WPI_2.7_Final by the Brain & Gresh

No. This command runs the runonceex-installing mechanism. I had to comment it out for testing purposes (forgot to stop the timer sometimes).

If it's commented out the please remove the comment. (Should be fixed in 2.8.2). Sorry for the bug. Shame on me - I'm not Microsoft.

gresh suggested that sorting by categories and names would be fine.

well - here it is. turn on/off in config.js

Version 2.8.3:

mayble it is better only sort inside the programm class not sort general grogramm class.

i have saw that after start the install the the groramm list in "Window Autoupdate" will not show all programm if there was to many of them was added in to the config.js .

the list didn't have auto scroll by installation... have you a solution for this?

the runonceex dialog only supports 1 column. therefore if too many apps get installed, it won't show them cause the dialog grows too high vertically. The programs get installed anyway.

This could be solved by calling the runonceex-mechanism a couple of times with each havin fewer apps to install. Its a problem to keep for one of the next versions.

At the moment only sorting by cat/name is done. Sorry.

nemesis5: hoffe, du kannst dennoch englisch lesen...

So no i've added functionality to overcome the problem with only on column in the RunOnceEx dialog.

RunOnceEx now gets called every 15 apps - so the window doesn't grow too big.

Also gresh informed me, that the substitution of %cdrom% isn't always working correctly. Therefore I altered the code a bit. If you use the %cdrom%, append the full path to the app on the CD (config.js's method of setting discPath won't work with %xxx% parameters)

Version is now 2.8.4

Sorry for all the updates coming so quickly, but I want you to have the opportunity to participate...

ZIP removed.

lol lesen kann ich und verstehen tu ich auch.. nur ist das so ein sache beim beschreiben in englisch da mir immer nicht viel an Wörter einfallen beim schreiben ;-))

ein lob auf deutsch versdienst du allermal .... wenn schon nicht zuviel in englisch schon da sind ;-)) :thumbup

So no i've added functionality to overcome the problem with only on column in the RunOnceEx dialog.

RunOnceEx now gets called every 15 apps - so the window doesn't grow too big.

Umm...

Could you make that screen resolution dependent, too?

I install 30 applications in 1024 resolution, and everything shows fine (nothing is cut off)... maybe after 35 or so call another one?

Although the whole idea or more than one "Windows Update" box defeats the purpose: We want to see where we are on the total list of things to be installed...

you could change it for yourself in generate.js

search for %15 and change the value.

as for you second thought: if the window's too big for the screen, you also wouldn't see where you are - where's the purpose in that ?

In former versions sorting wasn't really useable i think. :} I overworked It and so now new rules apply: :P

Sorting can be switched on/off in config.js

A predefined sort order for categories CAN be given (you NEED NOT to).

Sorting of apps is done only inside categories (if any given)

If not even one category is given and sorting is switched on, then apps get sorted alphabetically.

The apps entries in config.js stay the same.

2 new vars in config.js determine sorting:

var sorting   // indicate if category/name sorting shall be used
var sortorder // sort categories according to sortorder if given

initialisation can be done via

sorting=true;
  sortorder=['System','Tools','Office']; //not all categories must be given
                      //missing categories will be appended to the end
                      //according to their appearance

apps CAN have cat[pn], if it's left out for an app it gets the previous app's category (so this behaviour stays the same as in former version)

Some changes with resolutions were fixed. WPI should now work in all 4:3 resolutions - with and without columns (the constraints of 640 (1col) and 800 (max 2 cols) res stay the same.

The number of columns CAN be set from config.js's numCols variable. If it's left out, then the number of columns will be calculated (hres/30.72 was a good value) so that there's 3 cols in 1024, 4 in 1028, 1280 and 1400 and 5 in 1600

Columns are not fixed - which means that even if you have a value of numCols=3 but too few apps configured it will only show 1 or two columns.

Column fillup is done first down then right.

So now it's version 2.8.5 :hello:

ZIP removed due to massive bugs when using sorting.

Edited by hasi001

Bugs fixed in Version 2.8.6.

Defaults were'nt checked correctly in 2.8.5

Note on sorting: although your apps get displayed in a sorted order, the installation via runonceex runs as defined in config.js.

So even if an app, defined as the first one in config.js (that woul be prog[1]) is displayed at last position in the GUI (could be that its name may be 'ZOOM Player'), it would be first in install order. RunOnceEx would begin with "ZOOM Player".

Some apps might be dependent on each other, so it must be possible to set an installation order.

BUGFIX 2.8.6.1: replacement of double backslashes when using cmd[pn]=['cdrom','...']

ZIP removed.

Edited by hasi001