSLIP.CMD, as such:
IF "%InstallRC%"=="1" IF EXIST SOURCE\I386\WINNTUPG\* ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD START/WAIT %%HFSLIP%%\winnt32.exe /cmdcons /unattend

so if it doesn't, it won't install it ... to prevent the error ... :)

this would help those who remove the other i386 directories

I don't think HFSLIP shouldn't put the line if WINNTUPG is not detected. The user isn't forced to copy the entire CD source prior to running HFSLIP.

@Super-Magician: Sorry for the delay but your suggestion regarding MakeNoISO and MAKEISO is implemented in 60613b. :)

I don't think HFSLIP shouldn't put the line if WINNTUPG is not detected. The user isn't forced to copy the entire CD source prior to running HFSLIP.
I'm thinking a few months from now someone will encounter this issue when they run HFSLIP with InstallRC=1 in his or her HFANSWER.INI file and no WINNTUPG folder. Then, they will come yelling for help. :P
@Super-Magician: Sorry for the delay but your suggestion regarding MakeNoISO and MAKEISO is implemented in 60613b. :)
Thanks!

salamat kabayan!

ish.. my original source CD from hp, slipstreamed with SP2, does not even come with those WIN**UPG folders.. But, of course, I'll get those folders if I manually slipstream SP2 (or "let HFSLIP do it, if I'm too lazy") to a pre-SP2 source...

I agree that it is up to the user to copy or not the entire source. And if the user chose not to include, or delete those folders, then the user must not use the InstallRC=1 option.

For this reason, I was thinking of a simple addition to the HFSLIP instructions that as a prerequisite for using InstallRC=1 option, winntupg folder must exists in the source..

No -- The user should be able to enter "InstallRC=1" at any time without restrictions. My point was that the user should be allowed to copy the WINNTUPG folder *after* running HFSLIP.

That the WINNTUPG folder is required for the RC to be installed will of course be mentioned on the "Special features" page (the only page that will refer to this functionality).

Congrats, Tomcat! You only needed a few hours of work this time :lol::P!

No -- The user should be able to enter "InstallRC=1" at any time without restrictions. My point was that the user should be allowed to copy the WINNTUPG folder *after* running HFSLIP.

That the WINNTUPG folder is required for the RC to be installed will of course be mentioned on the "Special features" page (the only page that will refer to this functionality).

All right, I understand.

A new final is in the works. At this point, I don't intend to add more functionality except maybe a [FileFlags] section for Windows 2000.

To be checked:

- all new hotfixes should be supported on Win2K SP4, WinXP SP1, WinXP SP2 and Win2K3 SP1

- KB911562 for MDAC 2.8 SP1

- Win2K .ART extension support

- USP5

Any volunteers? :lol:

Edited by Tomcat76