Is it possible or much more likely impossible for MSFN Staff to introduce a negative or no "Like" vote?

3 hours ago, jaclaz said:

No.

But that looks very good on your curriculum vitae, should you look for a job.

jaclaz

Thanks for the advice! No need (at least as of now), I live off my military pension, but it's quite enough (we have them high in France), I also have private contracts, but in that case it would be easier to just move to github then.

Like win32 already did. Easy to add payment options, etc. 

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Yes, I support your idea about removing likes and like it. But then there will be another problem. How will people express apprecation, if we implement your idea? Will "thank you" be completely enough to express appreciation? Also, it could cause the "Agreed" "+1" "Very good post, I support it" posts to increase even more.

I am not saying your idea is bad, but you should have gave it some thought.

See here is the problem, for instance, today I'm out of like so I have to do that very thing to show appreciation so whilst removing the likes could be helpful this will increase ones post count to do that ... seems like a coin toss on this subject.

Edited by XPerceniol

4 hours ago, jaclaz said:

You see, I am actually a genius in marketing (and also modest, not everywhere, but in spots) :buehehe:

jaclaz.

What about followers? This Twitter rudiment needs to be paid, too!

1 Pound per 1 follower. Extra followers will be sold with discounts, like one hundred for 80 Pounds. Charge only in British Pounds, who needs those cheap bucks?!

I was silly enough to convert part of my Guldens to 30 thousands bucks in the 1990s, now I don't know what to do with them. The exchange rate is too bad.

Besides, those after 2006 bucks are too colourful and ugly. 

Giving everyone my marvellous idea for free!

46 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

See here is the problem, for instance, today I'm out of like so I have to do that very thing to show appreciation so whilst removing the likes could be helpful this will increase ones post count to do that ... seems like a coin toss on this subject.

That's precisely what I am talking about.

Edited by mina7601

Fact: There's a handful of accounts that can't properly behave themselves with women.

My opinion: I'm not sure if the downvote button will make them behave. There's got to be another form of punishment.

I'm giving out a couple of examples. Their posts are quoted with my replies, they are known to edit posts out.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185045-supermium/?do=findComment&comment=1259796

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184249-chrome-110-based-opera-i-ported-it-to-vista/?do=findComment&comment=1260409

What do other users think, will "not like" help? I don't think so. I'm open to suggestions, opinions.

3 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

All very interesting.
Also the monetary policy.

But is it possible to know whether or not this request will be evaluated?

My opinion you just want more scandals on the site, that's why you insist.

Basically, all those who ignite scandals are only a few, all well known.

41 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

All very interesting.
Also the monetary policy.

Oww, comeon, I was joking, as you well know it is the approach used on italian television to vote at (say) Ballando con le stelle or (still say) the Festival di Sanremo, but also at the Primarie del PD,

44 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

But is it possible to know whether or not this request will be evaluated?

Possible? Yes.

Probable? No.

jaclaz

• Sampei.Nihira changed the title to Is it possible or much more likely impossible for MSFN Staff to introduce a negative or no "Like" vote?
2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Oww, comeon, I was joking, as you well know it is the approach used on italian television to vote at (say) Ballando con le stelle or (still say) the Festival di Sanremo, but also at the Primarie del PD,

Well, I am proud that you were joking. It's very disappointing that some people took it seriously.

Edited by mina7601

• 3 weeks later...

upvotes have never really seemed like they where needed and are just an excuse for someone to say there popular when there actually really not

Edited by legacyfan

3 hours ago, legacyfan said:

upvotes have never really seemed like they where needed and are just an excuse for someone to say there popular when there actually really not

You misread the title, the OP wants downvotes to be introduced by the staff, not upvotes. Meaning "negative" votes.