Tuta Mail adds new Quantum-resistant encryption to protect email

Tuta Mail has announced TutaCrypt, a new post-quantum encryption protocol to secure communications from powerful and anticipated decryption attacks.

Tuta Mail is an open-source end-to-end encrypted email service with ten million users. Its creator, Tuta, is based in Germany, where it's involved in developing post-quantum secure cloud storage and file-sharing solutions for the government.

Today, Tuta announced the launch of TutaCrypt, a new protocol designed to protect currently exchanged communications from 'harvest now, decrypt later' attacks......

More info:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/tuta-mail-adds-new-quantum-resistant-encryption-to-protect-email/

https://tuta.com/blog/post-quantum-cryptography

Android app not working well (lost connections) so attachments not uploaded and email message not shown in smartphones without Google services.

My wife,who was born in Germany,uses Tuta Mail.

I will probably open a Tuta Mail account as well.

Tuta Mail users were informed of the news via email:

1.jpg

P.S.

Notice how I opened Tuta Mail in my PC via Webmail.
I don't think it is possible (those interested can check better) to use the other method,Clients mail.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

I can't even create an account on 360 Chrome Or Mypal68 wth spoofed UA ?

spacer.png

spacer.png

???

Perhaps Surperium is needed here but I can't test today; oh well ... will try tomorrow in the AM.

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hi XPerceniol. Please note that Sampei did not post this in the “Browsers working on Older NT-Family OSes” subforum, so there is no reason to presume that this is intended for Windows XP users.

5 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

???

Perhaps Surperium is needed here but I can't test today; oh well ... will try tomorrow in the AM.

The OP posted screenshot clearly tells - it's for the German version of Tuta.

"s.u." in German means "see below". The information written below the title line is for the German version.

Most likely works only for the Germans or someone located in Germany. 

tutu.png

6 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Hi XPerceniol. Please note that Sampei did not post this in the “Browsers working on Older NT-Family OSes” subforum, so there is no reason to presume that this is intended for Windows XP users.

@XPerceniol is right. It's not linked to a particular OS, it's linked to the abilities of a browser and a good IP it wants to see.

"Sometimes accounts are automatically marked for approval to prevent spammers from signing up. This is often the case when you sign up via Tor or a VPN, for example, because unfortunately spammers like to abuse Tor. In case your account gets marked for approval, you will be able to start using it within 48 hours after registration once it has been approved." 

https://tuta.com/blog/anonymous-email

"This process can easily be skipped by choosing one of the paid plans in Tutanota.":D

LOL. No comment.

Posted (edited)

I am Italian and I have registered regularly.
The free account is limited to 1 GB.
Try to use the app which is also very convenient:

2.jpg

Be careful to enter "ordinary delivery" in the email settings.
Otherwise, those who receive your email need the password to read it.

3.jpg

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

13 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

I am Italian and I have registered regularly.

Why they sent you their German version notification, then? Probably you used a VPN located in Germany?

5 hours ago, EliraFriesnan said:

Will it work from Switzerland?

Who knows whether they like your ISP or not, they are so, so secure...:rolleyes: