Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

ripken204

Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

I have disabled all the unnecessary services of XP through NLite, reducing the list of active services to only 6 or 7 (the exact amount, I don't remember.). I also removed the Luna theme and disabled the Windows 2000 style login window, making the loading process similar to Windows 9x, as well as disabling some unused/unnecessary devices in the Device manager. They are only a small fractions of the tweak I made.

Upgrades! (hmm well my last upgrade post is not here, maybe it was one of those that went missing awhile back)

I do not have a picture of the old setup, that I can recall. A rundown history, this PC did start with an Intel DH87MC with a Core 2 duo and 8 GB DDR3. The 8 GB turned into 16 GB and the CPU was upgraded to a quad core non-HT. It also had begun life with a compact Radeon of some model I forget. There was some shenanigans recently that I was dealing with. USB Mouse light would turn off, mouse stop working. Changed mouse. New mouse same thing. Changed USB ports, problem went away for a while, came back. OK so replace the board I guess! Since it was just recently I made this decision, and knowing the upcoming time/shipping crunch I had to act fast and not tool around with buying random parts from Ebay or wherver. So I bought a test board, new CPU and new RAM.

Old WEI:
KLlomShl.jpg

Returning hardware:
- Chenbro SR105 chassis
- Thermaltake TR2 500 Gold 80 Plus PSU
- LiteOn 128 GB SSD SATA
- Seagate 160 GB 7200 RPM SATA
- WD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA
- Creative Audigy EAX Advanced HD SB0090 Gold Editon PCI
- Sapphire Radeon RX 580 SE 8 GB

New WEI:
jVNhDGdl.jpg

New hardware:
- Asus H110M-C/CSM motherboard
- Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz CPU
- G.Skill AEGIS 32 GB DDR4 RAM

Annnnnnd... The Return of the Spaghetti Monster!

07d0gRSl.jpg

Fun fact, I didn't know the video card lit up until just now when I went to take the picture.