Is it possible or much more likely impossible for MSFN Staff to introduce a negative or no "Like" vote?

It would be helpful for all "honest" members of the forum.
And it would also be helpful to dispel the growing suspicions that there are members who have multiple accounts.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

3 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

It would be helpful for all "honest" members of the forum.

I'm up for it with both hands! Finally, I'll downvote all of your erroneous, offensive posts, which are so many.

I'll make sure to attach screenshots with proof, like I always do, all very honest, with articles, 

real expert analyses, all in a very polite form, all according to the forum rules. So yeah, I'd say - go for it!

Just one example of proof.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185910-resuming-the-transition-to-manifest-v3/?do=findComment&comment=1255843

Just one example of how you tell people to "shut up". Will it get a downvote from me? You betcha.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/186019-protecting-chromium-traffic-with-hybrid-kyber-kem/?do=findComment&comment=1260118

shut up.png

Personally I think we should actually get rid of the "likes" (as opposed to the addition of "dislikes").

Likes are senseless metrics, they are about consensus (by the masses), not value in absolute terms.

More specifically, I think you guys should be taking some long walks outside instead of insisting on these themes, this stuff is getting old.

jaclaz

On 2/20/2024 at 12:59 PM, jaclaz said:

Personally I think we should actually get rid of the "likes" (as opposed to the addition of "dislikes").

Likes are senseless metrics, they are about consensus (by the masses), not value in absolute terms.

More specifically, I think you guys should be taking some long walks outside instead of insisting on these themes, this stuff is getting old.

jaclaz

I support your proposal.
I certainly do not belong to the "like" generation.
And I have just returned from my 15-day vacation in Sharm,so I love the outdoors,the sea,walks......:)

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

3 hours ago, jaclaz said:

I don't insist on anything. 

Personally I think

Personally I think we should actually get rid of the crap/fake posters/reposers/copy pasters.

More specifically, I think we need to have some sort of approval before posting, he's just angry because

I caught him several times with his misleading information and errors, but instead of saying thank you, he just insults and reports me.

For example, it would be wise to have @jaclaz among the posts' inspection commission.

The US Government tried this.  It was called the Disinfo Czar.  Failed miserably.  Was shut down within a month.

One person's "news" is another person's "fake news".

One person's "angry post" is another person's "polite reporting of facts".

One person't "facts" is another person's "bias".

Et cetera.

Ad nauseam.

Carpe diem.

Veni, vidi, vici.

Et tu, Brute?

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

One person's "news" is another person's "fake news".

You confuse opinions with facts from developers. It's not up for arguments when the information comes from developers themselves. That person @Sampei.Nihira simply can't support grown up people discussions, he  insulted me many times.

I explained to he super politely. What exactly is not polite in this explanation? Now he's simply furious and revengeful.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/186019-protecting-chromium-traffic-with-hybrid-kyber-kem/?do=findComment&comment=1260148

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

One person's "angry post" is another person's "polite reporting of facts".

There are widely accepted norms of social behaviour. I'd like all members to stick to such norms. European norms. I don't want to be screamed at.

4 hours ago, jaclaz said:

jaclaz

Yes, I support your idea about removing likes and like it. But then there will be another problem. How will people express apprecation, if we implement your idea? Will "thank you" be completely enough to express appreciation? Also, it could cause the "Agreed" "+1" "Very good post, I support it" posts to increase even more.

I am not saying your idea is bad, but you should have gave it some thought.

37 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Yes, I support your idea about removing likes and like it. But then there will be another problem. How will people express apprecation, if we implement your idea? Will "thank you" be completely enough to express appreciation? Also, it could cause the "Agreed" "+1" "Very good post, I support it" posts to increase even more.

I am not saying your idea is bad, but you should have gave it some thought.

Who tells you I didn't gave some thought about it? :dubbio:

It's easy, money :w00t:.

1 US dollar (or 1 Euro or 1 British Pound, we will simplify using a 1:1 fixed rate of exchange) of donation to found MSFN.ORG expenses every 5 likes.

You buy in advance a carnet of 10 likes, (which will be called £ik€$), that you can "spend" on other members posts.

Essentially, put your money where your mouth is.

I would guess that creating voting rings (if any exist) will be discouraged.

You see, I am actually a genius in marketing (and also modest, not everywhere, but in spots) :buehehe:

jaclaz.

Edited by jaclaz

It's easy, money :w00t:.

1 US dollar (or 1 Euro or 1 British Pound, we will simplify using a 1:1 fixed rate of exchange) of donation to found MSFN.ORG expenses every 5 likes.

You buy in advance a carnet of 10 likes, (which will be called £ik€$), that you can "spend" on other members posts.

Essentially, put your money where your mouth is.

What about people who work for MSFN for free? Creating content for MSFN for free.

Couple a days ago I gave a modded driver to a fella for free, so, in other words, probably also a good idea to start charging MSFN? Or charge the users that get our direct help?

4 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

What about people who work for MSFN for free? Creating content for MSFN for free.

Couple a days ago I gave a modded driver to a fella for free, so, in other words, probably also a good idea to start charging MSFN? Or charge the users that get our direct help?

No.

But that looks very good on your curriculum vitae, should you look for a job.

jaclaz