WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

It's a simple batch file, you have to create: here are the contents of mine:

@echo off
rem This file should be called right after setup is complete
rem Edit it to fit your CD Image accordingly
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\WPI\WPI.HTA

ok either I am doing somethign very wrong, or maybe I found a bug...

I have noticed that when I select/deselect certain items for install that sometimes different items are installed instead of the ones I selected...for example, I select CCleaner and Winrar installs.

Of course I looked through the config and everything is pointing to the right place...

any ideas?

I got the same problem. WPI sorts the Applications in the GUI but if WPI shall run them, it runs the Apps that are at the positions in the unsorted config.

Should be fixed, if you have the same order in your config as in the GUI. So the Sorting Funtcion doesn't finally work.

Got an idea for a fix hasi???

Thx in advance.

Yes, you're right.

There's a problem with sorting. Do not use it. A fix will come ...

My apologies.

Hey - is there somewhere a html/javascript guru who can tell me, why the hell the changed javascript variables (changes in the sorting alg of boxes.htm) aren't recognised by one of wpi.hta's buttons ? is it, because boxes.htm runs inside an iframe of wpi.hta.

Have to do some research about this behaviour. Will try to get rid of that IFRAME. See ya. For now - just choose sorting = false in config.js.

Problems should be fixed with new version 2.9

Apps get installed according to GUI's sort order.

Apps unchecked but installed should be fixed.

BTW: boxes.htm is now totally scripted. File got deleted. so there's only 1 hta file.

ZIP removed.

Edited by hasi001

Hi,I have downloaded and changed nothing on it.To test it I just unpacked to desktop and run it but I got error Line 9 char 4 document.WPI[...] is null or not an object..Dont know what is wrong.I have xp sp2 HOME edition and latest IE KB834707 patch applied.

i did the same on my xp pro sp2, and IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

no probs. I do not have time to search for the prob right now. could take a day or two.

what happens if you set sorting=false ?

do you see any checkboxes ?

hmm

I just did my first real-world test. I used WPI 2.82, and i had some problems. I'm not sure if its from some coding differences or some changes you made to the WPI but some things did not install. I'm going to try to fix my coding, and i'll report back.

what happens if you set sorting=false ?

do you see any checkboxes ?

I see checkboxes .Select all Deselect All Select defaults all work but gives error I have said before.WPI_2.7_FINAL which I have downloaded from this thread I guess works good btw.

How can i run wpi.HTA from DVD to a foreign PC and install whatever i want..

My problem is i can't resolve the DVD drive letter...If I put 'root' in config.js

tells me for an "Unknown Drive"

Can u be little more specifiec with the variables?That's my only problem holding me back....HELPP.... :unsure:

How can i run wpi.HTA from DVD to a foreign PC and install whatever i want..

Do you mean like install from a DVD in one PC mapped to a networkshare in another PC ?

My problem is i can't resolve the DVD drive letter...If I put 'root' in config.js

tells me for an "Unknown Drive"

Can u be little more specifiec with the variables?That's my only problem holding me back....HELPP.... :unsure:

For this to work you need to run WPI from the drive where windows was installed from. Important if the system has several cd/dvd drives or if the drive letters has been relocated.

as for you second thought: if the window's too big for the screen, you also wouldn't see where you are - where's the purpose in that ?

I just ran across this post:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=30298

how's that for a solution for the "window is too big" problem? Install each category in a seperate window, with the first window displaying the list.

Installing Codecs...

Installing Apps...

Installing Services...

Cleanup...

Installing AntiVirus...

Installing Office...

(etc.)