6 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Looking at the Thorium performance settings, I was intrigued by this -

Clipboard-3.thumb.jpg.ae468533ca05517f9349ad48946bb9a7.jpg

Switching u-Block off for just that page makes no difference, but if uBlock is disabled completely, the option becomes available again.
This is the same in Supermium BTW.
:dubbio:

I always close this option

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I am hereby GIVING UP COMPLETELY on Supermium!  I do NOT have the patience of this thing pegging my CPU at 100% for two to four minutes at a time, wait 10 seconds, then peg again.

While I continue to have "high hopes" for Supermium, this is by far the WORST browser I've ever ran!

It will improve, I have no doubt about that!  But THORIUM does not do this pegging for SEVERAL minutes at a time !!!

image.png.3b215fcd3c2863b9e284503150282bfc.png

I never found my CPU at 100% on Supermium and Thorium,How did you found it, and what kind of your hardware?

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Are you testing on a "real" system?  Or an "extended kernel" system?

I don't use the kernel, I did, but locally (it wasn't installed into the system). Neither Thorium, nor Supermium need it.

8 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hate to say it, but for the time being I'm also giving up on both until they improve, both are not usable on my aged systems.

The Chrome engine is bloated, it's no surprise, DDR4 improves the situation. Very little the they can do.

7 hours ago, Dave-H said:

As you can see, the font is completely different.

As far as I can tell, it is Thorium that is behaving identical to Ungoogled Chromium v114 as far as fonts on Digital Spy.
But I'm unsure if they are doing what they are being "told" to do (at least as far as the first issue, you seem to have two issues here).
In any programming language, there is always a degree of "junk in, junk out".

You have two things going on.

First, your style sheet is MISSING the closing }.
Your style sheet should read -
   from body {font-family: unset !important;
   to body {font-family: unset !important;}    (note that the only difference is the } at the very end.
Thorium and Ungoogled v114 both seem to add this missing } "for you".

Second, Digital Spy &/or Stylus is not applying your style sheet for "body" to "body h4" (unsure what the official CSS guideline is on this).
In your style sheet for Digital Spy, change it -
   from body {font-family: unset !important;}

to body, body * {font-family: unset !important;}    (note the added , body * so we catch not only "body" but "body h4" and "body h2", both being used at Digital Spy)

12 hours ago, Dixel said:

Hardware specs? I don't observe this on an el-cheapo Pentium G3470 (bought for 5 Euros).

It's rather expected, my guess is those two clone browsers are more optimized for older single/dual core. HT and the such might only slow it down!

@NotHereToPlayGames, go to the BIOS and switch HT to OFF.

9 hours ago, hidao said:

I never found my CPU at 100% on Supermium and Thorium,How did you found it, and what kind of your hardware?

Yes, strange, me neither! Probably some soft conflict?

11 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Just to illustrate, this is what I'm seeing with Supermium, and 360Chrome -

Supermium.thumb.jpg.3e31e4c1051925a0492d7bd75bdfadc5.jpg

And this is what I'm seeing in Thorium -

Thorium.thumb.jpg.3b0bfd5977871233eaf2afe7856fc2d0.jpg

As you can see, the font is completely different.
Looks like Time New Roman to me, but might not be from what @NotHereToPlayGames said!

Both SM an TH have terribly smudged, bright, too light fonts, whereas 360 has good, readable fonts, we already posted screenshots in Supermium topic.

The reason I avoid both for now, I got an eye trauma after I fell off the second floor of an old hooch in Africa colonies, while on patrol, so it's especially hard for me to read now.

What can I suggest? CatsXP 115 has very good, similar fonts to 360, also it switches off the stupid Direct write. But it *of course* includes China telemetry.

Later on, CatsXP went the same road and made those terrible fonts, too! Excuse me for any errors, I temporarily don't see well.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

my guess is those two clone browsers are more optimized for older single/dual core. HT and the such might only slow it down!

Possible.

But I have ran both on real hardware on old laptop and from VM on fairly-modern hardware.

I get the same results in both - Supermium is the only one pegging at 100% for 2 to 4 minutes, dropping to 2% for 10 seconds, then pegging again for another 2 to 4 minutes.

I can only speak towards what I witness - and that is that Thorium works better, much MUCH better, on my hardware.

Supermium can NOT be ran from a VM, the 100% CPU is far FAR worse when ran from a VM.  But I suppose that's okay, we should be targeting real hardware.

15 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

As far as I can tell, it is Thorium that is behaving identical to Ungoogled Chromium v114 as far as fonts on Digital Spy.
But I'm unsure if they are doing what they are being "told" to do (at least as far as the first issue, you seem to have two issues here).
In any programming language, there is always a degree of "junk in, junk out".

You have two things going on.

First, your style sheet is MISSING the closing }.
Your style sheet should read -
   from body {font-family: unset !important;
   to body {font-family: unset !important;}    (note that the only difference is the } at the very end.
Thorium and Ungoogled v114 both seem to add this missing } "for you".

Second, Digital Spy &/or Stylus is not applying your style sheet for "body" to "body h4" (unsure what the official CSS guideline is on this).
In your style sheet for Digital Spy, change it -
   from body {font-family: unset !important;}

to body, body * {font-family: unset !important;}    (note the added , body * so we catch not only "body" but "body h4" and "body h2", both being used at Digital Spy)

Thank you, that seems to have largely fixed the incorrect font on the Digital Spy forum site!
:thumbup
It does look as if some of the site is still wrong though, like the 'Sky' header here, which looks as if it's still in the wrong font.

Clipboard-3.thumb.jpg.7ba1b09b3c746901ad0a6bc1093c4495.jpg

All the rest looks now correct.
Is that perhaps because it's a larger size?

Just a quick question: Do you guys think rebasing the dlls would help much? And if so, is the command line still like it was for 360 Chrome - rebase.exe -b 10040000? Thank you I really don't know what the heck I'm doing most of the time and largely going by faulty memory and a very long time ago  (and I'm not talking about computer memory either) :)

EDIT: I'm currently using Rebase V6.0.6001.17129 (longhorn.080104-1910)

Edited by XPerceniol

16 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

...I can only speak towards what I witness - and that is that Thorium works better, much MUCH better, on my hardware.

Ok, maybe I'll keep Thorium on my system then, so it appears to be compared to 114? Or I think you said it behaves such as to reflect this? Just want to make clear - this isn't stressing me or upsetting me - I quite enjoy testing new browsers.

Edited by XPerceniol