Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I'm using this one.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/124.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

122 version is already too old and sites shove captchas down our throats. With 124 I can visit them.

Good! Just don't forget to disable client hints and their persistent storage in flags. Modern sites are smart enough to see through your spoofed UA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, Dixel said:

Just don't forget to disable client hints and their persistent storage in flags.

... Would you be so kind as to enlighten me/us towards that very goal? I have a vested interest myself into making this work in latest Th/Sm (Chromium-122 based), but: 

Google have long ago removed any CH-related flags from within "chrome://flags/";
I am aware of the "--disable-features=UserAgentClientHint" command line argument, but it appears it no longer works for Chrome 122 :( ...

That same flag currently works as expected with KafanMiniBrowser (Chromium 87 based), which had a "draft" CH implementation; I used the test site: 

https://user-agent-client-hints.glitch.me/

and KMB indeed leaks its Chromium version (87) through CH: 

5zEoMuv.png

But launched with "--disable-features=UserAgentClientHint" it doesn't

5dkRsRA.png

OTOH, latest Thorium 122 (.169) 32-bit SSE3 with the same cmdline argument continues to leak its Chromium version (122): 

W0U4v1f.png

This is rather unfortunate because at least one of my UA-spoofing extensions (Custom UserAgent String v0.2.3) in Th122 fails to work properly on some sites (which take into account the Chrome version sent via CH and not the one via the "classic" UA-string spoofed by the extension) ...

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the "flag" used to work with Supermium 121, but now it doesn't with either Th/Sm 122 :no: ...

If anyone can come up with a tested/working solution for these, please chime in (FWIW, a cursory web search on Google did not produce a way to fully disable ClientHint in recent Google Chrome versions :realmad: ) ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... Would you be so kind as to enlighten me/us towards that very goal? I have a vested interest myself into making this work in latest Th/Sm (Chromium-122 based), but: 

Google have long ago removed any CH-related flags from within "chrome://flags/";
I am aware of the "--disable-features=UserAgentClientHint" command line argument, but it appears it no longer works for Chrome 122 :( ...

That same flag currently works as expected with KafanMiniBrowser (Chromium 87 based), which had a "draft" CH implementation; I used the test site: 

https://user-agent-client-hints.glitch.me/

and KMB indeed leaks its Chromium version (87) through CH: 

5zEoMuv.png

But launched with "--disable-features=UserAgentClientHint" it doesn't

5dkRsRA.png

OTOH, latest Thorium 122 (.169) 32-bit SSE3 with the same cmdline argument continues to leak its Chromium version (122): 

W0U4v1f.png

This is rather unfortunate because at least one of my UA-spoofing extensions (Custom UserAgent String v0.2.3) in Th122 fails to work properly on some sites (which take into account the Chrome version sent via CH and not the one via the "classic" UA-string spoofed by the extension) ...

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the "flag" used to work with Supermium 121, but now it doesn't with either Th/Sm 122 :no: ...

If anyone can come up with a tested/working solution for these, please chime in (FWIW, a cursory web search on Google did not produce a way to fully disable ClientHint in recent Google Chrome versions :realmad: ) ...

Interesting observation, then we have to assume win32 broke something or made an intentional leak for compatibility with modern sits (like nVidia gaming, I saw several requests at github), starting with this version, and Thorium (certainly) followed up!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Per your request, I just tried Opera GX 108 (I picked up the same Chromium engine), it doesn't leak those Hints with the aforementioned flag used via cmd.

I checked here, it's more convenient and informative, without bloat, and easy for users who don't know how to enter developer mode.

https://browserleaks.com/client-hints

I'm sorry, my attachment limit is full. And I can't test higher versions, I didn't port them yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another interesting observation, now by me, Thorium and Supermium have the same unique fingerprint that can't be changed!

Go here, look at "Akamai Hash", compare.

https://browserleaks.com/ip

If anyone can come up with a tested/working solution for these, please chime in!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dixel said:

Per your request, I just tried Opera GX 108 (I picked up the same Chromium engine), it doesn't leak those Hints with the aforementioned flag used via cmd.

I checked here, it's more convenient and informative, without bloat, and easy for users who don't know how to enter developer mode.

https://browserleaks.com/client-hints

I'm sorry, my attachment limit is full. And I can't test higher versions, I didn't port them yet.

I know why it works with Opera 108, Dixel. Most likely, you ported the developer versions of Opera, which are beta based. In the final release of 122 Chrome they completely removed the ability to switch off the notorious tracking: "User-Agent Client Hints" (v122+) It sucks, sucks big time. Now everyone will know @VistaLover is on Vista x86, and Vistapocalypse is on iOS/iPhone.

Documented case.

https://github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium/issues/2887

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I know why it works with Opera 108, Dixel. Most likely, you ported the developer versions of Opera, which are beta based. In the final release of 122 Chrome they completely removed the ability to switch off the notorious tracking: "User-Agent Client Hints" (v122+) It sucks, sucks big time. Now everyone will know @VistaLover is on Vista x86, and Vistapocalypse is on iOS/iPhone.

Documented case.

https://github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium/issues/2887

Thanks for clarification, I don't see a way of how to return to the normal spoofing without re-implementing that flag again,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Google did not produce a way to fully disable ClientHint in recent Google Chrome versions :realmad: ) ...

From what I see, it's a close colab with MS to phase out Win10 (which will be 10 years old very soon).

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/web-platform/how-to-detect-win11

"Websites can differentiate between users on Windows 11 and Windows 10, and detect the CPU architecture of the device, by using User-Agent Client Hints (UA-CH)"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW, the browser just glitched out on me, and it doesn't show Italics. It worked before just fine, Ideas?

Small capture due to the limit demands,

 

Screenshot_27.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

MSFN members considering a client-hints problem might try r3dfox.

Although HTTP User-Agent is obviously visible.

Thanks, unfortunately I still want to use my chrome-only extensions. Probably, they had already written new spoofing CH extensions, like the ones for UA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

right-click on top of the disappeared italics, select Inspect, then toggle the font-size, see if the appearance of the italics toggles as well.

image.thumb.png.cc60ee2463d771da645aaaa548277a31.png

Thanks! I just logged out and logged in again, now it works. Weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

em-sized fonts disappearing (though your font was rem-sized) have nothing to do with logged in or not.

Closing the page and reopening will generally reappear a disappeared font, a refresh sometimes will reappear them.

I would encounter them once every four months or so in 360Chrome, for me it was always fastest to edit the font-size from em to px.

Your rem is the first time I've seen any issue with rem.  em on the other hand is discussed in several Chrome/Chromium forums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2024 at 9:55 AM, AstroSkipper said:

mobile user agent

I wanted to ask if you could help me with the solution for Google Drive. I was able to get where the mobile user agent is edited and using one called 'Firefox Mac' was able to get into Drive avoiding the crash, able to see what it looks like in mobile format. But I don't know how to save it. Closed everything thinking it was done and then the Default one came back. Also wondering if there's a way to use it just for Drive or if I'll have to view all pages in mobile format. :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...