Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

For me, using --no-sandbox helps to solve it, but I don't want to run without sandbox. So using these browsers is currently on hold. Also, due to the brightness issue.

For security reasons, I do not use the --no-sandbox flag, either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I too have this issue related to USB in both. Any simple USB stick is not detected when one of either browsers is opened. 2009 motherboard. USB 2.0.

The last weeks, I have permanently attached an USB 2.0 hard disk to my Windows XP computer while using Thorium. It is shown correctly connected and functional. I will test connecting USB sticks the next time when I am back at my desktop machine. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

The last weeks, I have permanently attached an USB 2.0 hard disk to my Windows XP computer while using Thorium. It is shown correctly connected and functional. I will test connecting USB sticks the next time when I am back at my desktop machine. :)

Yes, when USB device was attached before, it works, it doesn't work if I attach when the browser was already opened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Yes, when USB device was attached before, it works, it doesn't work if I attach when the browser was already opened.

Ok. So far, I didn't attach a USB device while Thorium is running but I will do so the next time. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Ok. So far, I didn't attach an USB device while Thorium is running but I will do so the next time. :yes:

Thanks, I tried with an old Kingston USB flash 32GB (2013 year or so).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Yes, when USB device was attached before, it works, it doesn't work if I attach when the browser was already opened.

 

57 minutes ago, D.Draker said:
59 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Ok. So far, I didn't attach an USB device while Thorium is running but I will do so the next time. :yes:

Thanks, I tried with an old Kingston USB flash 32GB (2013 year or so).

I attached a Medion USB 32 GB stick to my machine while Thorium was running. No problems here. :no: Attaching and removing the stick works as it should. Thus, I can't see any issues in my system. Maybe, it depends on the USB chip that is used. I had a lot of problems with the VIA chip in the past. :thumbdown I replaced my USB card one or two years ago by one with a NEC chip. No connection errors anymore. :thumbup The NEC chip is very stable and simply great.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

 

I attached a Medion USB 32 GB stick to my machine while Thorium was running. No problems here. :no: Attaching and removing the stick works as it should. Thus, I can't see any issues in my system. Maybe, it depends on the USB chip that is used. I had a lot of problems with the VIA chip in the past. :thumbdown I replaced my USB card one or two years ago by one with a NEC chip. No connection errors anymore. :thumbup The NEC chip is very stable and simply great.

Thanks, I have a standard Intel USB device (the one that was built in). No USB addon cards.

 Workstation CELSIUS W280

Systemboard D2912-A1x

Personal Computer ESPRIMO P9900

https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Search/SWP1081232.asp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Thanks, I have a standard Intel USB device (the one that was built in). No USB addon cards.

 Workstation CELSIUS W280

Systemboard D2912-A1x

Personal Computer ESPRIMO P9900

https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Search/SWP1081232.asp

Thanks for providing your hardware specs! My on-board connectors are still USB 1.1 ports due to the age of the motherboard which was manufactured in 2000. :buehehe: Therefore, I had to retrofit USB 2.0. Since I have installed the expansion card from Exsys with the NEC chip, everything that has to do with USB runs like clockwork. And Thorium doesn't seem to have a problem with this chip, either. :P

PS: By the way, it was rather a stroke of luck that I was still able to purchase this card via eBay classifieds. The Exsys USB 2.0 PCI card is more of a Mercedes among USB expansion cards and can no longer be purchased officially.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Which version of the Chrome XP API Adapter do you use for Thorium? :dubbio: The most recent one is 1.2.0.5057.

I've now updated it to the 1.2.0.5055 version of progwrp.dll and the 1.2.0.5057 version of chrome-xpapi-adapter.dll which now seems to have to be in the same folder.
Early days, but first impressions are that Thorium tabs no longer crash on my netbook, which is great!
:thumbup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I've now updated it to the 1.2.0.5055 version of progwrp.dll and the 1.2.0.5057 version of chrome-xpapi-adapter.dll which now seems to have to be in the same folder.
Early days, but first impressions are that Thorium tabs no longer crash on my netbook, which is great!
:thumbup

Look what came out today:

v1.2.0.5058 (2024.05.28)

[+] XP: Added support for Hardware Accelerated rendering for XP. With it, browser will use less CPU to render pages, and while playing videos.
To use, run it with switches: --use-angle=d3d9 --ignore-gpu-blocklist.
With it, you will see this features in about:gpu for XP, as you see it on NT6+ systems.

Wow!  Time to test this out!

Edited by mockingbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great, but I'll leave things as they are for now as I am about to take my netbook away on holiday, and I want to make sure it's OK for that!
I'll update when I get back.
:yes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mockingbird said:

Look what came out today:

v1.2.0.5058 (2024.05.28)

[+] XP: Added support for Hardware Accelerated rendering for XP. With it, browser will use less CPU to render pages, and while playing videos.
To use, run it with switches: --use-angle=d3d9 --ignore-gpu-blocklist.
With it, you will see this features in about:gpu for XP, as you see it on NT6+ systems.

Wow!  Time to test this out!

Especially the --ignore-gpu-blocklist flag leads to a disappearance of tool bar icons which belong to the extensions "User Agent Switcher and Manager 0.5.0" and "Window Resizer 2.6.4". I should mention that my my old computer is equipped with a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 graphic card with 256 MB. A very, very old graphic card, of course. :P Thus, I removed both flags from my installation. In any case, I will have to test this more deeply. Perhaps, other things are also negatively affected. :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Yes, when USB device was attached before, it works, it doesn't work if I attach when the browser was already opened.

I have never found this problem...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...