6 hours ago, Ben Markson said:
15 hours ago, roytam1 said:

My changes since my last build:
- tzdata: update to 2024a (de7e7860ff)
- icu: fix getting windows timezone on legacy windows (92e1373e8c)

Works for me – thank you for fixing the XP time zone anomaly.

Ben.

@roytam1 I would also like to take this opportunity to say thank you for this wonderful fix. ssuper5sur5.gif Everything related to local time, date, DST and time zone now works perfectly in my New Moon 28 browser. I also reverted the code of my Clock custom button, and now, it works as it should. :thumbup Thanks! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

Hi folks! My bank's site, chase.com, is once again upping the minimum browser version for Firefox. (This hasn't yet been implemented. At this point, a nag appears if your user agent reports a version that's "too old," but everything still works - for now.)

The last time they did this, they raised the minimum to v113, and I changed my user agent to match that minimum. This time, they're raising it to ... v115. Setting the user agent to v115 or later removes the nag.

I was flabbergasted! I half expected v117, the last version for Windows 7, at least. What's the point of raising the minimum by a mere two versions? What did FF v115 bring to the CSS/Javascript table that Chase just had to have?

I'm anticipating a future breakage of chase.com with bated breath.

Edited by Mathwiz

41 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

What did FF v115 bring to the CSS/Javascript table that Chase just had to have?

Oh, I pretty much guarantee that the answer to that, worded that way, is "nothing".

Rather, v114 *plus* v115 brought a SO-CALLED "security fix" that Chase just "has to have".

To me, that indeed sounds like the most plausible explanation, especially considering that they did not increase the minimum version for Chrome/Edge!

Although if "security" is the reason, I would've expected them to require at least the WebP fix, which V115 lacks.

On 4/26/2024 at 8:04 PM, VistaLover said:

... but that version of Gitea is already somewhat broken when used in MCP's platform/browsers :( ; e.g., just navigate to the Home page of the PM source repo:

https://repo.palemoon.org/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon

and then try to download a tarball (or ZIP) of the source: 

A7xsDkJ.png

It is impossible :angry: to perform any of the "More Operations" actions spawned when the ellipsis (...) button is clicked under UXP (latest NM28 tried), because they're not clickable/actionable-upon: 

mGbyjML.png

... the irony ;) ; OTOH, I can use KMB (Chromium 87, released in mid-Nov 2020) to fetch that tarball (file "Pale-Moon-master.tar.gz") fine! :sneaky:

Moonchild mentioned a workaround - set dom.forms.button.standards_compliant to false on about:config page and restart the browser (page reload is not enough).

On 4/26/2024 at 11:47 AM, AstroSkipper said:

@roytam1 When I try to upload a file to my account on codeberg.org in New Moon 28, it is impossible to access the items in the menu "Add File". These items are not clickable and therefore inaccessible. The mouse pointer can't capture the menu items but only those which are located underneath.. Do you have an account there? Any ideas? :dubbio:

Maybe it works for this too?

Edited by UCyborg

37 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Moonchild mentioned a workaround - set dom.forms.button.standards_compliant to false on about:config page and restart the browser (page reload is not enough).

On 4/26/2024 at 11:47 AM, AstroSkipper said:

@roytam1 When I try to upload a file to my account on codeberg.org in New Moon 28, it is impossible to access the items in the menu "Add File". These items are not clickable and therefore inaccessible. The mouse pointer can't capture the menu items but only those which are located underneath.. Do you have an account there? Any ideas? :dubbio:

Maybe it works for this too?

Thank you very much! :) Setting dom.forms.button.standards_compliant to false did the trick. For the very first time, I was able to upload a test file from New Moon 28 to my main folder on Codeberg:cheerleader: I am really happy. Great find! :thumbup Thanks again!

7 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

I would've expected them to require at least the WebP fix

Why?  Unless their server serves .webp, then why would they care if your browser has that "so-called" security hole fixed or not.

WepP is over-exaggerated, doesn't really "effect" folks anywhere near as much as the HYPE AND PROPAGANDA suggests.

Speaking of Chase and always feeling like a dog "chasing" its own tail, I was recently "forced" to upgrade from XP to Win10 because my checking account could no longer be polyfilled or Proxomitron'd to "working" in XP.

That was some time over a month but less than two months ago.

I'm wondering if there was enough "backlash" because I just noticed today that my checking account is once again accessible in XP using 360Chrome!

While that is good news, I admit that I am now a bit reluctant to return to XP - because that forced upgrade WILL happen again.  Two months from now, two years from now, who knows when.

On 4/26/2024 at 8:04 PM, VistaLover said:

I practically abandoned my favourite (for many years) Serpent 52 for Kafan MiniBrowser (Cr87) and, at this time, also contemplating switching to either Supermium/Thorium :whistle: ...

But then they'll keep making more Chromium exclusive web pages...

Is it just me, or are there more and more sites that have the problem as exhibited on https://www.tomsguide.com/?

On 4/24/2024 at 12:04 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have tried Privoxy.  Hated it!  May work for other's needs, but not mine.

On 4/25/2024 at 12:17 AM, feodor2 said:

Uh, how could it be.

We've grown too picky, too entitled, I notice it with myself way too often. I hate what I see in the mirror, I've become a monster I despise.

I need a reset, something. Perhaps spend less time with tech.

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

We've grown too picky, too entitled, I notice it with myself way too often. I hate what I see in the mirror, I've become a monster I despise.

I need a reset, something. Perhaps spend less time with tech.

I feel the same way and I also think I'd be happier without so much tech .... I'm thinking about taking the summer off from all forums and not returning at all and see if I feel better. Resetting might be good for you and try to get outside and find solace in nature ... get back to the 'basics' again before all this madness when life was more simple. Nature never disappoints. 

Edited by XPerceniol

7 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Is it just me, or are there more and more sites that have the problem as exhibited on https://www.tomsguide.com/?

Definitely not just you.  I used to see that problem all over the place when I was on NM28.

Too many folks tend to think that javascript is the problem that makes modern sites no longer "work" on older browsers.

But that problem has nothing to do with javascript, it's a css issue and it happens a LOT with NM28 on web sites that have a "navigation banner" with dropdown menus.

23 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Too many folks tend to think that javascript is the problem that makes modern sites no longer "work" on older browsers.

But that problem has nothing to do with javascript, it's a css issue and it happens a LOT with NM28 on web sites that have a "navigation banner" with dropdown menus.

In the case of https://www.tomsguide.com/, I have to agree with you. It really looks like a CSS issue. But in general, both, JavaScript and CSS, are the main causer for a breakage of websites. And one can't really say that one of the causers is more important than the other. :no: At least, I do think so. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper

https://www.tomsguide.com/ looks to me like that stupid link rel="preload" issue we also see at Micro$oft's Web pages. Proxomitron and/or Modify HTTP Response might be able to fix it.

Someday I'll find the person who came up with that "preload" nonsense and wring his neck. AFAICS it accomplishes nothing other than breaking Web pages on older browsers.

OTOH, I cannot understand why MCP still hasn't addressed link rel="preload" in UXP. It's been an issue for a long time, it breaks major sites like Micro$oft's, and (although I'll admit I don't know enough to be sure) it doesn't seem like something that would be all that hard to implement.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Definitely not just you.  I used to see that problem all over the place when I was on NM28.

Wow ... https://www.tomsguide.com:

Looks 'all over the place' with Mypal68 as well.