HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Beware: Script is getting bigger!
Can you think of a smaller script that does all that HFSLIP does? :rolleyes:
we need to release a new HFANSWER.ini then for those who might just be using it for the 1st time ...
I'll do it once it goes final... Don't worry... :)

Since it's now possible to disable ISO creation thru HFANSWER.INI...

would it also be okay to add a feature to go directly to the ISO creation without going through all the HFSLIP processes?

This way we can run HFSLIP without creating the ISO then check SOURCESS folders and perhaps make some modifications to the SVCPACK.INI file or other things. Then when we're ready to make the ISO, instead of running MKISOFS.EXE manually from the command line, we could use HFSLIP as the MKISOFS.EXE frontend UI for making our HFSLIPed CD. (I know we could use a third party ISO creation UI for this since that's what we all do before ISO creation feature was added to HFSLIP but it would be great if HFSLIP can do it since it would be just skipping all those steps and make the ISO right away from the SOURCESS folder)

It could be added, say, right in the beginning of the batch file saying like "SOURCESS FOLDER DETECTED, CREATE ISO?" If you answer Yes, you go directly to ISO creation. If you answer No, then you go through the whole HFSLIP process and recreate SOURCESS folder... (and make the ISO, or not, whatever you specified in your HFANSWER.INI)

Just an idea...

@glentium

That feature is already built into HFSLIP. When you get to the screen where you type in I HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Instead of that type in MAKEISO, then HFSLIP will make the ISO and exit.

Thanks for implementing the MakeNoISO idea.

I know this kind of takes away from the whole point, but I'd like HFSLIP to ignore the MakeNoISO setting if AHTEST is specifically set to MAKEISO.

More specifically:

IF "%MakeNoISO%"=="1" IF /I NOT "%AHTEST%"=="MAKEISO" GOTO EOF
Edited by Super-Magician

When using the InstallRC option in HFANSWER.INI, WINNTUPG Folder in SOURCE\I386 is required. When it is not present, you get the error message at T-13 something like: "The option to upgrade is not available..." "X:\I386\WINNTUPG\NETUPGRD.DLL" cannot be found...