HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

salamat kabayan!

don't mention it ... just trying to give it back to the others who might have the same issues like mine ... besides, everybody here is so helpful that i'd love to be 1 too in my own little ways :P

glentium .. it is great to have a "Pinoy" too here in HFSLIP ... though i know that you've been here quite longer than i have been but perhaps you opted to just be silent ... ;) as for me, i've been bugging these guys for quite sometime now ... my apologies :blushing:

i understand the concept better now ... i remember reading in the instructions before that only i386 directory is a must for HFSLIPping ... although w/ this RC request i placed forward to the accomodating moderators would require WINNTUPG dir to work ... and yes ... clarifying the said issue via "Special Features" link would truly be enlightening (especially to those who miss out on going through the entire thread :whistle: )

awaiting for the new final ... test release or final ... heck, doesn't matter to me ... been using whichever is available anyway :)

as for any volunteer ... i've been raising my arm here for XP SP2 ... well, testing that is ... as i've said i'll be glad to be of little assistance ... as for dotnet2, it shouldn't pose any headache for us anymore ...

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

A new final is in the works. At this point, I don't intend to add more functionality except maybe a [FileFlags] section for Windows 2000.

To be checked:

- all new hotfixes should be supported on Win2K SP4, WinXP SP1, WinXP SP2 and Win2K3 SP1

- KB911562 for MDAC 2.8 SP1

- Win2K .ART extension support

- USP5

- .NET 2.0 on WinXP and Win2K3

Any volunteers? :lol:

Just a few hours left : biology and german. And also post-exams+end-of-the-year "meal" : ice cream, ice cream, macarons, macarons, sweets, ice cream. :)

A new final is in the works. At this point, I don't intend to add more functionality except maybe a [FileFlags] section for Windows 2000.

To be checked:

- all new hotfixes should be supported on Win2K SP4, WinXP SP1, WinXP SP2 and Win2K3 SP1

- KB911562 for MDAC 2.8 SP1

- Win2K .ART extension support

- USP5

- .NET 2.0 on WinXP and Win2K3

Any volunteers? :lol:

All HFs good (except kb887472 STILL [no biggie]), no more file copy errors in XP. I will be attempting slipping .net 2 on XP momentarily. Is there some kind of test for 1.1 and 2.0 to validate functionality?

[All HFs good (except kb887472 STILL [no biggie]), no more file copy errors in XP. I will be attempting slipping .net 2 on XP momentarily. Is there some kind of test for 1.1 and 2.0 to validate functionality?
hi NtegrA!

the simplest would probably be to check their presence via Add/Remove programs ... those 2 should be there ...

further you may try to use some .msis & .exes to see if they do not prompt for the dotnets ... ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

quote]hi NtegrA!

the simplest would probably be to check their presence via Add/Remove programs ... those 2 should be there ...

further you may try to use some .msis & .exes to see if they do not prompt for the dotnets ... ;)

OK so...

using both RyanVM supplied .nets (2.0[dotnet2.exe] in HF, 1.1[netfxsp1.exe] in HFSVPK). in Add/Remove I see 2.0 but not 1.1. MSBSA does not complain about missing hotfixes (any that matter). I can't get to WU cuz I can't activate my build in VM (OEM source).

Is there certain naming convention for 1.1 executable?

Anything out there that I can test against both(known progs that will complain)?

EDIT: OOOPS, reading other post noticed that I am using wrong folder for 1.1 :whistle: Sorry, ignore this post until I try again.

Edited by NtegrA

That was ditched 9 minutes before you wrote your post, I'm afraid.

I might consider putting the functionality back if it's really necessary but only in the HFSPLUG1.CMD file.

heh. Of course I should have hung out just a BIT longer before starting over as I see you released a new version on me (My build is at the end of course [.net 2.0 just finished])

Also, would you care to explain why I gained 6-10 mins on slipping? Used to take 22-26 mins (60613b), now 15-16 mins(60614d+). (Does it sound like I'm complaining?)

Edited by NtegrA

i think this is basically because of the add-ons we are using ... dotnet 1.1 & 2 for instance takes a considerable amount of time ...

mine used to be about 30+ mins ... now i'm going 40+ mins (of course + the add-ons) ;)

no, my time is going in the other direction. My slipstream process is getting faster not slower. This one clocked in at 14:59 mins. Mind you other than HFs I'm only doing things from Tomcat's list, all apps that I could be slipping (acroreader, java, office, windvd, notes, etc...) I'm installing via batch during first logon from network share.

@Tomcat - SP made no diff in time. 2.0 yes using 060614d. Attempting right now with 060615a. Where I am now is add/remove shows 2.0 but not 1.1. MSBSA2 doesn't complain. Could 1.1 be installed but not listed? Does it matter what order they are installed in? I noticed with 060615a in svcpack.inf order is dotnet2 then netfxsp1. I am going to manually rearrange and try both ways.