WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

@LaptoniC: what you see are graphics (buttons) - not checkboxes.... so there's something weird going on with your configuration. Could not recreate the failure on my sys - but I'm working on it. Don't give up. BTW. there's been a lot of changes since 2.7 - especcially with the code for rendering the checkboxes....

@a06lp - right now, packages of 15 apps will get installed. You can change this value for yourself in generate.js if you want. This is also the file, where you could change the installation-mechanism to your needs - so if you want to install per category, just change the loops and be happy ...

@ALL: Question 'bout V2.9: did anyone else have the problems LaptoniC describes ? Would be nice to hear about your XP-IE configurations)

Thanks for trying man I really appreciate.I have tried WPI on XP Pro and it worked without error.I have also tried to set IE's settings to default but same errors comes out.I attach screen shot of error.As you see I see every graphics check boxes.

post-70-1098189183_thumb.jpg

@a06lp - right now, packages of 15 apps will get installed. You can change this value for yourself in generate.js if you want. This is also the file, where you could change the installation-mechanism to your needs - so if you want to install per category, just change the loops and be happy ...

@ALL: Question 'bout V2.9: did anyone else have the problems LaptoniC describes ? Would be nice to hear about your XP-IE configurations)

I know I can change the number of apps untul a new window opened. What I was suggesting is that there is one RunOnceEx Window open, listing all the categories, and then a new window opens up next to it for each categories sub-items.

I don't know how to do what you said about looping....

Also, I do not have the problem LaptoniC described, but I also don't have the latest IE Patch...

Hy.

I was wondering, is there a way to make the part where the checkboxes are scrollable ?

I mean i would like a way to have the checkboxes like in an subpage (inner frame or something), that way it wouldn't really matter how many programs you've got in the list, since you could scroll down to each one of them.

[EDIT]

I haven't had any problems with it, i did get a few errors, but they where always my fault as i was "playing" around, but the original version worked like a charm.

i think you're confusing two different things:

the selection window (with the checkboxes) has arrows on the bottom if you have LOTS of programs, and it needs a new screen to continue listing them

what we are talking about is the acutal "Windows Update" window that comes up once you press "Begin Install", with a list of everything this is being installed.

I know there are 2 different things, one is the checkbox list in WPI and the other is the list of applications that's being installed (RunOnce).

I was asking about the first since i've put a lot of programs in WPI and they don't all show up (and i can't see any arrows at the bottom of the page neighter).

Anyways, i was thinking that it would look quite nice to have a scrollable page with all the checkboxes in it (it would look similar to NSIS installer, the one used by Winamp), but i have no ideea how to do such a thing, that's why i tought i'll ask.

[EDIT]

Now this is strange, at 1024x768 the scrollbars do appear, but at 800x600 and 600x480 they don't.

Is this a bug, or i'm doing something wrong ?

cyberwolf: a quick resolution for your prob is this:

edit wpi.hta

down near the end it says

<span id="inner" style="position:absolute; width:100%; height:100%; z-index:1; overflow: hidden;">
  <form name="WPI"></form>  
 </span>

change that to overflow to scroll like

<span id="inner" style="position:absolute; width:100%; height:100%; z-index:1; overflow: scroll;">
  <form name="WPI"></form>  
 </span>

and you're done. Doesn't look fine though. Which version do you use.

Have you tried to force resolution by editing api.js and setting fw to a fixed hres value (like 800)

fW = 800; //for testing purposes only...

Try it.

EDIT: I found out, that the scrollbuttons to the right do not show up in forced 640 mode on my system either. It works with 800 and above. Must be an IE rendering problem, cause the table-definition doesn't change (table's width is 100% of <span><form> tag).

Edited by hasi001

@LaptoniC

would you please try this Version (2.9.1) where

document.WPI["checkbox"+i] ...

has been changed to

document.getElementById("checkbox"+i) ...

and comments were added to the source code.

Perhaps this solves you probs. Let me know.

ZIP removed.

Edited by hasi001

@hasi001: Thanx, i managed to do just what i wanted, only that i used "overflow: auto" so that only the vertical scrollbar is visible. I've also commented out the "backnext" function in "boxes.js", so now it looks exactly how i wanted it to look.

Here's 2 screens so you'll know what i'm talking about :

image1

and after you scroll down :

Image2

[EDIT] repaired image links, sorry for that, but i have no ideea how to attache an image dirrectly into the post. :(

Sorry didnt worked either.I hate those type of problem which arent replicable.I dont know the reason why it works on my pro machine and not home one.I even changed ie settings to low security it doesnt make any difference.I saw also

Out of the box, WPI does not support more than 18, so we will need to add support.

at hacking.txt.Can it be the reason of my problems dont know.Thanks.

no, that's not the reason. btw - i didn't update the docs with my changes, so they're old (ver 2.7) - wpi should support unlimited apps (although install might get out of order above app no 1000).

seems to be a home edition's prob.

I just discovered wpi, it's great

Is it possible to force the pc to reboot after all installations are done ?

i tried to run reboot.cmd from guirunone (after wpi.cmd) but it launches before all applications are installed

here's my guirunonce section

[GuiRunOnce]
   %systemdrive%\install\wpi.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\reboot.cmd

wpi.cmd

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\WPI\WPI.hta
exit

and reboot.cmd

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 1 -c "Windows is restarting"

what am i doing wrong ?